♦︎50♦︎

Flashback, third person p.o.v

Students rambled to one another about their projects in front of them, sharing ideas and thoughts without a care in the world. A greenette scribbled on his canvas at a fast pace, not wanting a minute to go to waste. The highlights in his eyes only grew more in awe with the progress of his pencil going all around the canvas.

"Izuku, you're drawing All Might, aren't you?" A female student asked tiredly.  The sudden question made the boy jump a bit, placing a hand over his beating heart.

"Oh...you're awake, (y/n)." Izuku avoided the question with a sigh. (Y/n) sat up properly and stretched out her arms, groaning a bit from the relief of her muscles. Her (e/c) eyes examined her best friend's sketch, only smirking a bit.

"Guess I was right." She hummed, lounging back in her chair with her arms crossed. Izuku's cheeks turned bright pink of embarrassment and tried to cover the image the best he could, only failing.

"You know it's okay. The teacher did say to draw the person you admire the most so no need to hide it from me," she reached over to his head and ruffled his green/black locks, "I know how much you love the guy anyways." She smiled a bit to reassure him. The somewhat stressful feeling in the boy's chest was uplifted as he returned the gesture with a small smile.

"Who are you going to draw?" He asked with his head tilted a bit. The (h/c) hummed and stared at her canvas, trying to paint an image in her mind of an idea. Only for her to merely shrug in the end.

"I have no clue. I really don't have anyone I really admire or look up to..." (Y/n) suddenly drifted off her sentence with her eyes scanning the room. Her gaze sharpened when her eyes landed on a certain ash blonde.

"(Y/n), is something wrong?" Midoriya whispered to (y/n) in a worried tone. (Y/n) shook her head and leaned her body close to Izuku's ear.

"Watch this." She advised, extending out her index finger. Her concentration was fixated below the waist on Bakugou, suddenly having his buckle become undone and his school pants fall to his ankles. Nothing but his black boxers was exposed to the class, making everyone go silent. (Y/n) ducked her head down to hold back a laugh while Midoriya covered his mouth in shock. Immediately, a dark tint of red formed on Bakugou's face while he struggled to pull up his pants.

"Hey Bakugou, nice ass!" A friend of his exclaimed with a hysterical laugh.

"Shut the fuck up!" He yelled, turning his attention to the two best friends that sat next to one another. Izuku quickly looked away, giving the impression that he was the one who suggested the idea. Stomping his way towards the greenette, his red hues glared in anger.

"What the fuck are you staring at Deku?! You planned this shit or what?!" He yelled as we grabbed Izuku by the collar. The boy brought his hands up in defense but he stuttered on his words to explain the situation. Without hesitation, (y/n) got up from her seat and held onto Bakugou's wrist, digging her nails into his skin a bit. Katsuki was taken back for a moment before he tightened the grip on Izuku's collar.

"Why don't you calm down for a moment before making accusations, yeah? It was me, not Midoriya. So just back up and we can settle this nice and easy." (Y/n) confronted the ash blonde without breaking eye contact as she stood her ground. Her sentence was followed by silence between them and tension before Bakugou let go of Izuku. The (h/c) did the same for Katsuki's wrist and walked to her best friend's side, staring as Bakugou walked back to his desk irritatingly. (Y/n) suddenly exhaled deeply and placed her hand over her chest, chuckling a bit in nervousness.

"You saved me (y/n), thank you so much." Izuku thanked with a small blush on his face.

"It's no big deal. Although, that was a bit nerve wrecking if I'm going to be honest," (Y/n) confessed with another exhale before reaching out her hand out above Izuku's head, "sorry he accused you immediately...I just wanted to start something thrilling." She finished saying with her hand ruffling the boy's green/black locks.

"Students, please take your seats." The homeroom teacher announced to the class as she entered the room.  The students did as they were told and went to their assigned seats as they automatically gave their teacher their attention. The homeroom teacher's expression seemed troubled as she fixed her glasses.

"We have a terrible announcement we must address to you all. As you all may or may  not know, our classmate, Koichi Yuki, was murdered here on our campus. During this time, we shall all grieve and those who need to take days off, do not hesitate to tell me." The teacher proceeded to say, wiping her watery eyes. Students within the class were frozen from realization and some of them began to cry. Izuku's heart pounded from his teacher's words and he kept his eyes glued to his desk. Out of paranoia, his brought his eyes to (y/n), seeing her face of despair.

"Yuki...was murdered? Right here on school grounds?" She muttered in a shaky tone. She grabbed scissors and a piece of paper that rested at her side. Midoriya kept quiet, analyzing her movements.

"What if the killer is here...? What if they're looking for another victim that's also a student? What if they-" (y/n) was cut off when she suddenly winced in pain, bringing her finger close to her chest. The blade cut deep into her finger, causing blood to ooze. Some drops of the crimson liquid fell onto Midoriya's portrait, making him stare in awe.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry Midoriya. I'm sorry I ruined your portrait." The (h/c) kept apologizing as she got up from her seat with ease.

"It's...okay." Izuku muttered a bit as (y/n) walked out of the class to excuse herself. The boy was left with his blood stained canvas with his eyes trailing every centimeter of it.

"This is...a masterpiece." He whispered to himself as he brought the canvas close to him. It all made sense now. The realization hit him as he knew what he was missing.

The only thing that can make him see color in this world

Her mind

The only thing that could make him feel warmth

Her body

The only thing that can make him happy

Her soul

He finally understood the importance of his twisted fate, the unsolved mystery that has finally been unraveled, the only one who could understand him better than anyone in this world. And her name

(y/f/n)