🌻59🌻

Jay had called Robin at work and he was soon at the hospital.

"Anne? What happened?" He asked as she entered Harry's room. He went straight to her and embraced her shaking body as she cried.

"Some boys pushed him off a bench. Why would they do that?" She sobbed into his chest as he rubbed her back.

The door opened and the Doctor came inside, closing the door quietly.

"Mrs Styles."

"It's Miss. This is my partner, Robin." They shook hands.

"Hello. Please take a seat." He motioned to the chairs. They sat down and he took out his tablet.

Robin grabbed Anne's hand and held it tight.

"So...I have the results from Harry's scans. I'm afraid he has a linear fracture in his skull."

"F-Fracture. Oh my God that's bad isn't it?" Anne panicked.

"The fracture is quite large, but it hasn't broken the actual skull so it should heal fairly quickly. He has got concussion though. He was fortunate it wasn't more serious. Also he has a fracture in his shoulder, that too should heal quickly. We want to keep him here for at least 24 hours just to make sure he's ok. He'll need to rest for a couple of weeks."

Robin hugged Anne as she stopped crying. "There's...there's no brain damage?"

"No. The scans didn't show any damage. He might suffer from headaches, nausea or feeling low, I'll give you a prescription to help with that. Any more questions?"

"I...I can't think right now. But, can we stay with him?"

"Of course. The nurses here will be in and out, but if you need them urgently, press that button." He pointed to a button on the wall.

"Thank you Doctor." Robin said as the Doctor left the room.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Jay was sitting on her sofa, Louis snuggled up on one side and Gemma on the other. Both kids were crying. Jay had collected Gemma from school, after Robin called her before he left work.

"Why did they do it Jay?" Gemma asked, sniffing.

"I really don't know Gem. It might've been an accident."

"It wasn't. They pushed him. It was horrible. They're horrible. I hate them. They hurt my Harry." Louis sobbed and climbed into Jay's lap.

The three sat in silence for a while.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Back at the hospital, Harry had been asleep for a while.

"Mummy." Harry whispered. His eyes fluttering but not opening fully.

Anne leant over and stroked his cheeks. "I'm here baby."

Tears fell from his eyes as he opened them slowly. "Hurt."

"I know my love. You had an accident. You hurt your head and shoulder. You're in hospital."

He looked at his Mum and saw her smiling down at him, though it was forced, deep down she was scared, sad and angry.

"Cuggle?" He tried to lift his arms up but pain shot through his shoulder. "Owie." He cried.

"Don't move darling. You stay still, Mummy will cuddle you. Ok?"

"Uh huh."

Anne bent down and hugged Harry as best she could without hurting him even more.

"Robin's here too. See." She said as she got up and moved over slightly. Robin stood up and walked to Harry's side.

"Hey there." He smiled and waved.

"Gem Gem?" Harry whispered, not having enough energy to talk louder.

"Auntie Jay is looking after her." Anne replied.

"Ooo ooo."

"Yes, with Louis too. He can come visit you when you go home."

"Home now?"

"Not yet baby. The Doctor's need to make sure you're well enough before you can go home. It won't be too long though." Anne said. She noticed Harry's eyes kept closing. "You get some rest. You need to sleep to make you better."

It didn't take long before Harry had fallen asleep.

"Shall I go get us some coffee? I can phone Jay to let her know what's happening too?" Robin asked after a while.

"Would you mind. I'm not sure I could tell her without breaking down." Anne replied, her voice breaking.

"Of course. I'll be right back." He hugged her and left.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

"So when can he come home?" Gemma asked, after Jay had ended the call with Robin.

"Not yet sweetheart. He's a bit poorly, maybe in a couple of days."

"Is my Daddy coming home soon though?"

"He asked if you could sleep here tonight, if that's ok with you?"

Gemma nodded. "That's ok. I can look after Louis then."

She is such a caring girl.

"Good girl." Jay smiled, as Louis came back from the toilet. He hadn't said much since he got home from school, obviously in shock.

"You ok Lou? Come give me a hug. Gem is gonna sleep here tonight. Is that ok with you?"

Louis nodded and settled back down next to his Mum.

"Are you alright honey?" Jay was worried at how quiet Louis was, he was never this quiet.

"I...I thought he..." he sniffed.

"Thought what?"

Louis looked up at his Mum. His eyes were red and wet, as tears started falling again.

"I though he was dead." He said as he buried his head into Jay's chest.

"Oh my love. He's not dead. He's gonna be ok. Please don't cry." Jay said rubbing Louis' back up and down as he shook in her arms. Gemma was crying too.

"Come here." She opened her other arm up and Gemma curled up to them both. The three of them cried for a while, until exhaustion took over the kids and the both fell asleep cuddled up together. Jay moved herself carefully and went to the bathroom, where she stood contemplating what might've been.

She thought about how bad Anne and Robin must be feeling and poor little Harry laying helpless in the hospital bed.

Hello...

Thoughts on the chapter?

Will Harry recover ok after this?

What will happen to the boys who hurt him?

Hope you're all ok. All the love. L. Xx

💖💖💖