🎂49🎂

"Can't believe my little boy is 5." Anne said to Jay.

"Time goes too quick. I wish Louis was still a baby." She replied.

Anne watched as Harry opened the presents that his friends had bought him. They were all together, as usual for their birthdays.

Harry was so happy, not only with all the lovely toys, but also all the torn wrapping paper that he still loved playing with.

The house was bustling with the sound of laughter and squeals. Robin and Gemma were there, along with all the Mums, Mark and Geoff. Bobby and Yaser were both at work.

Robin sat next to Anne. "You have wonderful friends. Do you do this for all their birthdays?"

"Yes. It's so nice that they can all celebrate together." Anne replied, taking Robin's hand.

Mark put some music on, and the boys started jumping and dancing. It was so wonderful and kind of funny to watch.

Harry toddled over to Anne. "Where Asa?" He asked, worried because his friend wasn't there yet.

"I don't know love. I'll text his Mummy and see." She got her phone out and was about to text, when there was a loud knock at the door.

"ASA!"  Harry yelled as he pulled his Mum to the door.

She opened it.

"Des?"

At the door stood Des, Harry's "Father".

"Wh-What are you...?"

"Hello there Anne. He crouched down to Harry's level. "And you must be Harry?"

Harry waved. "Hello."

Anne pushed Harry behind her. "I..I don't want you here. Please go." She whispered.

Des wasn't listening though, as he pushed his way past her and into the house.

"Get out!" She yelled.

Robin appeared in the hallway. "Anne? What's wrong? Who is this?"

Anne couldn't speak. She was shaking badly, tears in her eyes. She picked Harry up and rushed to Robin.

"Harry's Dad." She whispered, her voice not wanting to come out properly.

"I think you better leave." Robin said. His voice strong.

"I bought a present for my boy."

"He doesn't want it. Go!"

Des pushed his way past them and into the living room, coming face to face with lots of angry looking parents, and scared children.

"Ooh a party! Come on put some music on!"

He was clearly drunk or high.

"Listen pal, Anne told you to get out of her house, so I suggest you do what she says." Geoff said. "You're scaring the kids."

Des laughed. "I'm entitled to see my son. So I'm going nowhere." He sat down on the sofa. "Come and see your Dad, Harry."

Harry hid his face in Anne's neck. He was trembling and holding on to her so tight.

"If you don't leave, I'm calling the police." Robin said.

Mark was one step ahead. He had sneaked out into the kitchen and had already called them. They were on their way.

Des stood up and walked to Robin. He poked a finger into Robin's chest. "Listen here MATE! I'm his Dad. I have every right to be here. I'm assuming you're with her!" He pointed to Anne, who had moved further away. "If I were you I'd leave. She's nothing but trouble. She don't do what she's told. I told her to get rid of the baby, but no, she went and had it anyway. Then ran away from me. It's taken me 5 years to find them. And now I have, I'm not gonna give them any peace."