"Hero"

FT. Chanyeol

-.-.-.-

"Hi there Jade! I'm Venus! I'm going to be your playmate today!" you said in a cutesy voice to the girl shyly standing in front of you. You crouched down to match the girls height, you gave her a bright smile and she shyly smiled back. You offered your hand for her to shake, and she shook it back, opening up to you.

"So baby Jade, Mommy's going to go to work now! Have fun with Venus, okay? Just ask for food from her, or milk, okay? I love you sweetheart!" Jade's mom leaned down to kiss her cheek. She then stood up and turned to you, looking thankful for the favour you just gave.

"Thanks so much Venus! I'm so so thankful you can take care of my 5-year old! If you need anything, just call me or this number if you cant reach me! Thanks again!" She said and gave you smile. You bid her goodbye, and told her to keep safe. She turned around as she walked down the steep staircase and told you that her son might visit for lunch break. You took note of that and bid her bye once again, and started playing with Jade.

"Unnieee!!" Jade shouted, calling you from the living room. "Unnie!" she squealed as she saw you nearing her. "Can we pwease pwease play building blocks?" She asked so sweetly that no one would ever say no.

"Of course sweetie! Should we go get your legos then?" you asked her, obviously implying that you're going to get it. She nodded and stuck out her hand, signalling for you to hold. She dragged you to a large room filled with Hello Kitty toys and Frozen stuffed toys. She pointed to a large Hello Kitty box up in a tall shelf. You looked up and was astonished at the height. Obviously disadvantaged, you tried reaching for it, only failing each time you tried to reach for it. You got a chair from the side, not noticing its legs on the point of breaking. You stood on it, and finally got the box, but as you began stepping down, you found youself falling to the floor as the chair broke to pieces. Waiting for the impact, you felt two strong arms circling around your neck and thighs. You opened your eyes, and saw a familiar face.

"Venus? What are you doing here?" the person asked, his deep voice resounding throughout the playroom.

"Cha-CHANYEOL?!" you half-yelled, shocked at his appearance. Why was your all beloved Sunbae here?!

"Yeah Venus, it's me. What are you doing in my house, and why are you so clumsy and careless?" he asked again, intrigued with your presence.

"Oh.. uh, your Mum asked me to babysit Jade.. Uh Sunbae.." you asked, your cheeks flushing in pink.

"Ah, so you were the girl she was talking about. And drop the formalities! You already called me Chanyeol anyway!" He informed and laughed through his statement. He set you down the floor and took the box from your hands. He took your Jade's hand and ushered you both to the large living room.

"So sweetie, you wanna play with oppa? I'm done with my meeting!" Chanyeol said in a squeaky voice, which you found very cute.

"YES! Yay!" Jade said in joy and jumped with all her might. You smiled at the sight and tilted your head down, feeling all giddy and sweet.

"Unnie! Come play with us, pweaaaaseee?" Jade asked and of course you agreed.

After an hour of playing with Jade, Chanyeol insisted that you eat lunch with them outside. You said that you brought your own food but Chanyeol didn't take no for an answer. He lifted Jade up onto his arms and took your hand, dragging you to the door, and to his car.

"Ah.. Sunbae! I brought food, so maybe you should just go yourself!" you negotiated, but still, it did not work.

"Just get in the car Venus, and call me Oppa or Chanyeol, okay?" He stated, inferring that what he wants must be done. So, you nodded and followed his order. The ride to the restaurant wasn't awkward at all. He talked about his school council meeting, how being Vice President, next to Suho was still quite a challenge. He talked about school, and why his parents are never home, explaining why they hired you, and their mansion. Jade then squealed as she saw her favourite restaurant, and she smiled happily to the both of you.

After eating, Chanyeol suggested going to the Mall to buy toys for Jade, which you complied with. You both ran after her as she basically palpitated at the sight of Hello Kitty trinkets. The saleslady then commented on how you and Chanyeol were such a good looking, and compatible couple, which obviously was such a compliment. Chanyeol then suggested that that you go to the park for the playground, and you agreed without complaints. As you arrived, Jade suddenly opened the door and went out, crossing the road as she saw the sight of an ice cream truck.

"JADE.. NO!" Chanyeol shouted as he saw her running, and a car driving at full pelt. Without thinking, you rushed over to where Jade was and pushed her towards the other side of the road, where grass would cushion her fall. You fell on the ground, feeling the gravel graze against your palms, arms and knees. You stayed on the ground, feeling the stinging sensation on your skin. And then, everything was black.

~~~~~~~

"Oppa! I'm so sorry! Oppa, please don't cry! please!" A girls voice said, in a croaky but sweet way. "I'm sorry oppa! This was supposed to be your date, right? I'm sorry oppa!" the girl started crying, recognising that it was Venus.

"I wont do it again oppa, I promise!" 

Chanyeol was looking down, with Jade hugging his neck. You groaned and Chanyeol looked at you, checking if something was wrong. He held your hand, and it caused a shiver down your spine because of the lack of warmth. You looked to your right as you opened your eyes, and Chanyeol smiled in nervousness.

"Your hand is cold, Sunbae." you said in a weak voice. Chanyeol then leaned in and pulled your hand to his forehead.

"Do you know how worried I was Venus? How can you be so careless, again?!" He asked, tears slowly forming around his orbs, and you flashed a frail smile.

"I'm supposed to protect Jade! I'm her babysitter Chanyeol." you explained, and he hugged you as his tears flowed down his cheeks. "Why didn't you let me do it... You pabo!" Chanyeol whined, still nervous and shaky.

"I thought I lost you Venus!" he finished, sighing in relief.

"Why would you care, Sunbae? I'm just a girl taking care of your sister, and I'm just an ordinary student in school."

"Do you really need me to explain that, Venus? Why do you think I finished my meeting early? Why do you think I was at home earlier? Why did my Mom suddenly ask you to be my sisters babysitter? How come you're always the class rep in every year? It's because I wanted to see you for meetings! Why do you think I took you out for lunch, and to the mall and the park? I wanted to be with you, Venus! It was all because of me! I wanted to spend time with you. I couldn't say Hi, or greet you at school because I knew you were going to ignore me. And now, you're all broken because of me! I'm sorry Venus!" Chanyeol exclaimed, shocking you with his words.

You stared at him, still surprised. You felt a blush coming along, and you hid your face quickly. You held his face up, using your index finger. You made him face you, smiling again, easing his nervousness.

"Sunbae.. Don't apologise. I did what I had to. Actually, the reason I avoid and ignore you is because I thought you hated me. So I didn't want to be in your way. Also, you got the Devil's spawns as a fanclub, so getting close to you would mean a handful of hair for 6 people." You explained, and he smiled.

"I'm so sorry, Venus.. But please, give me another chance?" Chanyeol asked and pleaded, which you couldn't refuse. "I promise to not avoid you anymore, and to protect you, Venus! Let me be your hero next time."

"Yes... Chanyeol. You didn't need to ask." You sat up and smiled, and he took you by surprise by kissing your cheek. 

"Thank You, Thank you, THANK YOU!" Chanyeol squeaked, which caused you to giggle. A nurse then called for him and left Jade sitting on the couch next to you. She looked at you, trying to supress her tears, but she wailed as Chanyeol left.

"Unnie! I'm so sorry! I love you unnie! For being a hero!" She cried and she came closer, hugging you tightly.

"It's okay, Jade." you said, calming her cries.

"Thank you, Unnie! You're my hero!" 

~~~~~~

'Keep Calm and Read On' -Bee