🌻72🌻

It's been a week since the Butterfield's were killed.

The town was in a state of shock. The driver of the other car was arrested and charged with killing them whilst being drunk.

Harry didn't understand. All the boys and their families were devastated, but Harry just didn't get that he would never see his friend again.

He was very clingy to his Mum, and even Gemma and Robin.

Whenever Louis came to visit, he wouldn't leave him alone. He would scream when Louis had to go. Where they would see each other every day before, now it was every other day, as it was too upsetting.

On top of that, he had grown very quiet and cried a lot. Why can't he see Asa?

He was due to go back to school tomorrow.

"You need to go to bed now love, or you won't be fit for school tomorrow." Anne said, trying to get Harry to let go of her arm.

He shook his head frantically, while tears fell from his puffy eyes.

She ended up having to go to bed at 7.30 just so he would go to sleep.

She sat and watched him sleep. He mumbled quite a bit and fidgetted a lot. He hadn't slept well since Asa.

She crept out of the bed and went downstairs.

"He asleep?" Robin asked from the sofa. Anne joined him.

"Eventually.  I'm so sorry Robin. I don't want him sleeping in our bed, but he just won't sleep in his own."

"It's ok love. I understand."

"I'm confused. He's 7 and a half, I thought kids at that age should understand death. Why doesn't Harry?"

"I don't know love. Maybe he should see someone?"

"I think that might help. I'll make some calls tomorrow." She replied.

They could hear crying coming from upstairs. Anne got up and went to her room.

Harry was sat up in her bed, crying his eyes out. When he saw his Mum, he held his arms out until she picked him up.

"Shhh shhh. It's ok now." She walked around the room to calm him.

It took a while until he had fallen asleep again, and she carefully placed him back in the bed. She kissed his forehead and went back to Robin.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

"Come on Harry. Eat your cereal so we can get going." Anne said as she struggled to get Harry to eat his breakfast.

"I see Asa?"

Anne dropped the spoon she was holding. "What did you say love?"

"I see Asa? Wanna see Asa at school."

Anne sat beside him, as Gemma walked into the kitchen.

"Harry, love. Asa isn't here anymore. Remember, he's in the sky playing with all the little Angels." She tried so hard not to cry. Gemma looked worried.

"But...I wanna play wiv him too. I go in sky?"

Anne held back a sob. "You can't do that Harry. You're needed here." She stroked his hand. He looked confused.

"I miss him though."

"I know. We all do. You still have your other friends to play with though."

Harry nodded, sadly and ate his cereal.

That's the most Harry had spoken for a while, even though it was disturbing, Anne was pleased to hear him talk again.

He finished his breakfast and Anne took him to brush his teeth. They all waited for Jay to pick them up.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

The kids had been dropped off at school. It was a struggle to get Harry to leave Anne's side, but with a bit of coaxing, he eventually went inside, crying a little, which upset Anne.

Anne and Jay were sitting in Jay's car.

"This is so heartbreaking. He just doesn't understand what happened. He still thinks he can play with Asa." Anne cried into the tissue Jay gave her.

"I don't know what to suggest. I'm sorry." Jay really didn't know what to suggest. They went for a coffee in the restaurant before she had to start work.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

It was afternoon break, Harry and his friends were all sat in the playground.

"Where's Asa?" Harry asked. "He poorly?"

The other boys all looked at each other.

"Um. Harry....you know he's dead right?" Zayn asked quietly.

Harry shrugged. "Huh?"

"He's not here anymore." Liam added.

"Playin' wiv Angels?" Harry asked, looking up at the sky and squinting.

Niall burst into tears, getting up and running off inside.

Louis bit his nails.

Zayn wiped tears away.

Liam frowned.

"Yes. He's in heaven with his family." Louis' spoke.

"He come back soon?" Harry said.

"No. He's not ever coming back." Liam said.

Harry frowned. "But...he never said bye bye."

The bell for end of break rang. The boys were relieved. They all went to their last lesson of the day.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Jay and Anne picked up the kids and they were all in the homes.

"How was school darling?" Anne asked Harry as he changed out of his uniform.

"Asa not there. He poorly."

Anne sighed. She helped Harry into a t shirt and joggers and pulled him into her lap.

She decided not to say any more about it tonight. She would try again tomorrow.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Awww poor Harry doesn't understand.

Thoughts on the chapter?

I've now got 7 of my finished books on ao3, despite me hating that app.

Hope you're all ok.

Any uk kids going back to school next week? Hope you all get on ok.

All the love. L. Xx

💖💖💖