🌻9🌻

It's Harry 1st birthday and preparations were being made for his party.

"You really don't need to go to so much trouble." Anne said as her friends rushed around.

"Nonsense. You know we all love a party. First birthday is a special one. Now...stop worrying and blow up some balloons please?" Jay smiled, handing Anne a bag of multicoloured balloons.

Anne smiled back and got to work.

After lunch, the party started. Harry's eyes were wide when he saw all the balloons all over the floor and stuck on the walls. He kept trying to bite them, until one burst in his mouth, making him jump and start crying.

Needless to say he didn't do it again.

The boys were all on the floor, playing with the ripped wrapping paper from Harry's presents.

Louis kept tearing bits off, the noise setting Harry into fits of giggles.

"Time for cake!" Anne announced. She put the square paw patrol cake on the kitchen table as the other women bought the boys in. All the Dads were there too, except for Harry's, of course.

Anne felt sad at that fact. That Harry's Dad was a piece of shit. She wished he had a loving father who loved him and took care of him. Maybe one day she would meet someone nice.

Harry sat in the high chair, the other boys sat on their Mum's laps around the table. Anne stood behind Harry and lit the candle.

Harry's eye lit up.

"Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Harry
Happy birthday to you." They all sang and cheered.

Anne helped Harry blow out his candle and she removed it from the cake.

Harry decided it would be fun to smack his hands down into the cake.

"Oh no Harry.  Don't do that love!" Anne said, frantically looking around for some tissues.

The boys giggled and the adults laughed and took photos. It was funny to watch, especially when Harry grabbed some cake and shoved it into his mouth.

"Oh bless him. He really loves that cake!" Jay said.

"Just as well we got some cupcakes too." Maura added.

Harry now had his face in the cake.

"Harry. Come on that's enough now. We don't want you being sick." Anne said as she pulled him off the cake. He started crying trying to grab the cake back.

"No. Sorry. That's enough."

Anne put the cake on the counter and got a wet cloth to clean the crying boys hands and face.

Other food was put on the table and everyone tucked in.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

The food had been eaten and everything cleaned up.

The others had all left.

"Ha..." Louis said. He was sat next to Harry on the sofa. Harry looked at Louis and giggled as Louis handed him his Teddy. He hugged it.

Harry closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep, curled up against Louis.

"Thanks for this Jay, Mark." Anne said, feeling exhausted. "I love you both so much."

"You're welcome darling." Jay replied hugging her best friend.

"Look at that." Mark said nodding towards the two boys on the sofa. "Isn't that adorable?"

Anne and Jay both looked over. "Aww that's so cute." Louis had also fallen asleep. The two were cuddled up with the Teddy between them.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

The next morning was bright and sunny. Anne woke up feeling good. She had a nice home, even though it's not hers, a gorgeous son, amazing friends.

She got Harry out of bed and hugged him. "Good morning Sunflower. How's my boy today?"

Harry smiled up at her and yawned.

"Hmmm...think you need your bum changed, you stinky little thing." She took him to the bathroom and changed him and got him dressed.

They went downstairs, finding the Tomlinsons in the kitchen.

"Morning." Anne said.

"Morning Anne. Oh there's a letter for you on the table." Jay replied.

Anne put Harry in the empty high chair that Louis had just vacated.

She picked up the letter and opened it.

"Oh my god." Anne said.

"What? Is everything ok?" Jay asked.

Anne smiled. "They've offered me a house. Just up the road."

"Really? That's fantastic!" Jay said. "Can I see?"

She handed Jay the letter and she read it carefully.

"This is great Anne.  It says you can move in next week, if you want it."

"I need to phone them." Anne said taking the letter back. "Can you watch Harry a minute please?"

"Of course. I'll give him his breakfast."

Anne went back to her bedroom and made a phone call.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

"So I'm gonna go look at the house tomorrow and if all is good, we can move in next week. I can get housing benefit so that's good, but I still need to get some money. I've had a few ideas on what I can do." Anne announced.

"Well...you know we're always here if you need any help." Jay replied, smiling.

"Thank you. God I'm so excited." She laughed.

Things look like they're getting better for Anne and Harry.

Any thoughts welcomed.

Oh my god....Harry is reading a book on the calm app. I already had it and I'm so excited.

All the love 💖💖💖