"This Ain't It."

*Whistle Noises*

"Candy! Where are you?" your boyfriend shouted throughout the whole house, looking for his Maltese.

"Can- AIGOO!" he cooed, disrupting your concentration on your work.

"Aigoo! my puppy is so cute!" he cooed again, lunging softly down the dog bed placed in the middle of the living room.

"Please play with Candy in our room. I'm trying to work here." you complained, but he completely ignored you, immersed in playing with the small pup.

"Tao, please." you tried again, and his head shot up to match your stare. He gave a quick nod, carrying the puppy with a lot of care.

"Alright. When are you going to be done? I need you to buy more dog food." he asked, and you simply sighed.

"Why not do it yourself?" you snarked, clearly annoyed.

"No, I can't leave her behind. Otherwise she'll cry and trash the place. And if I leave her behind with yoo, you would just ignore her anyway." Tao said in a monotone, getting up from the floor, and left you in the living. Suddenly, he shouted for you to buy the dog food.

"That bloody dog." you complained again, and slammed your pen down the table and got your keys to go to the grocery store.

~~~~~~~~~~

You drove to the grocery store, moaping that a puppy had won the affection of your boyfriend. You dragged your feet as you arrived, taking a small cart on the way to the entrance.

You felt the cold aircon as you walked deeper in the grocery. You picked up some meat, to make Tao's favourite dinner. You also picked up some vegetables, and of course the dog food. Also, picking up some essentials for the toilet, breakfast food and some chocolate for snacks. You finished shopping for things needed, and payed for the items. Suddenly, a tall guy stood next to you, helping you pack the things you had bought

It was your ex.

"Hey Xiao." He greeted, smiling at your presence.

"Kris... Hey." you replied akwardly, and he simply smiled.

"So? Doin' the groceries for Tao again?" he asked, and you nodded. It was like protocol for you to do the grocery, whilst Tao lounged around the house, like a senorita.

"Yeah, as always."

"He's a lazy mug, isn't he?" he joked, but you agreed completely.

"And, his affections are targeted to a miniscule animal. Seriously. Every single drop of attention, all on that pup!" you moped again, ruffling your hair in a mess. He sensed every bit of jealousy oozing out of you.

"hey!" you laughed, and he smiled again.

"Well, I better get going. Someone's waiting for me. Don't worry about him." he asked, placing your groceries on the cart.

"Of course." you agreed and said goodbye, and went the opposite direction, heading to your car.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Tao! I'm back." you shouted, and was greeted by complete silence. Sighing in irritation, you carried the heavy bags from downstairs, stumbling almost every time you climbed up the steep stairs.

"Tao! Can you help me please?" you shouted again, only to be ignore again. You heaved a massive sigh, now complete angry with your boyfriend for always acting like a Prince. You managed to carry the bags to the kitchen, and with heavy and angry steps, you stomped towards your room, fuming with anger.

"Tao. This is the last timee I'm going to run around like a maid for you! You're prioritising that dog of yours, and me? I'm a servant. Every ounce of attention that you have goes to the dog, and I don't even get a kiss from you anymore." you ranted, and Tao's eyes widened, surprised at your anger.

"That's it. I'm done here. Make your own dinner tonight." you said through gritted teeth, with dry anger.

"Wait, babe!" he said, pouncing off the bed and caught your arm with his strong hands.

"I'm not having it Tao. You have been so upsetting lately." you snarked, and pulled your arm off his hold, and walked away from the room.

"No wait. I have something to say!"

"What?!"

"I-" he paused and cleared his throat.

"I'm really sorry... The reason is because.. I've been meaning to." he paused again, clearly a nervous wreck.

"Come here.." he came up to you, holding your hand.

"I need you to look at Candy's collar. Please?" he asked, and you shaked your head, getting more and more irritated.

"I swear Tao. If this is a joke I'm going to leave."

"Don't! Please, just trust me! I'm not joking." he said, and you finally agreed. You came up to Candy, sitting peacefully on the double bed in your room. You sat down next to her, and she stood up, and walked over to where you sat and placed her head on your knee. You stroked her carefully, and did what Tao had asked for you to do.

You felt Candy's collar. It was a pastel pink collar that matched her cuteness. You touched it, swiping thhe fur that surrounded the pink collar. You felt a cold metal hanging on the side, just behind her ear. You pulled it to make it visible, and saw what seemed to be a ring.

"Tao..? What's going on?" you asked, and he grinned what seemed to be the biggest and happiest smiled ever.

"Xiaoqian... I would like you to listen to me. The past few weeks, I realised how much I wanted to have you in my life. To be together with you forever. You have been my Best friend, you acted like my Mom, like a sister. Even a brother. But now... I want you to actually be someone else for me. I want you to be mine... Xiaoqian.." he paused, and took the collar off of Candy's neck, taking the gorgeous ring he had placed on the collar.

"Will you marry me?" he asked in a serious and nervous voice. His hands were shaking, and his eyes were as wide as Candy's eyes, as if he was pleading for your yes. Without even thinking about it, you said yes. He was someone you had also wanted to be with. Even if he lacked some aspects of being a boyfriend, you still loved him. And you wanted to be with him.

"Yes! Yes!" You squealed, placing your hand on your mouth as he placed the ring your left ring finger. You kissed him, and hugged him tightly, happy for what had just happened.

"Tao... I'm sorry.. for earlier." you said, and he simply laughed it off.

"Yeah. I'm sorry too.. But babe, I cant believe you got jealous of our little puppy!" He mocked and you punched him playfully.

Again, he gave you another kiss that was different. It was sweet and simple, but capable of sending shivers down your spine.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Heya! I'm sorry for latee updates again. My exams are nearing and I am so stressed. Also, along with my other classmates, I am organising a live show that needs to happen so greatly!

I'm so sorry for the delays guys. I hope you're still with me.

Also, im so sorry if the story is such a mess, and it's so bad. :(

Well anyways... Thank you again guys for reading my imagines. I love you so much. I would also like to ask for a favour... Please Please Please when requesting for imagines do send me a message instead of commenting. I sometimes cannot see the comments, and then that would cause me to write it up late.

Again, thanks so much!

"Keep Calm and Read On!" - Bee xoxoxox