🌻54🌻

It was a month later and Harry was in hospital. It was the day of his cochlear implants being fitted.

Anne was a nervous wreck, and so tired after another sleepiness night worrying about her boy.

"Mummy. Me scared." Harry whispered as he sat on her lap in his room waiting to be taken to the operating theatre.

"Don't be scared my baby. It'll be over really quick and then you'll be back home having even more cuddles." Anne said, trying to be strong. Deep down though, she was scared stiff.

"Hi there. Time for your pre meds." A nurse said as she entered the room. Harry didn't want to let go of Anne, but she managed to get him to lay down.

"He'll be going down shortly. Try not to worry." The nurse said, noticing how upset Anne was looking.

He was given his pre meds and soon fell asleep.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Anne paced Harry's room waiting for him to return from recovery. The operation  had gone well, she was told.

"Sit down love. You're worrying too much." Robin said. He had come to her after she called him in a state.

"I just wish he'd come back quickly." She replied.

The door opened and Harry was wheeled in. Anne ran straight over to him. "Is he ok?" She asked the Doctor.

"He's fine. He's doing well. He woke up a few minutes ago, but he's going to be groggy for a while though." The Doctor informed her.

"Thank you." She took Harry's hand and kissed it. He groaned quietly.

"Hey baby. How are you feeling?" She asked Harry.

He turned his head towards her. "Home now?" He whispered.

"Not yet sweetie. Soon though. Look...Robin's here too." She pointed. Robin waved.

Harry lifted a couple of fingers, too tired to move anything else.

He frowned. "Head hurts."

"The Doctor said you might have a poorly head for a bit. It won't last long." She replied as she stroked his hair.

"Sleepy."

"You sleep darling. I'll be here when you wake up."

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

The next day, after some tests, Harry was back home.

Louis was visiting.

"That looks so cool Harry.  It's like you're part robot." Louis said as he studied the implants.

"Does it hurt?"

"A bit."

"Can I call you Robot boy?"

Harry shook his head, slowly.  "No. Me Harry. Not robot."

"Aw ok. Can we play with your Barbies?"

Harry smiled and got his dolls out.

"How's he doing?" Jay asked as she drank tea with Anne.

"Not too bad. He has to have tests next week, but so far so good."

"That's great. Bet that's a relief. So....you got a date for moving to Robin's yet?"

"Yes. Decided to go after Harry's tests. Gonna start packing tomorrow actually."

"Fantastic. You need any help?"

"Are you kidding? I'd love some help. Thanks."

"You're welcome love."