🌻14🌻

Harry had his scans a couple of week ago and he and Anne were back at the hospital for the results. Anne was sitting nervously in the waiting room, her leg bouncing Harry up and down.

"Harry Styles?" Doctor Holland said, smiling at the two. Anne picked him up and carried him into the office.

"So...how have you both been?" He asked as they all took a seat.

"Not bad thank you. Just been worried about these results." Anne replied.

"Right well....I have the results.

Anne felt like her heart was about to stop. "Ok."

"Harry has a low bone density. It may mean that he could be prone to fractures. It could also lead to other illnesses in the future, but there's no need to worry about that just yet. I'll give you some books and websites to look at to limit the risks and take care of him. This is an illness that could get better with the right diet, physio and sometimes medication."

Anne wiped a tear away. Harry sat on her lap playing with a button on her cardigan, oblivious.

"Will he walk though?" She asked.

"I can't see why he shouldn't. He might not be as steady as other children. Maybe a bit slower. The physio will definitely help. I've also noticed he is pigeon toed."

"Can that be fixed?"

"If it affects his walk too much then we may have to operate to correct it, but we'd rather not do that unless necessary. "

"Ok. When can he start physio?"

"I'd like to start next week. Once a week."

"Thank you. And what about his speech?"

Doctor Holland clicked his fingers beside Harry's head to get his attention, but there was none. He just carried on playing with the button. The Doctor did it again the other side of his head with the same result.

"I'd like to book him in for a hearing test. I think he may be deaf."

Anne was sure her heart just broke. "D-Deaf?"

"Yes. Does he respond to you when you talk to him?"

"Well...yes...most of the time...I think."

"We'll do these tests. Try not to worry. I'll book you in for tomorrow."

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

"Oh Anne. I'm so sorry love.  Come and sit down.

Anne put Harry down on the floor and Louis immediately went to sit next to him. He hugged him and gave him his special Teddy to cuddle.

Anne was trying not to cry. She had called Jay as soon as she got home and explained everything.

"Is there anything I can do? Would you like me to come to the hospital with you?"

Anne smiled at her good friend. "That's very kind Jay, but I'll be ok. I just...how could i have not noticed he's deaf?"

Jay took her hand. "Don't beat yourself up Anne. When Louis was a baby, he had a curve in his spine that I didn't notice til the health visitor spotted it."

"A curve?"

"Yes. Thankfully it corrected itself without treatment, they said he might've need a brace if it didn't. "

"God. Sorry."

"He's ok now. He loves Harry so much." Jay smiled as the two woman looked down at the two little boys playing nicely.

"So...his bones are weak? Do you have to watch him closer now?"

"Yes, but it's not like he'll go far or do much anyway. God I'm so worried. How will this affect him when he's older?"

"I think you need to take one day at a time love. See what the specialists say. Don't go thinking the worst." Anne nodded.

"Let's talk about you and Louis. Is he ready to start playgroup next week?" Anne asked.

"Yeah. He's excited, though I don't think he really understands where he is going." Jay laughed.

"I'm sure he'll love it. Gives you some time to yourself too."

"God that'll be strange."

"Make the most of every minute." Anne laughed.

Louis stood up and walked to Jay, looking at her with his big beautiful blue eyes.

"Mummy."

"Yes Boo bear."

"I luff you." He said sweetly.

Anne and Jay's hearts both melted.

"I love you too darling."

"Hug?"

"Of course baby. Are you getting tired?" Louis nodded as he sat himself on Jay's lap.

Harry was sat on the floor looking at Louis curled up with Jay and pouted. He wanted cuddles too. So he crawled over to the sofa and pulled himself up onto his feet.

Anne looked at him. "Yes love. You want a cuddle too?" She said.  Though now she was wondering if Harry could even understand what she was saying to him.

Harry held his arms up and Anne carefully picked him up and put him on her lap. He too curled up into his Mum and his eyes closed.

Both boys were sound asleep.

"God these too are just so adorable. " Jay said smiling.

"Aren't they just?" Anne replied.

Awww poor Harry.

Any thoughts on the chapter are welcome.

All the love 💖💖💖

💖