"Bucket List."

FT. Kris

-.-.-.-.-

FLASHBACK:

"When are you going to tell him, Eunyoung?" Your mom asked you in sadness.

"I Don't think I can tell him."

~~~~~~

You searched your old cabinet, taking a small box out. You looked for an old diary that had a bucket list of things to do. You pulled it out as you found it. You read through it, reminiscing the times you thought about these silly things, smiling at the memory. After finding it, you walked back into your living room, and you saw Kris sitting on the couch, waiting for you.

"Baobei, why do you look really pale?" Kris asked curiously.

"Dont worry, i'm just hungry. Shall we go for lunch?" you invited and he agreed. He led you out to his car, opening the door for you like the gentleman he is. You pulled out your bucket list, selecting what you wanted to do.

"Babe, can we go and visit Namsan before lunch? You know, the place where they put lovelocks on?" you invited, making him curious.

"Why do you want to go there Eunyoung? That's not your style, and certainly not mine." he asked.

"I wanna see it. Please, bao?" you pleaded, sticking your lower lip out.

Kris looked at you and instantly gave up. Nodding in reply, he switched lanes and drove towards Namsan.

You got out of the car seat excitedly as you arrived. You saw colourful padlocks fill the metal that fenced the terrace. You went into a nearby store to buy a padlock for yourself with Kris following after.

"What colour?" you asked Kris.

"Hmm.. Red." he replied.

"Alright, I'll get a blue one."

You bought the padlocks and gave the red one to Kris. You went outside to place the locks on the fence. "Thanks again Kris." you told him as you smiled.

~~~~~~

You and Kris had numerous dates after you found your bucket list. You went to carnivals, the aquarium, the beach and other beautiful places. Your bucket list finally amounted to the 2 last things you wanted to do. You went back to Namsan by yourself to slip that bucket list with the locks you bought with Kris. Quickly shooting a text to Kris, you asked him to go to Namsan and fetch something for him. You drove home immediately, feeling dizzier and dizzier by the minute.

"Mom" you called as you came in. "*cough-cough* can you get me some medicine?" you asked through your hacking.

"Darling, why not just go to the hospital?"

"I'm okay. Can you get it now?" you asked her again and she went to the medicine cupboard in your bathroom.

You felt weaker as each second passed. Suddenly feeling a rush of pain in your chest, you coughed out excess amounts of blood. Pain took over your whole body, your legs instantly gave in and you collapsed on the floor.

"Eunyoung?" Your mom shouted from the bathroom. After a few seconds of silence, she immediately ran towards the living room only to see your lifeless body on the cold, hard floor, surrounded by a pool of blood.

"Eunyoung!" she shouted shaking your body. "Yah! Lee Eunyoung, dont give up!" she tried again, not getting a response. She called your Dad and they drove you to the hospital.

~~~~~~

Kris went to visit Namsan since you asked him to. He asked the saleslady if you left something, and told Kris that she didn't receive anything. He went outside spotting a glass bottle tied onto a lock. He came closer and saw a piece of paper inside. He took it out and instantly recognised the person's handwriting as he read the message.

Hey Baobei! How are you doing? I'm really really sorry for telling you to come here. I couldn't tell you, personally, because I was scared of hurting you. I couldn't stand the idea of having to tell you that I was going away. So, I avoided the situation and just went on with life. Please, do me one last favour. Look at the bucket list I put inside. Please finish it for me. Move on, okay? I love you so so much, don't ever forget that. By the time you get this, I don't think you're going to see me ever again, I'm sorry. I love you.

-Eunyoung.

Kris' Bucketlist to finish:

1. Find someone you will be happy with.

2. Love someone with all your heart.

Kris was confused by the letter you left him. He had no what you were trying to say. His phone suddenly rang and he answered, hearing your Mom's voice at the other line.

"Kris.. Sweetie. Eunyoung, she--" your mom said as she cried.

"What happened, Mrs. Lee?!" Kris questioned, shouting at his phone.

"Come to the hospital now. Quick, Eunyoung needs you."

Upon hearing your Mom's words, Kris ran towards his car without a care and drove to the hospital.

~~~~~~

You layed on the gurney lifelessly. You felt groggy, weak and tedious. You looked to your right and saw your Mom, looking at you with sadness.

"Eunyoung.." your mom called when someone unexpectedly barged into your hospital room. It was Kris. He had tear stained cheeks and red puffy eyes, clearly showing how he had been crying. He came closer to you and held your hand close to him.

"Baobei!" Kris started "Why didn't you tell me..? Why?" Kris queried, bringing your hand to his forehead. "I might have been able to do something."

"Don't blame yourself. I couldn't tell you, Kris. I couldn't bring myself to say it. I didn't want to make you sad. I didn't want to be the cause of your grief. I'm so sorry." you spoke, tears spilling down your cheek.

"Eunyoung.." Kris continued, noticing blood dripping out of your nose.

"Bao--" Kris tried, only to be interrupted by you.

"Kris." you spoke as your lungs burned up. "Kris, promise me--*cough* something. I left you a little something, right?" you said and Kris nodded frantically. "Please fulfill the rest for me." you requested for the last time. "Kris--- I'm not going to last any longer.. I'm sorry. I love you so much, Kris. Thank You--- *cough* for everything. You ended.

"Baobei, don't say that." Kris retorded.

You lifted your hand up to touch his cheek. You felt his warm skin for the last time and your whole system shut down. Your arm fell heavily to the sheets, ending the contact between you and Kris. "I Love You, Kris." you uttered your last words with a weak whisper. Your eyelids shut, your face fell slightly to the side.

"Baobei?" Kris called. "Eunyoung? Lee Eunyoung?! Wake up. Yah! Eunyoung.. Baobei.." Kris shouted, shaking your lifeless body. Your mom called for help and staff came rushing in. Your mom and Kris hoped they would revive you one last time. But it was no use. You were gone. You couldn't be saved. Your Mom bursted out into a fit of cries as the staff covered your whole body with a blanket, Kris embracing your Mom in comfort.

"Baobei.. I love you." he muttered to himself, weeping endlessly with your Mom. "I promise to fulfill the bucketlist. I love you. "

~~~~~