"Once Upon a Time"

FT. D.O

-.-.-.-.-

It was already way past midnight, and sleep wasn't being friendly with you. You texted your bestfriend, asking her if she was still awake but she didn't reply. Suddenly your phone lit up and vibrated against your sheets, D.O's number displaying on the screen as you looked at it and picked it up.

"Hey, what's up?" you answered.

"______! Why are you still awake?!" D.O asked. "You should be sleeping!" he exclaimed through the phone.

"Well.. I can't really. Sleep and I aren't on good terms."

"Hmm. Is that so.. How about a bedtime story then..?" he paused, eagerly waiting for your answer.

"Let's do it! Tell me a cute one, okay? Or maybe how many girls you fell for already." you expressed excitedly and giggled.

You snuggled your duvet up to your nose, getting comfortable with the cold sheets and your pillows as you listened to D.O's story, plugging in your headphones.

"Once upon a time.. There was a boy who fell in love with numerous girls.. and he fell hard." 

"Huh, so it starts with numerous." you mocked, interrupting D.O's flow.

"Just let me finish.. Okay. Yes, numerous girls. One day, this boy met this really pretty girl in pre-school. She was short, pale but pretty, at least to his eyes. He wanted to be friends with the girl, but he got scared that he might get bullied for having a girl as a friend, so he just watched her from a distance and not try to be friends with her. Every day he wanted to play with her. She was a smart kid, she could solve maths problems for crying out loud!"

"Haha.. Okay, What's next then?" you asked again.

"Wait, jagi." D.O said suddenly, leaving you confused.

"Jagi? Kyungsoo I think you should be the one sleeping." you bombarded.

"No no, that was a joke. Alright, after 2 years of pre-school, the boy finally got to elementary school. Again, in his 5th year of elementary, this boy met a girl who was really pretty and nice and friendly. To his eyes that is. He then again wanted to be friends with her but it seemed like the girl did not like her, so he started to bully the girl, making her cry by teasing her, pulling her ponytail and calling her names. She was the same to the girl she met during pre-school, smart and pretty."

"That's a bit mean! It reminds me of the time when I got bullied in grade school!" you announced.

"Yeah, I remember that too, now let me finish. So.. the boy kept on bullying her. Day in, Day out, but then the girl suddenly stood up to the boy, making him stop teasing her. This caused the boy to stop and think, and they eventually became friends. The boy realised that maybe it isn't too bad to have a girl bestfriend." he paused briefly and breathed in. "That boy felt something else though. He wasn't sure what it was, so he was confused. It's like everday was a fusillade of thoughts of her. Until eventually he finally realised that he was in love with the girl, and he was only a grade schooler."

"Omo! Kyungsoo continue!" you asked, interrupting him again.

"GOSH! Just let me finish!" he shouted in a whisper, half-startling you.

"Sheesh.. Okay, i'm listening."

"Okay.. After grade school, it was time for graduation, but the girl didn't go to that school anymore for 6th grade, because she suddenly left one day... So, From grade school to High School, the boy met another girl again, she was pale, pretty and nice, well at least to his eyes. He tried to ignore her. He was in denial, thinking he didn't have time for all the drama, love and girlfriends, so he just carried on with his life. He was popular with the girls, good singer, was a sporty lad and basically the ideal type of the girl population, but he wanted one particular girl to notice him."

"Who was that, Oppa?" you asked D.O, clearly intrigued.

"You. I wanted you to notice me, _______." he breathed in. "You were the girl I met at pre-school, the one who I wanted to be friends with, but I was too chicken. You again were the girl I met and bullied during grade school, then we became friends, but then you left. That made me sad, _____. And then High School came, you went back here. I met you again but you forgot who I was. I was determined for you to notice me, but I guess it didn't really work. I'm sorry for disturbing you, ______." D.O finished and left you in silence. 

"Wait Kyungsoo! Hold on!" you shouted to the phone, hoping he was still there, sighing in relief when he was still on ther other line. "Are you just going to leave me hanging?! Do you think I would have answered if I thought you were disturbing me? Are you a bit of an idiot? You actually thought I would forget you after you bullied me?!" you said playfully as you chuckled, and you felt D.O flash his hearty smile through the phone.

"Well then, I guess once upon a time turned into happily ever after. _____, Will you be my girlfriend, ______?"

~~~~~~~~

Hey Guys! Oh My Gosh, I totally haven't updated in 2 weeks, which I find totally sad. I hope this was a good read, I kind of rushed this because I'm in the middle of practice. But whatever! Hope you liked this.

Love you, Beexx