🌻8🌻

January 1st...

"Happy new year!" Everyone cheered as Big Ben rang out at midnight.

"Here's to a better year for you." Jay said as she hugged Anne.

"I hope so. Thank you." Anne smiled as she sipped her glass of wine.

An hour later and everyone was asleep.

All except Anne. She sat on her bed, not being able to sleep.

Harry had finished his course of antibiotics and was better now. That didn't stop Anne from worrying about him though. He was laying on her lap, thumb in his mouth.

He had become quite clingy since his stay in hospital.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

"Morning Anne. Sleep well?" Jay asked, as she walked in the kitchen with Harry. She put him in the high chair he shared with Louis.

"Yes. Not bad thanks." She lied. She poured herself a cup of coffee and made Harry's breakfast. "Where's the boys?"

"They've gone to the shop. Ran out of Louis' cereal. They'll be back soon."

Anne fed Harry while they gossiped.

"We're back!" Mark called out as he pushed Louis' pushchair in the front door. He took him out and they went into the kitchen.

Louis immediately made grabby hands for Harry.  "He's nearly finished love.  You can play soon. Breakfast first though." Jay said, smiling.

Harry finished and they swapped seats.

"So...all ready for the girls and boys coming round later?" Anne asked as she wiped Harry's face.

"Yes. Looking forward to it. You sure Harry's ok to have rowdy boys all over him?" Jay laughed.

"He's fine. Think he's missed his friends, haven't you darling?"

Harry cuddled up to his Mum.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

The boys were all sat on the sofa. Harry on Louis' lap, Niall on Zayn's lap and Liam in the middle.

"Sit still boys." Jay said as they all tried to take photos.

"It's impossible." Maura laughed.  "Niall...behave."

Eventually, they managed to take photos, before Niall started crying after getting poked in the eye by Zayn.

They were all put on the carpet to play, while the Mum's chatted.

Louis was trying to build a tower, each time getting as high as 3 blocks, before it either fell down or was pushed over, causing him to cry or get angry.

"No!" He shouted at Harry, as he took a block away, he knew no better. Harry cried.

"Louis! Don't shout at Harry please. He didn't mean to." Jay said.

Louis looked at Harry and frowned. He crawled to him and kissed his cheek.

Harry rubbed his eyes but didn't stop crying.

Louis looked up at his Mum, not knowing what to do. So he put his arms around his friend and squeezed.

"Aww bless him. He's trying to say sorry." Anne said, watching as Harry stopped crying.

"Good boy Louis." Jay said. He smiled and eventually so did Harry.

"So...I thought.." Jay said. "As Harry missed Christmas, that for his birthday, we would give him a big party."

"You don't need to do that. Just a get together is fine." Anne replied.

"No way. He deserves it. We'll take care of the arrangements." Karen added.

Anne blushed. "Thank you girls. That's so kind.

Harry screamed as Liam threw a block at him, hitting his forehead.

"Liam Payne! That's naughty." Karen said, picking the boy up off the floor. "I'm so sorry Anne."

"Anne picked Harry up, who was still screaming. Louis looked sadly up at him. Anne rubbed over the bump that had already formed.  "It's ok." She said to a worried looking Karen.

"I'm gonna take Liam home now." Karen stroked Harry's tear stained cheek. "Hope he's ok." She said to Anne before collecting her things. They all said goodbye.

Anne took Harry off to change his nappy.

Louis crawled over to Jay, holding his arms up, wanting a cuddle. He was still sad.

"Ha." He said. Ha was his name for Harry.

"Harry's ok love. Don't worry, it's just a little bump." She reassured him, before he layed his head on her chest and closed his eyes.

"Think they're all getting tired now." Tricia said, as Zayn climbed up onto her lap. "Think we should go too."

"And us." Maura added.

They all got their things together and waited for Anne and Harry to come back before saying goodbye.

"Is he ok?" Jay asked Anne.  Harry was asleep in her arms. The bump was fairly big and red with a tiny cut.

"I think so. Cried himself to sleep." She sighed. "I know Liam didn't mean it though. He's a good boy. I'll  text Karen in a bit and tell her it's ok. I'm gonna put him down to sleep now."

"Yeah. I'll do the same for this one." She nodded towards Louis who was dribbling down her t shirt.

The boys were both asleep, giving the two women time to start preparing dinner while chatting about the kids. Anne had messaged Karen.

"What a start to the new year eh?" Jay said.

"Better than this time last year though." Anne replied.

Honestly...I know it's a slow start but as the boys get older I hope it'll get better. Just need some ideas.

Hope you're all liking it so far?

All the love 💖💖💖