Chapter 45

It was official. I hated wedding planning. I hated it so much. Harry and I haven't agreed on any of the big things. He didn't like the venues that I like, I didn't like the ones he likes. He wanted a chocolate cake, I didn't. We literally couldn't agree. It got to the point that we were fighting over planning and we literally had to stop all together. We didn't talk about wedding planning for almost two months.

But I tried to focus on the good things we had going for us. We'd picked a color scheme. He wanted me to be surrounded by lilac because it was my favorite shade of purple. That would be the color of the bridesmaid dresses and Harry's tie. We'd also decided on a our wedding party. We wanted to keep it small, so it would just be Kira, Kimmy, Niall, and Dustin. We didn't need anyone else. That, and we both had limited friends that we would want in wedding pictures for the rest of our lives.

We'd agreed on flowers too. Dahlias because they were my favorites.

"Harry, that's going to be so expensive. That's three bouquets, three boutonnieres, not to mention any decorations we want to use flowers for."

"But you love them."

"I know I do, but money."

"Can we at least get a price? Can we at least do that? We have a budget and we can easily rearrange some things if we have to. I just want to consider it."

I couldn't say no to him so we got it priced. He wasn't against the price and pushed it more. I gave in. He was so invested in planning and so excited.

Asking Kira and Kimmy to be bridesmaids was on of my favorite parts. We had waited a little longer to tell them because we knew they were going to ask way more questions than my parents did and we wanted to have a few answers first. I think we all knew they were going to be in the wedding, but the anticipation of who was going to take the role of maid of honor was killing all of us. Having two best friends is hard for this exact reason. I had been the maid of honor in Kimmy's wedding, which made me feel more inclined to choose her. But Kira had seen parts of my life that Kimmy hadn't. There was this unspoken bond that we had.

So I chose Kira. She screamed. Loud. But I didn't expect anything different from her. She screamed when I told her Harry had proposed. She screamed when I showed her the ring. Screaming at the big events in my life was becoming a trend. I didn't mind though. She was happy for me, and soaking up someone else's happiness wasn't something I was going to miss out on while I figured out how to get my own happiness.

Harry had taken a more relaxed route telling Niall and Dustin. We had all gone out to the bar one weekend for a family night out. He brought it up casually in their conversation and there was no screaming or crying. They were so laid back about it. Nonchalant. I understood that men aren't as emotional about weddings as women, that's fine, but there was no excitement on their faces at all. Niall had a small smile but he had a beer in his hand so who knows why he was actually smiling.

My mom had been a great help with planning. She knew Harry and I weren't agreeing and spent more time that she should have looking for venues. We both knew what we wanted in a venue, but the vibes we got from the ones we looked at didn't fit. She sent a venue at the end of November that she said had everything we both wanted. She sent a few pictures and we both said no, but she insisted that we see it in person.

We'd set up the appointment and my mom basically had to drag us there. We were so over the planning that we didn't even want to go. Harry and I had had another wedding fight the night before too, so we weren't keen on talking to each other. My mom drove us. Harry sat in the back with his arms crossed and stared out the window the entire drive. I'll admit that I was the same way.