🎄48🎄

"Harry. Harry." Gemma whispered, poking Harry's side. "Wake up."

Harry groaned. "What?"

"Wake up. We gonna see Santa." Harry opened his eyes and saw Gemma grinning down at him. "Get up."

Harry sat up, rubbing his eyes. It was still dark outside, and eerily silent.

Gemma pulled the blankets off her blow up bed, and lifted Harry up out of his cot, setting him on the floor, as he was too heavy for her to carry. She took his hand and lead him out of his bedroom.

"Where we going?" Harry asked.

"Shhh." Gemma put her finger to her mouth. "You have to be quiet Harry, or you'll scare him away."

Harry nodded, and they walked on tiptoes downstairs.

They stopped behind the sofa, and Gemma put the blankets on the floor. It was cold, as the heating was off. Harry shivered.

"Sit down there." Gemma instructed, and Harry did what she said.

She sat next to him and wrapped them both in her blankets.

"We're gonna see Santa come down the chimney with our presents." She told him.

Harry's eyes went wide. "See Santa?"

Gemma nodded. "Yes. Isn't that amazing? You have to be quiet though."

Harry said no more, and they sat, cuddled together, waiting.

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

"Happy Christmas Anne." Robin said, as Anne woke up. She smiled.

"Happy Christmas." She replied, they leant in and shared a kiss. "Suppose we better get up."

She looked at her clock. It was 7.30. "Surprised they haven't woken up yet."

"Gemma's usually up by now on Christmas day." Robin said as he got out of bed.

"I'll go check on them." Anne said, putting her dressing gown on. She walked to Harry's room, finding the door wide open. She went inside and found both beds empty.

Robin appeared in the doorway.

"They must be up already. Hope they haven't opened their presents." Anne laughed. They went downstairs.

"Oh my!" Anne gasped. Robin stood behind her, smiling.

On the floor behind the sofa, Gemma and Harry were cuddled up under blankets, fast asleep.

"Isn't that the sweetest thing you've ever seen?" Anne asked as Robin hugged her.

"They must be cold. I'll put the fire on." Robin said.

Anne bent down and stroked Harry's cheek. He woke up.

"Mummy."

"Happy Christmas darling." Harry grinned, then yawned. He sat up, which woke Gemma up.

"Happy Christmas Gemma."

"It's Christmas! It's Christmas!" She yelled. How can anyone have so much energy first thing in the morning?

"Yes it is." Anne laughed.

"Happy Christmas you two." Robin said as he came back from switching the fire on. "Why were you sleeping down there?"

Harry looked at Gemma. "Santa?" He looked sad as they hadn't seen him.

"Oh no. We fell asleep and missed him." Gemma said, disappointed. "Did he come?"