"Better Late than Never."

FT. Xiumin

-.-.-.-.-

Prom was coming soon, and you didn't have a date. You planned to go by yourself, going only for the sake of it.

"Dude, do you have a date for prom?" your bestfriend Xiumin, asked out of interest as the teacher  walked out for lunch.

"Nah. Who would ask me anyway?" you replied profoundly.

"Huh, you think so. I bet you someone will. I don't think i'm going." Xiumin stated as you stood up from your chair.

"Yeah, whatever. I'm just gonna get some lunch and my books for next period. Want anything?

"BUNS. Now Go buy your food. I have something I need to do." he replied, leaving the classroom.

You picked up some lunch at the canteen, buying 3 pieces of buns to share with Xiumin. You walked towards your locker to pick up some books you need for the last 2 periods, only to find 5 pink sticky notes placed all over your locker. You formed the notes into a word, revealing the word "PROM?".

You got excited as you saw what it said. You opened your locker, and a bouquet of flowers were placed inside your locker. You took them out and inhaled it's sweet scent. Another note was placed inside the bouquet and you took it out, reading the message.

"Make sure you're at prom. Dress as prettily as possible. Like you always are." 

You smiled to yourself as you read the mini message, and you couldn't help but just blush to the message. You placed the notes and the flowers back into your locker, taking out the books you need and went skipped happily to the classroom without noticing Xiumin looking at you just at the end of the lockers, satisfied with his sweet success.

~~~~~~

The night of Prom came and you were excited and nervous. You were going to find out who had asked you to prom. Wearing a navy dress, you loosely curled your hair, making it flow effortlessly down your back. You wore matching silver heels and your sister prettily made you up, making you look presentable.

"Unnie! You look so pretty! Your date is so lucky!" your sister declared making you look up at her.

"Not as pretty as you. I don't have a date, so how about going without me, you have Kris." you replied with a frown.

"No, you're going." she continued. "Come on, were gonna be late." she announced whilst dragging you out of your room. 

Checking the full length mirror one last time, you checked your makeup, fixed unwanted creases on your dress and put your mask on to match your dress. Slipping your heels on, you went outside your house to be driven by your Dad.

Countless pairs of eyes looked your way as you both entered the hall. Thinking the people were looking at your sister, you ignored their stares, not knowing it was you they were looking at. You sat down by yourself, watching other couples dance to the music when suddenly, a guy in a sleek and black suit came up to you. He wore a silver mask similar to yours, making his deep brown eyes stand out and he looked unbelievably handsome. Curious about his identity, you tried asking who he was, only to be disrupted by his voice.

"Would you like to be my date tonight, _____? A beautiful girl shouldn't be left alone by herself, especially on an occasion like this, all dressed up and looking wonderful." the guy commented in a familiar voice, making you blush madly.

"Sure, why not." you replied sheepishly.

"Then, care to dance, M'lady?" the guy asked, and you instantly agreed to his offer.

He took you to the middle of the dance floor, placing his left hand down your back. His touch gave you a little chill. You placed your left hand on his shoulder as you gripped his right hand tighter. Flowing with the music in the background, you followed the guy as he led you through the dance.  The song stopped and you decided to take a break. 

"I told you someone would ask you out, ______." the guy said as he beamed a perfect smile. He took his mask off, revealing a very familiar face.

"Xiumin?!" you blurted loudly, shocked as he had asked you to be his date. "Were you the one who gave me the flowers and the notes? I thought you weren't going to prom?! And why did you ask me?" you asked, curiosity building up inside you.

"Because _____, a beautiful girl like you should never be left alone like that. And Iike you. I'm sorry for asking you out late." he answered.

"Better late than never, Xiumin. Thank You, for asking me out, for being here for me." you finished as you wrapped your arms around his waist and hugged him tightly, bringing your face to his chest.

"So, princess.. Shall we continue our dance?" Xiumin invited again as he brought his forehead to yours, making you smile and nod sheepishly.