Chapter 24

I could feel my head pounding even before I opened my eyes. The light was piercing through my eyelids, making me not want to open them. I could smell food though, and that was enticing enough for me.

I let my eyes open slowly, trying to adjust to the light as it hit my eyes. I rolled onto my back and looked at the ceiling. It was spinning a little bit, but not too fast. I looked at the nightstand to see water and Tylenol, along with a note.

Morning, darling,
I'm making breakfast. Take the Tylenol, drink some water, and go back to sleep. I'll come get you when food is ready.
Harry

I did as he said, stretching to get the few pills on the nightstand and the water. I sat up enough to swallow them and let my head rest on the pillow again, closed my eyes and felt myself fall back asleep.

I woke up again to the feeling of fingers moving my hair from my face and stroking my cheek. I heard him humming softly to try and lull me awake. I wanted to enjoy the soft feeling of his fingers for a few moments more so I kept my eyes closed and tried to hide the fact that I was awake.

"Charlie." His voice was quiet. "Charlie." He stretched my name out more this time. His hand dropped to my shoulder and he shook it gently. "Charlie, wake up. We've got a wedding to be in."

I groaned at his reminder and started to regret how much we had drank last night. I couldn't imagine how Kimmy was doing. Kira was in charge of making sure she was on time.

I opened one eye first, seeing Harry watching me, smiling when he saw that I was conscious. His eyes moved over my face, watching to see how miserable I would be when I sat up.

"Good, you're awake. I was beginning to think you'd died in your sleep. Glad I won't be making a 911 call today. It would really dampen the wedding mood." I opened my other eye, just to narrow them at him.

"That's what you're concerned about? Dampening the wedding mood?" My voice came out cracked and broken. My throat was dry and I could feel my lips cracking. That's just great. I rolled back toward the nightstand to grab the water, which had been refilled while I was sleeping.

"Obviously. I'd be sad if you died, but weddings are so much fun, Charlie. Would be a shame if your death ruined the party, ya know?" The sarcasm was thick in his voice. He was in an especially good mood this morning.

I drank most of the water he'd set out for me and grabbed the bottle of Tylenol he'd left. I took out three, not caring that I'd already taken a larger dose than recommended. The sooner I got rid of this headache, the sooner I could be excited about the wedding.

"Are you planning on overdosing today?" He laughed, but it immediately ceased. "Shit, I didn't mean-" His words trailed off.

"It's okay, Harry. You don't have to be sorry. It was kinda funny." I pulled myself up in the bed, keeping the covers pulled up to my chest. "Anyway, I read that you've made breakfast. Give me 10 minutes to stop feeling like I'm dying and I'll be out?"

Harry pushed off the bed and stood straight. "Actually, getting up isn't necessary." He walked out of the room only to appear a few moments later with a tray filled with food, enough for two. "I figured you'd want to stay in bed as long as physically possible." He set the tray next to me and got in bed on the other side of it. "I also wanted to be in bed a little longer. It was a late night."

I felt bad that Harry had stayed up so late taking care of me. He wasn't obligated to do anything he did for me last night, but he did it and didn't get mad at me. He didn't get mad that I'd gotten too drunk or that I got sick. He stayed with me until I was okay and then got me into bed.