"Birthday Gift."

FT. Baekhyun

-.-.-.-.-

FLASHBACK:

"Jagi, you have paint in your hair." Baekhyun said as he tried taking it off on his own.

"It's okay oppa, it happens." you replied back with a smile.

"Can you paint me too? You always paint landscapes, or things that don't move." Baekhyun asked desperately, trying to make you give in.

"Soon, okay?" you reassured.

~~~~~~~

Pointing the camera towards Baekhyun, you called out for him to look. He flashed you his best grin as he saw the camera. As you captured his face, it made you smile at his perfect feature.

"What was that for? You rarely take pictures." Baekhyun asked curiously.

"Don't worry sweetie. Oh, I have to go now! I need to buy more paint." you recalled.

"Okay, Jagi. Be careful. And remember what's happening tomorrow?" he queried, smiling widely.

"What's the occasion?"

"Try remembering.." he asked, pouting.

You pretended not knowing it was his birthday tomorrow and you had a plan in mind. Trying hard to look as if you are remembering, you finally told him that you had not a clue what was happening tomorrow. You stalled, making him think you forgot.

"Oh yeah! It's the day of my exhibition! Thanks for reminding me! You have to come, okay?" you remarked, trying hard not to give in to his cuteness. "I really have to go now, oppa! I love you." You said one last time and kissed him on the cheek, leaving his dorm.

"Get ready for your surprise, Baek!" You deemed to yourself.

After you left, Baekhyun wondered endlessly as to why you forgot his birthday. He couldn't believe his girlfriend for 4 years had forgotten such an occasion. He frowned to himself thinking, when Chanyeol and Kai came into their dorm walking towards that sad Baekhyun.

"Hyung, you alright?" Kai asked, wondering why he looked sad.

"_______. I think she forgot what's happening tomorrow."

"Wae? What's happening? Isn't it _____'s exhibition? We should go!" Chanyeol invited, pretending he didn't know it was Baekhyun's birthday tomorrow.

"You really don't remember? Sheesh." Baekhyun complained and stood up in frustration. "Yeah, let's go.." He muttered to Chanyeol as he walked off to his room.

This was your plan. You asked the members to pretend that they forgot it was Baekhyun's birthday. And to make sure he was at the exhibition. The picture you took of him was going to be the last portrait of Baekhyun you were adding to your paint collection. And you were going to exhibit all your paintings of him as a surprise. You actually had a lot of paintings of him, but you kept it secret, and finally you thought that it was time for him to see your work.

~~~~~~

Today was the day, and after a sleepless night, you finally finished your painting of Baekhyun. A lovely mixture of earthy colours filled the large canvas, containing only Baekhyun's face. Precise and detailed dark brown eyes stood out in the middle, a wide smile filling the bottom half of the canvas' surface. Carefully placing the painting in your car, you headed straight to the location of your exhibition, and decided to place this painting of Baekhyun at the centre of the hall. Impressed with your work, you went home to wash up and make yourself pretty for your boyfriend's birthday.

~~~~~

At Exo's dorm, 11 boys were frantically getting ready for your exhibition. They called out for Baekhyun to get ready, still pretending not to know that it was his birthday. The time passed and they were finally ready, heading straight to the Gallery.

"You excited, hyung?" Sehun asked the unhappy Baekhyun.

"Hmm.." he hummed, not wanting to answer anyone's question.

"Hyung! Be more cheerful! Sheesh, you should be happy for _____." Sehun retorded making Baekhyun more disappointed.

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Baekhyun replied without feeling.

As the boys arrived, they grabbed Baekhyun out of the van and quickly blocked his sight with a blindfold. Pushing him carefully into the gallery, the boys left him standing in a room alone, with heaps of his paintings perfectly lined up in easels. 

"Guys, what's going on?" Baekhyun questioned.

"Just stay there, Baek! Don't take the blindfold off unless you're told." D.O's voice resounded.

After a few minutes of waiting impatiently with closed eyes, a warm hand suddenly touched Baekhyun's cheek, startling him.

"You can take the blindfold of now, Jagi." a soft voice spoke from nowhere.

Baekhyun took the blindfold off, and after blinking a few more times, he saw his beautiful girlfriend in front of him, smiling in delight. He looked around the room filled with paintings, realising it was him on every canvas. His eyes widened in shock and happiness as he admired the wonderful paintings that you had created.

"Surprise." you muttered softly as you hugged Baekhyun. "Happy birthday, Oppa. Do you like your present?" you looked up at him, hoping for positive feedback.

"No, Jagi. I don't like it." Baekhyun said with a straight face.

"Oh.. okay." you replied in disappointment. Despondent with his answer, you let go of him and tried to walk away, only to be caught by his strong arms, engulfing you in an embrace.

"Don't walk away, you didn't let me finish." He continued, smiling widely. "I Love it Jagi.This is one of the best presents anyone has ever given me." he finished, leaving you relieved and joyful.

"Thanks oppa." you said gratefully. "Why? What tops my present?" you continued, asking him playfully.

He looked down at you and brought his lips to yours, giving you an unexpected kiss.

"You. You're the best gift I was given." he answered making you blush madly. "Thank You, _____. For being the best present. I Love You." he remarked hugging you tighter.

"I Love You too, Baekhyun." you ended.

"OKAY GUYS, TOOOO MUCH PDA!" Chen yelled at the end of the room, only to be ignored.

~~~~~

Happy Happy Birthday to the ever so talented Mr. Byun Baekhyun!

It came to me as I was painting my friend's photo. Hope you guys liked this one :D

XOXO - Bee