🌻46🌻

Anne had been on a few dates with Robin and were getting on like a house on fire.

Both had spoken to their children about each other, and had agreed that now was the time for them to meet.

Anne was sat in her kitchen, extremely nervous. She hoped that Harry would like Robin and Gemma, and prayed that they would like Harry.

"Mummy! Mummy!" Harry called from the living room. Anne rushed in.

"What's wrong love?" She asked, seeing Harry curled up in a ball, hiding his face in a cushion. He pointed to the wall.

"Big bidey!" He sobbed into the cushion.

Anne looked to where he pointed and saw a spider. Harry had a fear of the nasty creatures. She wasn't especially fond of them, but had to get over her own fear, so she could catch them.

"It's ok. Mummy will catch him and put him outside." She said calmly.

She went to the kitchen and got a glass from a cupboard, returned to the living room and placed it over the critter. It fell into the glass and Anne covered it with her shaking hand, hurrying to the door and putting it outside.

She sighed and went back to Harry.

"He's gone now. He's gone back to his family." She said. Harry pulled himself from the cushion and Anne picked him up and gave him a cuddle. He was shaking and his cheeks were red and wet with tears.

"Hey. No more tears. Robin and Gemma will be here soon. Let's go wash your face."

Harry nodded and sniffed.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Half an hour later, Anne was stood at the window.

"They're here!" She called out and Harry appeared at the doorway. Anne held his hand out and Harry walked to her and took it.

The doorbell rang and Anne opened it. "Hello Robin. And this must be Gemma? Lovely to meet you." Anne said, holding her other hand out, which Gemma shook.

"Hello Mrs Styles." She said, politely.

"Oh please call me Anne.  Come in." Harry hid behind Anne's back.

Robin kissed Anne's cheek as they walked into the living room.

She turned around and picked Harry up. "This is Harry. He's a bit shy." She said. Harry had his thumb in his mouth and tried to hide in Anne's hair.

"Hello Harry. Nice to meet you. This is my daughter Gemma. Say hi Gemma."

"Hi Harry. I like your Teddy. What's it called?"

Harry pulled his Teddy closer, but didn't speak.

"He's called Ted." Anne laughed.

"Awww. My favourite Teddy is called Olivia. She's at home though."

"That's nice, but Gemma is a lovely name." Anne said. "Would you like some squash?"

"Yes please." Gemma replied.

"You go sit down, I'll bring it through."

Robin and Gemma went and sat on the sofa, while Anne carried a very clingy Harry into the kitchen. She made a glass of squash for Gemma and a a bottle for Harry and took them into the room.

"Thank you very much." Gemma said, as Anne handed her the drink.

She sat down with Harry on her lap, and he hid himself away again.

"He's cute." Gemma said. "I always wanted a little brother."

Anne and Robin looked at each other and smiled, a bit shocked at Gemma's confession.

"That's sweet. I'm sorry he's being so shy."

"It's ok. Maybe next time he will play with me?"

Gemma was so lovely, Anne thought. Robin had brought her up so well.

"It was my birthday last week. Daddy took me to the zoo. It was fun. I like the snow leopards the best. They're beautiful. I want to have one when I'm older."

"Erm...don't think you will be getting one of those Gem." Robin laughed.

Anne looked down and noticed that Harry had fallen asleep. "Bless him." She whispered.

"Aww. He's gone to sleep." Gemma smiled. She had really taken a shine to Harry.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

An hour later...

The two adults and Gemma had been talking for a while. Robin had got up and made them all some tea, as Harry was still asleep.

"Can I come to see you again please?" Gemma asked, hopefully.

"I'd love that. It's been lovely getting to know you." Anne replied, just as Harry started to squirm in her lap.

"Oh someone's waking up. Hello sleepy head."

Harry looked up at her and smiled. He then looked at Robin and Gemma, having forgotten they were there.

Harry hid his face again, as Anne could feel heat on her lap.

"Will you excuse us a minute, I need to take him to the loo."

"Sure."

Anne went to the downstairs toilet and set Harry on the floor.

"Oh baby. You should've told Mummy you needed a wee. Don't be embarrassed. Let's get that pull up off. Do you need to do any more?"

Harry shook his head. "Sorry Mummy." He yawned.

"Robin and Gemma are lovely. You should talk to them. Gemma loves you. She says your cute and everything."

Harry smiled and blushed as Anne cleaned him up.

"Gemma?"

"Yes. Gemma. Do you want to come and say hello?" She put on a new pull up and pulled his trousers back up.

"Ok."

They went back yo the living room. "Here we go. All done."

Gemma looked at Harry and smiled and Anne set him on the floor in front of her.

"Hello Harry." Gemma said.

Harry walked to her and put his hands around her neck. "Hello." He whispered in her ear, making her giggle as it tickled.

She hugged him gently, as Robin had told her about his condition. "You're cute."

Harry let her go and stood in front of her, studying her face. "Pretty." He said.

Gemma blushed. "So are you."

Robin and Anne looked at each other in awe.

Looks like they were going to get on well together.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Awww Gemma and Harry!!! 💖💖💖

Thoughts on the chapter?

All the love. L. Xx

💖💖💖