🌻19🌻

It was nearly the end of January and Harry had just been for an assessment for his hearing.

Anne was upset and seeked comfort in Jay.

The boys were playing with Louis' toys while the two women talked about the future.

"So...tell me exactly what they said." Jay asked as she patted Anne's hand.

Anne wiped her tears away. "They said he needs operations. Hearing aids wouldn't work. He's so little Jay." She sniffed as more tears fell.

"I know love, but if it means he'll be able to hear and have a better quality of life, surely it's for the best?"

Anne nodded. "I know you're right. I'm just scared. What if something goes wrong? What if...?"

"Anne...don't think of what could go wrong. Think of how happy he'll be when he can hear you."

Anne knew Jay was right. She just worried a lot about her Precious little boy. "You're right."

"Do you have a date for it yet?"

"No. They said they'll let me know soon."

"Try not to worry. I'm sure everything will be fine."

Louis was playing with Harry. "Hawwy my Teddy luffs you." Louis said as he made his Teddy kiss Harry's face, making him giggle.

"You want my Teddy?"

Harry hugged the bear and smiled at Louis.

Harry put the Teddys ear in his mouth and crawled around the room, Louis crawling after him.

They went around the sofa a couple of times before Harry got tired and Louis caught him.

"Gotch you Hawwy!" He said as he picked him up.

"Louis be careful. Put him down love, don't hurt him." Jay said.

"He not heavy Mummy." He replied, putting Harry down carefully.

"I know darling, but you have to be careful ok?"

"Sorry Mummy." Louis nodded.

Harry was lifted up onto Anne's lap. "You tired him out Lou." She smiled.

"He go sleepies now Annie?"

"I think so."

Louis kissed Harry's cheek and stroked his arm gently. "Night night Hawwy. I luff yous."

Anne and Jay smiled at each other.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

February 1st...

Anne woke up half excited and happy, half worried and sad.

Today is Harry's 2nd birthday, that's the good thing. Tomorrow is his operations, that's the bad.

She had heard him shuffling about in his bed.

"Good morning Sunflower. Happy birthday!" She picked him up and gave him a big cuddle.

He was still trying to wake up as Anne changed his nappy.

"You're such a beautiful little boy. Today is gonna be a great day." She said. Harry rubbed his eyes and smiled up at her.

They went downstairs and sat on the sofa. Anne had put his presents on the coffee table before she went to bed last night.

Harry saw them and clapped his hands. Anne set him down and he patted the boxes in front if him. Anne tore a tiny piece, letting Harry know that he could open them.

He tore at the paper, loving the feel of it in his tiny hands.

He had a present from each of his Mum's friends and a few from Anne. It didn't take too long to open them all. Now he was laying on his tummy on the floor, swimming in paper, giggling.

Anne filmed it.

After a while they had to get dressed. Anne's friends and the boys were coming over for a party.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Harry was having a great time. He had opened his presents, blown out the candles on his cake and eaten a slice, most of it ending up on his chin. He was currently doing his favourite thing, sitting in a pile of torn up wrapping paper, giggling with his friends.

"Wonder why he likes wrapping paper so much?" Anne asked Jay as she handed her some cake.

"I don't know. He seems to like it more than the presents though." Jay laughed. "Mmm this cake is delicious."

"Thank you. Took me ages to decorate it."

The friends had a great party. All the kids were running around, except Harry who crawled, hiding and laughing.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

The party was over and everyone went home, except for Jay and Louis.

The women were sat on the sofa while Louis chased Harry around the sofa again.

"How you feeling?" Jay asked.

"Honestly? Terrified."

"It'll be ok love. Try not to worry. I'll be with you."

"I can't help it. My mind just thinks bad things. That something will go wrong."

Jay pulled Anne into a hug, as Louis stopped in front of them.

"Auntie Annie....why yous cry?" He asked, looking sad. Harry crashed into Louis as he wasn't looking where he was going. "Hawwy yous Mummy cry."

"Auntie Annie is just a bit sad Lou Lou. She'll be ok soon." Jay explained.

"Hawwy..." Louis kneeled down so he was face to face with his friend. "...Yous Mummy needs cuggles." He struggled, but managed to pick Harry up under his arm pits and held him out to Anne. She took him from Louis and gave him a big cuddle, tears still falling.

"Thank you Louis." Jay whispered as she picked him up and hugged him. "You're a very special friend to Harry. You won't see him for a few days."

"Why?" Louis looked shocked.

"He needs to go to hospital. But he'll be ok and you can play with him again when he feels better. Ok?"

Louis nodded and looked at Harry who had fallen asleep on Anne's lap.

"Thank you." Anne mouthed to Jay.

She had no idea if she would actually get any sleep that night. She just hoped and prayed that Harry would get through this ok.

Got there eventually.  Took me a few days to write this. Sorry for the delay.

Harry's operation is the next chapter.  Do you think everything will be ok?

Hope to update tomorrow but don't hate me if I don't. 

Oh happy watermelon day! 🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉

All the love 💖💖💖