♦︎11♦︎

Boys and girls surrounded me and congratulated me for winning against Bakugou. I thanked all of them and I sat and watched the matches. A lot of them had an interesting combination of people like Yaoyorozu and Tokoyami. As I watched the second the second to last battle I felt my phone ring in my pocket. I quickly got up from my seat and I went to a quieter place. I pressed answer and brought my phone up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"You passed your first battle (y/n)! I'm so proud of you!" Inko congratulated me.

"Thanks Inko. I did my best and...I was motivated by Deku." I told her.

"Izuku would have been so proud of you if he saw you. I know you hold him in a special place in your heart and I know he'll be home soon. They'll find him." Inko's voice cracked. Tears fell from my eyes but I wiped them away quickly. Inko was like my second mom. She has always been there for me and she always saw me as a good person for Deku. A good significant other for him.

"I have to go Inko. The last battle is about to happen. I'll see you later."

"Good luck (y/n)!" That was the last thing I heard her say before I hung up. I rushed back to my seat and I was right on time to see who I was facing off. I gasped slightly. I saw Todoroki standing in the ring.

"Todoroki advances in the final round!" Midnight said. I hurried down to the stage and I waited in the hall once more. This was finally happening. A battle against Todoroki.

"Now this fight is gonna be epic! It's the guy who won his last match by a giant ice slide! In the hero course, Shoto Todoroki! And this kid won by swinging her opponent out of bounce with her mind! Also In the hero course, give it up for (y/f/n)!" Present mic yelled. Todoroki and I walked onto the stage and my heart was racing. I started to remember our conversation that we had. This was his time to show what he's made of to his dad. Let's see if he can beat me with only one hand.

"So here we are." Todoroki spoke.

"Only one of us is gonna win." I replied.

"Get ready for (y/n) versus Todoroki! Begin!"

Todoroki used an ice attack at me, making large shards of ice go towards me. I concentrated my sight on the ice and I broke it.

"Woah! (Y/n) still stands after Todoroki's crazy opening move!"

Todoroki created the same move and I broke the ice last time. I have him in my sight and I raise him in the air. He shot ice at me from his hand and I dodged, letting him fall to the ground. Todoroki got up on his feet.

"She countered it again!" Present Mic gasped.

"Let's continue this." He said. He did the same move. I breathed heavily and I smashed the ice. I felt a little bit of blood drip from my nose. I guess I didn't get enough time to rest. I was almost at my limit.

Bakugou's p.o.v

I sat and watched (y/n) as she fought that half and half bastard. I can't believe that I lost to a weakling like her. In front of everyone! Just the thought of it just pissed me off.

"Oh no! I'm missing it!" Kirishima panicked as he ran next to me. Denki congratulated him for winning against Tetsutetsu.

"Man I can't believe (y/n) won against you. But it's amazing how you both don't have to stop in between attacks with your quirk." That damn spiky hair went on.

"It's not as easy as you think you morons," I said, "If you overuse your muscles, you risk tearing them apart. If you sprint too much then you run out of breath. In (y/n)'s case she risks having heavy nosebleeds. If she uses her quirk past her limit she can feel any harm or damage that she causes on anyone or anything in and on her body. Even if she takes breaks she could still go past her limit. Her quirk can lead to internal injury...and would be a cause of death for her." I explain.

"So what you're saying is that when (y/n) is past her limit and she lifts up a car she could feel the weight on her body and her organs?" Denki asked. I nodded.

"Damn...that's scary once you think about it." Kirishima said.

"I hope she doesn't lose this battle." Sero said.

Your p.o.v

Todoroki kept firing ice at me over and over again. It was never ending.

"I'll end this quickly!" He said as he sent a bigger ice attack at me. I quickly got up on a chunk of ice and I raised myself in the air to avoid the attack. Todoroki looked up and he created an ice bridge in the air. He came close to me and I had no choice but to let go of the ice. I let go and I fell for a few seconds. My body hit the ground really hard.

SNAP!

I screamed in pain and I held my side. I felt a sharp pain where my ribs were at, indicating that I cracked a rib. Todoroki created an ice attack and my foot got caught. I looked at my foot and I broke all the ice that was on stage. I could feel the damage that I did to the ice. It was like needles piercing through my muscles. I groaned and I got up on my feet.

"That was more powerful than before but you're almost past your limit." Todoroki stated. I looked at him up and down. I see his right arm shaking. Come on (y/n)! Don't give up now! You can take this pain! I raised my hand up and I lifted up in the air. I threw him with all the strength I had. He flew but he used an ice wall to block him from going out of bounce. He looked at me with wide eyes.

"Your nose is bleeding. You're past your limit. Why are you going this far?" Todoroki asked me.

"You're shaking Todoroki. You're almost at your limit as well. I know there's probably a limit to how much your body can handle the cold. You're not using your left side." I stated. His expression turned into an upsetting face.

"Did my dad bribe you into this?!" Todoroki yelled. I shook my head no. I began to walk up to him.

"I want to be a hero to protect the innocent and I want to live up to people's expectations. That's why I want to do my best. Like how you should!," I shouted. Todoroki stood still with wide eyes, "you can't be the number one hero if you're not using your full power!" I yelled. I ran up to him and I punched him in the face with all my force, ignoring the pain in my ribs. He dropped to the ground and he held his head low.

"But I refuse to use his power."

"It's yours! Your quirk, not his! You're the only one who can control it! Not him!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Todoroki looked up at me for a second and he created a giant ice ball around us, blocking us from the audience's view. He got up and he slowly walked to me.

"(Y/n)." He called in a low voice. He came close to me and he gently grabbed my face. He brought his lips close until they finally touched. I was shocked and then I blushed deep red. The kiss felt so passionate but it felt...wrong. Todoroki pulled away from me and he hugged me.

"Thank you." He whispered. Flames emerged firm on his right side and all round us and he melted the giant ice ball.

"What's this? A bonding moment? What happened to the fight?" Present Mic asked in confusion. I was still in Todoroki's arms and I looked up at him.

"Why did you kiss me?" I questioned him.

"It's just that...you've been on my mind a lot and I...I like you...a lot." He confessed. I looked at his chest and I remembered that we were still in battle. I looked up at him in sadness.

"I'm sorry for this." I whispered. He was about to ask but I threw him out of bounce with my quirk. He rolled to the ground and he was in real deep shock. I felt so guilty.

"I can't believe it! (Y/f/n) is the winner of the sports festival!" Midnight yelled out in joy. The audience began to applaud me. I won...I actually won! All might suddenly arrive to give us our rewards. I got first place, Todoroki got second and Tokoyami got third. Everyone congratulated us and I looked down at Todoroki. He looked up at me.

"Good job winning (y/n)..." He said.

"Yeah...you too." I replied. I felt horrible. I felt bad because Todoroki confessed his feelings to me but...

I still love Izuku Midoriya.