Chapter 54

Harry's praying paid off. The days passed quickly and we were going through our checklists to make sure we had everything. His mood and stress levels were constantly changing. He would be happy go lucky one day and anxious something was going to be messed up by the next morning. But we were officially 56 days into our 58 day stretch. Our wedding was in two days.

But everything was perfect. We'd sent out new save the dates, invitations not long after. My dress still fit perfectly, his suit was perfect, bridesmaid dresses were perfect. Everything was perfect. It was a refreshing change from what felt like a constant shit storm of anxiety and sadness.

Kira and Niall planned our bachelor and bachelorette parties with the agreement of no strippers for either of us, and we wouldn't do it the day before the wedding because we didn't want a repeat of what happened the morning of Kimmy's wedding. He wouldn't be there to put Tylenol and water on my nightstand or eat breakfast in bed with me.

We followed the same rules we did for Kimmy and Dustin's parties though, and we decided not to tell the others what we were doing. I liked the idea of giving small hints like we did last time. We handed full control over over to our friends and let them guide us through whatever they had planned. I overheard Kira telling Kimmy that she and Niall planned the parties together and that felt dangerous to me. As much as I loved Kira and Niall both, they were wildcards on their own. Put them together? Pure chaos could ensue.

Niall and Dustin whisked Harry away to have their mystery day shortly after we had breakfast. There was a loud bang on the door and I answered because Harry was getting dressed.

"Hey Charlie, we'd love to stay and chat but we're here on a mission. Harry ready?" Niall and Dustin pushed passed me into the house.

"He just got out of the shower. He's in our room getting dressed."

"Dude, we had perfect timing." Dustin high fived Niall and they let themselves into our bedroom where a half naked Harry was just pulling on his boxers.

"Niall, what the fuck are you doing?"

"We have clothing requirements that must be met. Couldn't let you get dressed, mate."

I sat in the kitchen sipping my coffee and listening to them bicker in our bedroom.

"What the fuck do you mean clothing requirements? I'm not even allowed to dress myself?"

"I mean, I hadn't planned on putting your clothes on for you, just picking them out. I can do that for you though if you really want." Dustin cackled at Niall's suggestion. "C'mon, Harry. It's part of our plan. You wouldn't want to fuck it up, would you?"

"I fucking hate you."

"That's fine, have your feelings. I don't think you'll be hating me by the end of the night though."

"No, I think I will. Why are you rummaging through my closet. Can't you just tell me what you want?"

"No. You don't get to know anything."

"How am I supposed to not see what I'm wearing. That makes no fucking sense."

"Get over it."

Harry came sulking out of our bedroom shirtless and rolling his eyes while Niall and Dustin rummaged through our closet. He sat down in front of me and took my coffee from my hands, drinking the remainder of it.

"Excuse you, Styles. That was my coffee."

"Not anymore. I was pretending it was vodka. I'm gonna need it if I want to survive the day with them."