Chapter 62

The new house was an absolute dream. We got everything unpack within our first week and, "christened" every room as we unpacked it, which really set us back. We settled in really fast and it just became normal. I accidently drove to the new house a couple days after we moved though, just out of habit. I didn't tell Harry though. He would just make fun of me, but he lived there longer than I did so I wouldn't be shocked if he did the same thing.

We had both gone back to work though, and everything was normal again. The hype from the wedding and our honeymoon had faded. It felt good to get back to normal and go back to our routines.

I started feeling really sick though. I would wake up feeling like shit but it would always go away. It came in waves. I was getting really fucking fed up with it and I didn't know what it was. I'd had my period. It was lighter and shorter, but I still had it. I'd taken my temperature and it came back normal. I wasn't feeling like I usually did when I was sick. I was stumped. I'd been complaining to Harry about it for a few days. Kira and Kimmy too. They were just as clueless as I was.

"I don't understand why you don't just go to the doctor. That seems like the best course of action."

"Because I'm not sick. You've seen me sick. I wouldn't be standing  if I was sick."

I caved after almost three weeks of feeling like shit though and bought two pregnancy tests. I threw up at work and Ryan sent me home when he found out, despite my protests. I wasn't sick and I knew it. But I had to rule it out. I had to. Harry was at work when I got home with the tests, which was what I was hoping would happen. Just like last time, I wasn't going to tell him anything unless there was something to tell him.

I took the first one and set my timer. I didn't freak out taking it this time. It felt different now that we were married and had a house. So when it came back positive, I accepted that result and waited two hours to take the second one, just to be sure. And when that one came back positive as well, I called my doctor to set up an appointment. I wouldn't freak out. I'd gotten a false positive last time and all it did was cause problems.

I hid the tests from Harry and put them in my bathroom drawer. He had not reason to go in it, so he wouldn't see it. I went to the doctor and they did the normal routine stuff. I told them I'd taken two tests, and both were positive but that I'd gotten a false positive before and needed their confirmation. I thought about bringing Kimmy with me, since she's done this, but I knew she'd get excited and I didn't want her to be disappointed if their test came back negative.

They left me alone in the exam room for fifteen minutes. Fifteen minutes was a lot longer than three minutes, and it left a lot more time for me to feel anxious. I could handle the three. The fifteen felt like years.

My doctor came back in with a paper in her hands. She looked it over and typed some things on her computer before turning to me with a smile on her face. "Congratulations, Charlie. You're about seven weeks."

"Excuse me? Did you say seven?"

"Seven."

I didn't know how I was supposed to feel, and I knew that there was a chance it would happen. We agreed. Whatever happens, happens. And it happened. I went home and changed my clothes into something more comfortable and sat down in our office. Ryan told me to take a few days off until I was feeling better, but I couldn't tell him I was pregnant. Harry didn't know.  Harry had to know before anyone else. The important thing to know though is that I wasn't scared. I wasn't scared anymore.

I still had to tell Harry. I didn't know how to tell him, he just kind of found out the first time. But there was an actual baby growing now and I couldn't exactly wait forever to tell him. We had things we had to do now.