"Are You Gonna Be My Girl?"

FT. Lay

-.-.-.-

*So one two three, take my hand and come with me because you look so fine and I really wanna make you mine!*

A voice sang inside the music rooms. You peeked your head inside and saw a boy playing an acoustic Gallagher. It was Lay, the boy you had a crush on ever since he transferred. As he noticed you, he ushered you inside, making you sit in front of him.

"You play a gallagher?!" you inquired, admiring the guitar on his lap.

"You know guitars?" he asked and you nodded. "Anyway, did you like the song? It's for a special someone. and are you going to prom?"

"Yeah, it's by jet isn't it?" you asked, obviously knowing the song. "Yeah, i'm being forced by Jen to go to prom.."

"Can you ask Jen to become my date for prom?" Lay pleaded leaving you shocked and jealous filled.

"Oh.. uh yeah. Sure. I'll see what I can do." you replied weakly and left the music room.

"I'm so sorry, ______. But this is just a plan." Lay said to himself.

~~~~~~

The next day, you quickly changed into uniform, taking a piece of toast your Mom made, grabbing your guitar and school bag as you left for school. 

"______!" a high pitched voice resounded from behind you.

"Jen. Hi." you spoke, a fake smile forming on your lips as you saw your bestfriend.

"Someone's a bit down. What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Lay asked me to tell you to be his prom date." you announced.

"OH. MY. GOD. I TOTALLY WOULD." she shrieked and hugged you.

Her reaction made your mood drop. Of course she would accept Lay's proposal. You looked at her and smiled with sadness. Arriving in school, you saw Lay by the gates, waiting for someone. He noticed you and came closer.

"______! Did you tell her?" he asked.

"Here. Your dreamgirl." you said harshly as you pushed Lay towards her, making them collide. "I'll see you both in class." you finished, rushing towards your classroom.

"Lay. She definitely likes you. Can't you just confess? I hate seeing her sad." Jen whispered to Lay as you were gone from sight. "I can't pretend liking you. I already have a date!"

"Yeah, but we dont know that yet, do we Jen? Just do it for me. I got Tao to go with you anyway!" Lay blurted, leaving her speechless.

"Well, you better confess soon or someone might take her away." Jen warned.

~~~~~~

PROM. The word itself was disheartening. You layed in bed as you didn't want to even get ready. Hearing your phone ring annoyingly, you picked it up and the only thing you heard was your bestfriends inaudible shouting.

"Come on, _______! Let's get ready together! You have to look absolutely stunning today!" Jen yelled through the phone.

"I don't have a dress." you informed her.

"But I do, NOW COME QUICK!" she commanded in impatience.

You grunted and hang up as you ran towards her house which was literally in front of yours. You knocked on her door, revealing your pretty friend with a full face of make-up and her beautiful dress flowing down to the floor.