"It Was You."

Kai FT. Lay

-.-.-.-.-

You executed dance steps as you flowed with the music, connecting with the song. You paused the stereo and the door creaked open. The sound of loud clapping suddenly startled you and the person spoke up, not knowing he was watching you.

"Nicole? Is that you?" the boy asked through the opening.

Realising it was Kai, you ran off towards the opposite exit.

"Wait, Nicole! Don't run, it's me Kai!" he spoke, trying to chase you.

"No Kai.. It's _____". You said to yourself.

"Huh. I found the perfect girl." Kai said in his mind whilst dialing his father's number. "I found her, Dad."

~~~~~

The next day, you quickly made breakfast for your Stepmother and Stepsister, ironing their clothes for the day, preparing their lunches. Your stepmother came into the dining hall with your stepsister, Nicole.

"I have something to discuss with you, ______. Come here." she commanded. Obediently, you walked towards the opposite side of the table to sit.

"Mr. Kim, a high class producer and, his son Kai wants our Nicole to be their new image."

"And you're telling me this because..?" you questioned.

"You're sister cannot dance you dimwit. Fill in for her. Hide your face during the showcase next week. Make sure she gets it, or else." she threatened. "This will be good money, understand? you nodded in reply. "Practice. Don't get caught. If you do, you know what I can do. So, you must impress him." she warned.

"Darling sister." Nicole taunted. "Make sure Kai doesn't know it's you. We already told him how beautiful of a dancer I am. So don't get carried away." she proclaimed in arrogance.

"Yes. I understand." you said.

In your mind you had protested endlessly. You had to dance in front of an audience, what's worse, the person you loved. You admired Kai, he was a talented performer, and he was like a role model. You always loved dancing. And doing this for their benefit sounded ridiculous, but you had no choice. You had to save yourself.

~~~~~~~

You drove your Mother and Nicole to school, owned previously by your father. After he died, most of his belongings went to your Stepmother, using his wealth for all the wrong reasons. Carelessly running down the hall, you walked into someone, looking up seeing it was Kai.

"Oh, uh.. I'm sorry." you said timidly. "No no, it's fine. Are you okay?" he asked with concern. "Yeah, I'm alright. Thanks." you ended and walked away, rushing to the dance studio to practice for the showcase, and to meet your bestfriend, Lay.

"Lay.. GUESS WHO I JUST BUMPED INTO?!" you shrieked in delight. "Yeah, yeah. I know.." he said rolling his eyes. "Hey, I have something to tell you, keep it secret though." You continued.

"I'm listening." Lay finished.

You told Lay the whole situation about the showcase next week, asking him if he could teach you some moves so that your sister could make the cut.

"Why not join the showcase yourself? You're so talented you can live without them. Leave that family, you can stay with me, my parents love you!" he stated. "And confess to Kai already."

"I can't. My mother would take away my money for college. She would hurt me, like she always does. And then Nicole comes in with the Kai part." you whispered and frowned. Lay didn't say anything, he just hugged you. "Come on, let's just dance for now. Don't cry, it ruins your pretty face." He cooed, making you smile.