New Year Special(!) "Remember the time?"

Prepare for a long New Year special.

Aranel's/Your POV

A finger poked my right shoulder as I eyed my favourite Dry Shampoo. Whipping my head to that direction, I saw a very tall guy. He rocked his brown locks with a quiff, looking totally delectable. His eyes were hidden due to the huge sunglasses he was wearing, but his smile was mesmerising.

Then, I realised it was Oh Sehun.

"Hey there, miss." he started.

"Do you need help with that?"

I continued to stare at him. It was him. The boy who set fire to my pigtails when we were 6. The boy who had stuffed my sleeping bag with itching powder when our families went camping. The boy who pushed me off the river boardwalk when we were 12. The boy who kidnapped my dog for 3 days when we were 14. The boy who made 14 years of my life a living hell.

The cheeky bastard is back.

He smiled at me, realising he was speaking to someone he has known for most of his life.

"Aranel? Is that you?" he asked, and I nodded stiffly, trying to hide how flustered I am with his sudden presence.

"Wow..." he stretched his words as he gave me a once-over, and I was very confused with his gesture.

"Well anyway-" he continued. "I've just come back today, and gladly bumped into you." I listened to him go on and on. His voice had changed, it was lower than before, he's taller than ever, and I could see the change in his overall appearance.

Easily grabbing the dry shampoo that was heights above my reach, he handed it to me as he finished speaking.

"I know how you love the smell of cherries. See ya later, hunnybun." he said with a smirk.

This boy hasn't changed a single bit.

~~~~~~~~

I knew no one was home when I arrived at our house. I saw a note on the fridge as I went inside the kitchen. 

"Hey Sweetie, were heading to the airport for America for an important business trip.. Sorry for leaving suddenly. Happy New Year! Love Mom & Dad."

Alone for the third year in a row. Suddenly, my phone rang and I read a text from my Mum.

"Aranel. Sehun just came back, and he visited earlier when you were gone. I told him to spend New Years with you, so you're not alone. Love you."

Well, it's gonna be festive.

~~~~~~

I decided to take a shower to get ready for the night. And now that Sehun is back, I don't know how to feel. Suddenly, my phone vibrated in my pocket as I was about to enter the shower. I read a text from him. The guy I fancy. But can't ever have.

"Kai: Heard you saw my brother. Did he do anything to humiliate you?"

The fact that Sehun's stepbrother is worried about me just gives me butterflies. But I can't feel that because... My ex-best friend owns him.

"Aranel: No, he didn't do anything. It's fine, don't worry about me. Worry about other problems.. Like global warming or whatever floats your boat."

"Kai: Haha, funny as always. Anyway, Happy New Year's Aranel. Don't let him get to you.

I snickered as I got in the shower, feeling all warm and fuzzy just because of this boy I didn't have a chance with.