♦︎32♦︎

Your p.o.v

Me and Eri have become closer ever since she arrived. In only a short amount of time she opened up to me and shows that she trusts me. I know that I'm her only hope and I promised her that I will help her escape this hell. She...was my hope for me as well. She brought me comfort, care, and warmth in this god forsaken place...it was something that I haven't felt in a long time...I'm happy that Deku was gone for awhile. I sat on the bed with Eri, telling her a story that she has asked of me. As I was telling her the story she seemed to be enjoying it but then she looked at my legs, making me go a bit quiet.

"(Y/n), why are your legs cut and broken?" She asked. I stopped and I looked down at my thighs.

"I'm sorry Eri but...you're too young to know." I responded. She looked at me, saddened that I wouldn't tell her. It's hard to explain depression and self harm to a kid. They don't know.

"Please (y/n). I wanna help you." Eri said. I stared at her, thinking whether or not to tell her. It's a serious subject to talk about but how would I put it in short terms? After a few seconds of silence I sighed in defeat.

"You know how people get sad," Eri nodded, "and you know how people can hurt other people, right?" She nodded again. "Well,...when someone is really really sad...they sometimes can't recover. Most of the time they stay sad. Instead of someone hurting another person, the sad person hurts themselves. They want to leave...," I trailed off, "They don't want to exist anymore." I finished. Eri stared at me with wide eyes.

"Why...are they broken?" Eri asked.

"The bad man hurt me on purpose...but besides that...make me a promise Eri." I told her, grabbing both of her small hands gently.

"If something ever happens to me while we're out of this room and if you see the doors out of here, run. Run as fast as you can and don't look back. And...if I do anything that's scary, close your eyes and don't open them until it's over. Also...there's a good man and a bad man here." I explained to her. She stared in confusion as to what I was saying.

"The man with the green hair has two types. The good man and the bad man. When his eyes are green he's the good man. But if his eyes are red he's the bad man. I'll protect you from him, okay?" I tried to explain to her. Eri nodded and she wrapped her arms around my neck, embracing me. I hugged her back slowly and held her close. As we hugged for a while Eri pulled away and she looked down at my legs again.

She placed one hand on my left leg and her free hand on my other leg. I hissed in pain and I wondered what she was doing. My legs, which were broken, purple and blue, began to heal. The color on my legs began to fade and slowly changed to my skin color. She let go of my legs and I stared in awe and confusion. I stroked my legs to see if I felt pain, bracing myself for any wave of shock. There was nothing. My legs were good as new!

"Eri! Is your quirk some type of healing?!" I beamed with happiness. She flinched at my outburst and I covered my mouth.

"Overhaul says it's called rewind. He said that...it's cursed. I'm cursed..." She replied to me, looking troubled.

"No, your quirk is not cursed. It's beautiful and it's really helpful." I reassured her. She continued to look down and I patted her head. I turned to get off my bed and I stepped on the floor. The cold stone floor sent chills on my legs. I got up and I took one step. I then took another step, and another and another. After who knows how many days, I finally got back on my feet. I smiled and I tried to see if I had my quirk. I looked at my bed and I concentrated. Come on! You can do it! After a few seconds I gave up entirely, not wanting to waste my energy. I looked down sadly as I let my hair fall over my eyes a bit. Eri got off the bed and she walked up to me, looking concerned.

"What's wrong (y/n)?" Eri asked with innocent eyes.

"I don't...have a quirk, Eri. It was taken from me. I just thought that your quirk would have given me back my power." I replied to her, looking down at my hand. The door opened which made both of us flinch. Deku walked in the room, having a small smile on his face. But it soon dropped when he saw Eri by my side. His eyes were red.

"So that brat used her quirk on you." Deku said as he glared at Eri. She grabbed my hand and hid behind me.

"Bad man..." She whispered. Deku looked back at me and his smile returned.

"Come here sweetheart~ I wanna show you something." Deku told me as he motioned his hand to him. I walked up to him with Eri in hand.

"Leave the brat here." He growled. I stopped as I kneeled down to Eri's height.

"Stay here and don't go anywhere. I'll be back. I promise." I whispered to her. The corners of her mouth quivered and she nodded her head. I felt so bad for leaving her alone. I stood up and I walked out the room with Deku. As he shut the door he extended his arm out and held my hand. He was cold as always...

"I can't wait for you to see! I really, really hope you enjoy your present!" Deku chirped as we entered the unknown room with the t.v and metal plank. Shivers went down my spine as memories flowed through my head from that day of the broadcast. Deku rushed to get a remote that laid on the plank, smiling like a maniac. He grabbed the remote and he turned on the t.v, clicking through the channels until he stopped. The news was on.

"Breaking news. We are reporting an incident that has recently happened at U.A high. A sudden bombing occurred five hours ago, leaving 30 students dead and 73 injured, including the pro heroes being injured during the incident. Police have not identified the suspect of this horrible crime but students say they've witnessed (y/f/n) at the scene, causing the bombing, who had been reported missing for the past four months." The news lady reported. My heart filled with devastation. How...I was never there! I would never! Deku laughed loudly and he turned off the t.v.

"So? What do you think?! Don't you love it!?" Deku questioned me with a wide smile. I stood in terror and my eyes watered up. All those innocent students...they didn't deserve to die! Deku bounced up and down, waiting for my response.

"Deku...I was never there..." I spoke up lowly.

"Remember how I said that my master gave me multiple quirks? Well,...one of them is transform! It's just like Toga's but...instead of consuming blood...I have to eat organs! Your organs!" He yelled. I felt sick to my stomach. My stomach was upset and I covered my mouth to avoid vomiting. Deku walked up to me, stroking my cheek.

"Those kids at U.A are so gullible. Nobody suspected a thing. Well, Kacchan did but no one believed him. Hell, Uraraka thought those boxes were presents! Isn't that funny? But little did they know that they were just bombs! Luckily, your eye was enough to help me go a week at that damn school." He confessed to me. I felt so disgusted and so disturbed. I stared into his red eyes, wanting to strangle him but I already concluded...that he has a personality disorder. The real Deku is still there. Deku spun around me and he swept me off my feet, carrying me bridal style.

"You need rest sweetie. You and I have a special day tomorrow night." He informed me as he carried me back to my room. I'm not ready for what he's planning...