🌻45🌻

"What's this?" Anne asked as Jay handed her a piece of paper.

They were sat in a cafe in town, while the boys were in school.

"Look at it." Her friend instructed her, a grin plastered on her face.

Anne unfolded the paper and read.

Hi. Hope I'm not being too forward, but wondered if you'd like to go for a drink sometime?
Text or call me please. Robin 07********8

Anne put the paper on the table and glared at Jay.

"How did you get this?" She asked, her cheeks flushed.

"Well...he gave it to the girls after we left the restaurant. He asked what your name was and if you were taken. He obviously took a shine to you." Jay smiled. "Would you meet him?"

"I...I don't know." She tapped the side of her cup. "I haven't been out with a man since..." she went silent. Thoughts of Harry's Dad filled her mind. Not good thoughts.

"Anne...Robin seems nice. Maura and Karen have been going to that restaurant for years. They say he's very nice."

"Harry's Dad was nice...at first." She whispered, frowning.

"Not all men are the same love. How about a double date first. Me and Mark could come along if that makes you happier?"

"I don't know. I need to think about it."

"Ok. I won't push you any further." Jay said.

Anne smiled and they finished their drinks while chatting about the kids.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

"No." Harry said. It was lunchtime at school and he didn't like the look of the food on the plate in front of him.

"Harry you have to eat your lunch." Louis said as he picked Harry's fork up and tried to put some food in his friends mouth. Harry shook his head and looked the other way.

"It's nice. It's spaghetti bolognese." Niall said. "Look." He sucked up a long strand of spaghetti, smacking his lips, bolognese sauce all around his mouth. "Mmm yummy."

Louis giggled. "See it's fun to eat too." Louis did the same as Niall did.

Harry looked at his friends and their dirty faces, then looked at his food.

He struggled with picking up the spaghetti with his fork so end up using his fingers.

He sucked up a bit and ended up with sauce dripping down his chin.

Niall and Louis giggled, as Harry wiped his chin on the sleeve of his jumper.

He ended up eating the whole plate full.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Two days later...

Anne's heart was all of a flutter. Her phone was hot in her hand, as she had been holding it for an hour, pondering whether to call Robin or not.

"Oh sod it. Just do it you stupid woman." She told herself.

She typed in the number and her finger hovered over the call button. But she chickened out and ended up texting instead.

Hi Robin. It's Anne. I'd love to meet for a drink. But do you mind a double date? Let me know. Hope to hear from you soon. Anne.

The text was sent. Now she had to wait for a response.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Saturday night...

"Thanks for coming over." Anne said to Maura, who had bought Niall with her to babysit Harry and Louis. The plan was for the boys to sleep over tonight. Niall had never stayed before.