Chapter 11

The next two months passed like a blur. We spent almost every day possible together in October. Bringing him home with me had brought us closer.

I'd shared my love of Halloween with him and even though he told me he didn't like it, he still helped me decorate my apartment. He got stuck in the cotton we'd used as fake spider webs to put on the outside of my door. It was really cute to watch him try and struggle his way out of it.

He'd passed a pumpkin patch one day too. He stopped and showed up to my house later with two medium sized pumpkins, telling me we had to carve them and put them outside. He insists he doesn't like Halloween, but insisted that we carve pumpkins. He'd even bought proper carving tools.

He sat with his back against a wall carving a simple design

He sat with his back against a wall carving a simple design. it was a face. He'd forgotten to get candles to put in them, and said he'd get them tomorrow, so he stuck a lighter on the inside so I could see it lit up. I'd done a witch.

He ran out for candles first thing the next morning and came back with more decorations that he thought I would like. I let him put them wherever he felt they would look best. He looked cute stepping up onto tables and on counters to put decorations in high places. His tongue stuck out a little bit when he concentrated.

He also had a habit of running his hands through his hair every time he put something up and it didn't look right where he'd placed it.

Kimmy and Dustin called for a double date. We'd gone to a corn maze. Harry had never been to one before and he was like a little kid in a candy store. He was so excited to find his way through. At the end, we took a hayride back to the beginning.  The farm we were at had had a playground. I pulled him to the swings. He pushed me until my head was higher than the top bar. We got apple cider and pumpkin donuts before we left. He took a lot of pictures of me too, and when I asked why, he told me Autumn suits me.

Halloween finally rolled around. Kira had told us a couple weeks before about a costume party at a bar downtown and that she was forcing us to go so we'd better find costumes. He chose his almost immediately. He'd gone as Elton John. He'd found his Dodger's uniform online and ordered it immediately. He'd chosen my costume for me. He was sold on Pat Benatar and found a replica of her tiger body suit. I hadn't told him what size I would need, but he guess correctly. It fit perfectly. He thought it would be cute it we both dressed up as music icons since music was so important to both of us.

He'd put so much effort into dressing us up for Halloween and I'll no longer believe him when he says he doesn't like it.

November passed quickly too. We spent less time together because it was my busy season at work. He was good about it though. We still spent a lot of nights together though, going back and forth to each other's places.

Spending the night at his house for the first time was weird. He'd always come to my place. But I packed a bag with clothes and my toothbrush. He had told me to make myself comfortable and whatever was in his house was also mine every time I stayed. We brushed out teeth together, which is more intimate than sex if you ask me.