Chapter 57

We walked arm in arm to the reception area and greeted all of our guests. We hugged so many people. My face hurt from smiling so much by the time we got to the last of them.

We left our guests to take even more pictures. We took more than we had before. We took bridal party pictures, family pictures, pictures of just the two of us. My favorite though, was the one we took in the gazebo our ceremony had been. The lights were still on and we stood in the middle of it. He dipped me while we kissed under the lights. That's when I felt it.

Actual happiness. It wasn't just that feeling I'd gotten a few times before. I opened my eyes and he was smiling at me. Curls were falling around his face. His hair had gotten a little longer than normal, but it suited him. I really liked it.

We finished taking pictures and waiting outside the barn. I'd neatly tucked away my veil so I wasn't dragging it around with me all night and we waited for the band to play us in  and introduce our small party before they introduced us as husband and wife. We'd signed the papers and they were ready to be brought to Secretary of State. It was official and it was forever.

Everyone was talking around us. I couldn't help but watch everyone. They were there for me. For us. I could see Harry watching me watch everyone else. Our hands were laid intertwined in my lap. I held his one in both of mine and his thumb was tracing patterns over my skin.

"Where's your head at, darling?" He pulled me from my thoughts. The expression in his eyes was different that I'd ever seen from him before.

"It's here. I'm just doing a lot of thinking, that's all."

"Can I know what brilliant thoughts are brewing?"

"I'm just thinking about all of this. Everyone is here for us. I dunno, it's weird to me, I guess. Everyone here cares about how much we love each other and I just think that's really cool. I'm thinking about your vows too. They felt very poetic." My eyes flicked back to everyone sitting where we'd seated them. Our mothers and Gemma were laughing at something they were talking about. Kimmy's mother had graciously agreed to watch Cece for the remainder of the night since she was already watching Mason and we decided on an adults only reception since it was so late.

Kimmy, Kira, Dustin, and Niall were talking amongst themselves, just being couples and being happy as they were. Our various family members were catching up, laughing, smiling together. We had done that just by loving each other.

"Can I admit something?"

"Feeling regrets already?" He rolled his eyes.

"Keep in mind how long I had that ring before I actually gave it to you. Regrets are the last thing on my mind. Really though. I feel like I have to share something with you about my vows."

"The floor is yours."

"I may have taken some it what I said from songs I've written."

"Interesting. When did you write these songs?"

"At some point in the last three years."

"Are they about me?"

"Maybe..."

"Harry, it's okay if you write about me. I write about you all the time." His eyes lit up. It was like a lightbulb went off in his brain.

"I knew that's what you've been writing during every long car ride where I'm the one driving." He went took a sip of his drink but the second he picked up his glass, everyone started to clink theirs. I had no clue what was going on, but Harry grabbed my chin and kissed me while everyone cheered for us. The cheers died down and everyone just went back to their conversations. "As I was saying, I knew I was right and that's really all that matters."