🌻41🌻

Karen and Geoff were worried about Liam. They had taken him to their Doctor for assessment. He then passed them onto a child behaviour specialist.

They didn't diagnose anything too serious, saying he had some anger issues. For a nearly 5 year old, that was extremely worrying for his parents.

Liam now went to see the specialist once a week.

Karen and Geoff just wanted their lovely, happy little boy back. They didn't want his friends to be scared of him every time they met.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

It was the middle of August. Liam's 5th birthday. His Mum and Dad had organised a small party in their garden.

They were both worried, as it seemed Liam's behaviour could be worse when there were more people around him.

It was 2pm and the party had started.

Karen and Geoff kept a close eye on Liam, ready to jump in if it looked like he was getting angry.

"Karen love, try to relax a bit. Liam's gonna notice if you're anxious." Jay whispered to her friend. They looked at each other and smiled.

"I'm sorry, I just...i don't want another incident. I hate that he gets so angry with the boys and i don't want them to hate him." She replied, trying not to cry.

"Hey. They'd never hate Liam. They're like brothers. They all love him." Jay took her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

Liam and the boys were sat on the grass. A game of pass the parcel was about to start.

"Right boys. Remember, when the music stops, who take off one sheet of paper ok?" Geoff asked. The boys were all excited at the thought of getting the present.

Geoff gave the parcel to Liam and pressed play on his phone. Music played through the speakers he set up and the game started. Liam passed the parcel to Zayn, who passed it to Niall, who passed it to Asa, then to Louis and the music stopped.

"Yes!" Louis yelled. He ripped off the first sheet, a small packet of haribo falling into his lap. "HARIBO!" He loved those sweets.

The music started and he passed it on to Harry. He looked at the parcel and went to rip a sheet off.

"NO! Pass it on Harry!" Liam yelled, grabbing it off of Harry. Harry was sad as he wanted to play with the paper. Louis placed the ripped paper he had just removed, onto Harry's lap and smiled.

"Thank ooo Lou Lou." He said happily as he started ripping little bits off.

The parcel went around again, landing in Niall's hands.

"I hope I get some sweeties too." He said as he frantically ripped the paper off. He squealed when the sweets landed on the grass.

It went around again. This time stopping at Zayn. He pulled the paper off. He picked up his sweets. "Thank you." He said, politely.

Another round and it landed on Asa. He pulled another sheet off, another packet of haribo landing in his lap. He smiled.

"Is it near the end?" Liam asked. "He wanted the present in the middle, not one of his friends. The parcel was now a lot smaller than when they started.

"Nearly there Liam." Geoff said as he started the music again.

This time it stopped at Harry.

Harry looked at the parcel.

"Open it!" Liam ordered.

"Don't shout at him Li." Louis said. He didn't like people upsetting Harry.

Harry picked at some paper that was on the ground that Louis had given him.

"Harry! Open it!" Liam yelled again.

"Liam. Don't shout please. Louis, maybe you can help Harry?"

Louis smiled and nodded and showed Harry that it was ok for him to rip the paper off.

They were being quite slow, making Liam more frustrated.

"Argh! Give it here!" Liam leant over and started tearing the paper off.

"No Liam! It's Harry's turn. Stop it!" Louis shouted. Poor Harry was caught in the middle.

"He's too slow. I want my go!"

"It's...not...your...turn!"

"It's my party!"

"Liam! Stop it right now. Give it back to Harry." Geoff ordered, taking the parcel from the boys while Karen took Liam away.

Geoff gave the present back to Harry. His heart was pounding and he was crying quietly.

Louis noticed and hugged him.

"It's ok Harry. Don't cry. Let me help you."

Harry wiped his tears and sniffed as Louis helped him rip off the sheet. Harry hugged the ripped paper, ignoring the haribo.

"Liam. You shouldn't have done that. It was your turn next." Karen said quietly. "I think you should say sorry to Harry."

Liam looked at Karen with tears in his eyes. He knew he had done wrong. He nodded.

They walked back to the boys. "I'm sorry Harry." He said as he sat down.

Harry smiled and leaned over to hug Liam.

He put the parcel onto Liam's lap and the music started. The next time around it stopped at Liam who tore off the paper so quick.

"Yes. I won the prize." He said. "A Teddy bear!" He held it up high and looked so happy. It was like the previous five minutes never happened.

Liam then looked at Harry and passed the Teddy to him.

"You can have it. I've got lots." Harry grinned.

"Thank ooo Li Li." He said as he hugged his friend again.

The rest of the party went smoothly. Everyone had a lot of fun and went home happy.