🌻32🌻

July...

Harry is nearly 3 and a half now, but physically he is still around 18 months old. Yes, he can walk, but is very unsteady, and most of the time needs help. He's still on a high calcium diet to help his bones grow stronger.

He still doesn't talk much, preferring to use sign language, but still goes to speech therapy as he needs to learn. His hearing hasn't improved, being partially deaf in one ear, affecting his balance, which is another reason for his unsteadiness on his feet.

But...he's a very happy little boy, loves his Mummy and his friends so much. The terrible two's haven't happened to him. Yet.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

"Oh no Harry." Jay said as she and Louis entered Anne's house one Saturday morning at the end of the month.

It had been a wonderful summer so far. The weather was beautiful and the friends had spent many days together.

"Yep...another plaster cast for Louis to draw on." Anne said as they went into the living room.

"Aww Hawwy urt again Mummy?" Louis said as he jumped on the sofa next to his friend. He hugged him, careful not to hurt him more.

"Yes love, be careful ok?" Jay replied, taking a seat on one of the chairs.

Yesterday, Harry had been climbing up onto a chair in the kitchen, when he slipped, fell backwards and landed on his wrist. He screamed, causing Anne to jump. She had been standing at the sink, washing up when it happened. She thought Harry was still on the sofa watching TV.

So they had spent three hours at A&E, the Doctors diagnosing a small fracture. This time Harry got to choose which colour cast cover he wanted. He chose pink.

Harry was cuddling his Teddy, but put it to one side, so he could hug Louis better. They sat close together and watched paw patrol.

"Is he ok?" Jay asked.

"Yes. Was a bit shaken up of course, but he's ok now, bit more cuddlier than usual."

"Bless him. Poor love. Didn't think he could get any more cuddly." She laughed. Anne smiled.

"I'm worried that this is gonna happen so much. That he'll be in and out of hospital all his life." She frowned.

"Anne...you can't think too much into the future. Just take things day by day. We'll always be here for you if you need us. Don't forget that."

"Thank you Jay. I'm So happy we became friends. How about a cuppa?"

"Sounds wonderful."

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

August....

Heatwave!!!

That means a trip to the beach.

"Come here you monkey...you need sun block on." Jay said as Louis tried running off.

She caught him and picked him up, making him giggle.

"Look...the other boys are getting their cream on, so you do too." She put him down and this time he stayed still.

They had windbreakers up, plus deckchairs, and towels on the sand. They got quite a big area, but then...there was ten of them.

The boys were all sat on the sand with their buckets and spades, digging the golden substance, and putting it in the buckets, tipping them up and patting them til the sand popped out.

"Wow...this is gonna be da best castle ever." Zayn said, excitedly.

"Yeah...we is gonna use up all the sand on the beach!" Louis said.

Jay laughed. "My God Lou...that would be some sandcastle."

He grinned back at her.

Meanwhile Liam decided to put his bucket of sand on Niall's feet.

"That tickles." Niall said, as his feet disappeared.

Liam filled his bucket again. It too was emptied on Niall's feet.

"That's heavy Li. No more please." Niall asked.

Liam ignored him and laughed as he filled the bucket up again.

"NO LI! I SAID STOP IT!!" Niall yelled as another bucket was tipped on him, this time on his back.

"Liam! Will you stop being naughty and just make castles please!" Karen warned.

Liam stopped doing what he was doing and threw the bucket, hitting Harry in his face.

Harry let out an almighty scream.

"Oh my God. I'm so sorry Anne." Karen said as she scooped Liam up and took him away from the scene, telling him off.

Anne picked Harry up. He already had a massive bruise on his forehead and the skin was broken slightly. "Oh baby. It's ok. Mummy's here. You're alright." She tried to comfort him, but he was getting in a right state. Anne was panicking too.

"Anne love. You need to calm down or Harry won't either. Take deep breaths." Maura said, as she rubbed her back.

Harry was still crying, which made Anne cry too. She hated seeing her baby so distressed.

"Does...does he need....oh God...hospital?" She stuttered, as she tried to catch her breath.

Jay gave Harry a quick check over. "I don't think so love. Just a bump, bruise and a small cut."

Anne nodded and hugged Harry tighter. Harry sucked on his sand covered thumb. Spitting when he realised.

Karen walked back over with a very sad looking Liam. "What do you say?"

"I...I am sorry Harry." He sniffed, as he had been crying too at getting told off.

"Harry looked at him, then turned away.

"Thank you Liam. He'll be ok soon." Anne said. She wasn't happy that he did what he did, but at least he apologised.

"Ewww Zaynie nooooo!" Louis said. "Mummy...Zaynie is weeing in da sand. Yucky!"

The women all laughed. "It's fine. We'll just make sure we cover it up well." Tricia said, slightly embarrassed.

"Sorry...but I...I was bursting." Zayn explained as he giggled.

Niall laughed at him. "I need to poo, Mummy. Can I do it in the sand too?"

Maura gasped. "No Niall! Don't you dare. Come on, I'll take you to the toilets." She shook her head, as the two of them walked off.

Harry was asleep on Anne's lap after finally calming down.

Louis stood beside them. "Is Hawwy alright now Auntie Annie?" He asked quietly, looking at Harry's poorly head.

"Yes love. He's ok now. Might have a little headache later though." She replied, smiling at how sweet Louis was to ask her.

An hour later the sandcastle was finished. My word what a wonderful creation it was. Imagine the biggest castle ever...a massive moat around it, a bit wet as the water in it kept soaking into the sand, but you get the idea. There were pebbles all over it and even some flags.

The boys all sat behind it as the Mum's all took photos, so proud of their boys.

It was soon time to pack up and go home. Of course the boys wanted to stay all night. Louis even suggested they were Kings, Queens and Princes, so they could sleep in the castle.

But no.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻