🌻26🌻

"Morning sleepy head." Anne said as she picked Harry up out of his bed. He had a bad night, waking up lots, crying. Anne was very tired and both had slept in until 10am.

Harry placed his head on Anne's shoulder and snivelled. He was still very hot.

"How about a nice bath then breakfast?" She took him into the bathroom and sat him on the floor while she ran a bath.

She undressed him. That's when she spotted it.

Chicken pox!

"Oh no. My poor baby boy. No wonder you're feeling yucky." She put him in the bath and washed him gently.

Once he was clean she wrapped him in a fluffy towel and laid him on her bed.

"I wonder if Lou Lou has this too? Better call his Mummy eh?" She said as she put Harry's nappy on.

He was very quiet. He fidgetted a bit on the bed, trying to rub at the blisters on his back. He let out a tiny whimper.

Anne took him downstairs and put him in his high chair then made breakfast.

Her phone rang. Jay.

"Morning love. Louis' got chicken pox was wondering if Harry had it too?" Jay said straight away in a worried tone.

"Hi. Yeah. I only just noticed when he had his bath. That would explain why they both felt poorly yesterday."

"Yes. Poor boys. Think I better check that Niall didn't get it too. I called the playgroup. Seems there's quite a few that have it. How's Harry doing?"

"Bit grumpy. Been scratching at them. I wish I had something to put on it." Anne said, annoyed with herself.

"Mark's going to the chemist to get some calamine lotion for Lou, he can get some for Harry too."

"Oh thank you. That's great. Sorry I need to go, Harry's screaming at me." Anne replied.

"Ok love. I'll send Mark around as soon as he is back. I'll give him your spare key so you don'thave to let him in."

They said their goodbyes and Anne went back to Harry.

"Hey now. Why are you making this noises?" She said as Harry lifted his arms up wanting attention.

They went into the living room and she sat on the sofa, putting Harry on her lap.

"Lots of cuddles today I think." She smiled at him. His eyes were teary and sleepy. He laid his head on her chest and went to sleep.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Meanwhile at Jay's house, Louis was feeling as bad as Harry.

"No playgroup for a while Lou." She told him as he looked at her, pouting. Even covered in chicken pox he was cute.

"B...but me wanna play wiv my friends Mummy." He grumbled.

"Baby you can't go until you're feeling better" She said. Louis frowned.

"Mummy, Can I see Hawwy?"

Jay smiled. "He's poorly too love. See how he is in a couple days." Louis frowned. He wanted to see Harry so much.

"Not today, maybe tomorrow. I'll ask Annie."

Louis smiled as he scratched his arms.

"You need to try not to scratch love. I know they're itchy but you'll get scars. Daddy is getting you some special lotion that'll make it better ok?" Louis nidded and went back to watching paw patrol.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

"Knock knock!" Mark called out as he opened the front door of Anne's house.

"In the living room!" She called back.

"Hi love. Got you that lotion. Hope it's ok, but I got Harry a cupcake. It's just chocolate, no sprinkles." He remembered that Harry hates sprinkles.

Anne smiled. "Thanks Mark. That's so kind. How much do I owe you for the lotion?"

"Nothing. Don't worry about it." He replied.

"Are you sure?"

Mark nodded. Anne always felt bad about not paying for things. But she did offer.

"I better get this to Louis. Is there anything else you need?"

"No. We're fine. Thanks again. Hope Louis gets better soon."

"Same with Harry. See you soon Anne."

Once Mark had left, Harry woke up. He had been sleeping most of the day so far.

"Got you that lotion baby. Mummy gonna put it on you now.  Ok?"

Harry rubbed his eyes and wriggled in her lap. He started crying, a very tired cry. Anne hated that he was feeling so ill.

She patted his bum. He was wet.

"Let's get you changed then we'll put the lotion on." She said gently.

He whined as she picked him up. She laid him on his changing mat on the floor. He wriggled again.

She took his shorts and nappy off.

"My poor baby boy." She whispered as she saw the blisters over his bottom and groin. She wished that Harry was potty trained so that he could not be covered up, but unfortunately he wasn't. She didn't know what to do for the best. Should she risk leaving his nappy off and him possibly weeing on her? Or put it on but he would be uncomfortable?

She cleaned him up and carefully dabbled the lotion on him, making him shiver and whimper.

"Gonna have to take a chance on you." She said as she kissed Harry's cheek, lifting him up and cuddling him.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

They were laying on the sofa. Anne was watching Coronation street while Harry slept on her lap. He still fidgetted quite a bit, and every now and then he would go to to scratch an itch.  Anne had laid him on a soft blanket in such a position that...if he started weeing she could quickly pull it up over him.

Her phone rang.

"Hi Jay. You ok?"

"Yes. Just checking up on you. You both ok?"

Anne sighed. "Yes. I hope this doesn't last long. Harry's scratching so much I don't want him scarred. How's my Lou Lou doing?"

"Not too bad. Not so grumpy today. He really wanted to go to playgroup but also wanted to see Harry, bless him. He's sad."

"Aw poor Lou. Maybe you could come over? Not tomorrow though."

"That would be good. Oh I heard it's all around the playgroup. I feel so bad that Louis gave it to Harry. " Jay said.

"You weren't to know. Least they've had it now. Oh shit!" Anne said as Harry peed. She quickly covered him to catch the rest.

"You ok?" Jay asked.

Anne laughed. "Yeah sorry. I've left Harry's nappy off and as you can guess he just peed."

Jay laughed too. "Oh dear. Be prepared for more of that when you start potty training him."

"Something to look forward to eh?" Anne giggled. "Urgh it's soaking through the blanket. I'm gonna have to go. Chat tomorrow?"

"Of course. Night night."

Anne hung up the phone.

"Right mister....let's get you cleaned up and off to bed." Anne said as Harry woke up. She didn't want to wake him too much, so cleaned him quickly, putting a nappy on and put him into bed. He was back to sleep in no time.

Told you I'm bad at ending chapters lol.

How is everyone?

All the love 💖💖💖