🌻21🌻

Anne spent the night in Harry's room. Nurses came in a couple of times in the night to check everything was alright.

Anne had woken up at 7, her usual time and sat next to Harry. She sat and looked at him. Watched the steady rise and fall of his chest.

The Doctor came in at 8, making Anne jump.

"Sorry Anne." He whispered, as he got Harry's chart and started doing his checks. "He had a good night I see."

"Yes. He slept right through. He still looks pale don't you think?" She asked, a bit worried.

"A bit. That's to be expected, don't worry."

Harry opened his eyes slowly and saw his Mum beside him.

"Hello Harry. " she said quietly.

Despite the operations, Harry couldn't hear her properly, the pads covering his ears were blocking out most of the noise.

"We'll take these pads off soon and see how he feels. If it's too much we'll put thinner ones on until he doesn't have them. We need to introduce him to sound slowly." Anne nodded.

The Doctor left.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Harry kept pulling at his bandages, wanting them off. He was uncomfortable and itchy.

"No baby. You have to leave it alone." Anne said, moving Harry's hand away. He looked up to her with his big green eyes full of sadness.

A nurse came in to change his dressings.

"How's he doing?" She asked Anne. Her name badge said her name was Jade.

"He keeps pulling at the bandages."

"Well...let's have a look."  Jade said and started unwinding it. She carefully took off one of the pads then the other. She looked in Harry's ears with a special device with a torch on the end. She wrote in his charts. "Do you want to say something? You must whisper though." Anne nodded and made him look at her. She smiled.

"Harry love. Can you hear me?"

He smiled at her and his little hand went up to her lips. She kissed his hand.

Her smile was bigger which made Harry smile bigger too.

But then he frowned and his hands went to his ears, rubbing them. Anne quickly grabbed them. "No love you can't do that."

The nurse put special cream in his ears to help with the itching, before putting fresh pads and a bandage on. "He should be more comfortable now." Jade said.

"Thank you." Anne replied. Jade smiled and went on to her next patient.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

The next day, Jade did the same as before. Harry seemed a bit happier, though he was still on painkillers.

When the Doctor came and told Anne that he couldn't go home today, she cried. She just wanted her baby home.

Jay came to visit. Harry's eyes lit up when he saw her, but she was alone. Louis was with Niall's family.

Harry's smile turned to a frown when he didn't see his friend.

"How's he doing?" Jay asked.

"Better. Still getting irritation but he has cream for that. They won't let him come home today. I want to go Jay.  I've had enough of this place."

"I know love. It won't be much longer if he's getting better. Louis' missing him."

"Could you come over when we go home?"

"Of course."

Anne smiled. "Thank you Jay."

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Finally, Harry was discharged from the hospital and was back at home.

He was asleep on the sofa when there was a knock at the door.

"Hi love. Come in. Hi Louis." Anne said with a big smile on her tired face.

They went into the living room. "You ok Anne? How is Harry?" Jay said as she tried to stop Louis running off.

"I'm ok just exhausted. Harry's asleep, but it's ok if Lou wakes him up." She replied as Jay let go of Louis' hand. He immediately ran over to Harry. Jay had told him to whisper though.

He gently tapped Harry's arm and the sleepy boy's eyes slowly opened. As soon as he focussed on the face looking down at him, he smiled and sat up. Louis climbed up on to the sofa and cuddled his friend.

"Hello Hawwy. I miss yous." He said quietly.

Anne and Jay sat down too, smiling.

"You missed Harry lots didn't you Lou?" Jay whispered.

Louis nodded, not taking his arms from Harry.

"So...how is he?" Jay asked.

"Much better. The itching has stopped. He's going back to hospital in a few days for tests. I'm praying everything is ok. I mean...he looks at me when I talk. I played music and he smiled. I think he's gonna be ok." Anne wiped a tear from her cheek.

"Hey. Don't cry. That's great isn't it?" Jay said, patting Anne's hand.

Anne smiled. "Yes. I just need to know for sure."

Meanwhile...the two boys had fallen asleep in each others arms. Cute.

"Coffee?" Anne asked as she grinned at how adorable their boys looked.

"I'd love one. Thanks. You know...these two are gonna be friends forever. Just like us." Jay replied.

Anne nodded. "Best friends."

Hi...sorry I've not updated for a while. Been suffering with this heat. I didn't realise I started writing this 6 days ago then forgot about it oops.

Anyway...thoughts on the chapter?

I love how cute Harry and Louis are together.

Congrats to Harry on his billboard number one. Wish he'd get one here in the UK though. Love you lots Harry!

Hope you're all ok?

All the love. L.

💖💖💖