♦︎52♦︎

Your p.o.v

There was a loud commotion that was near that awoke me from my slumber. It sounded as if there was a fight happening. I sprung out of my bed and walked out of my room towards the noise. I know it wasn't my business to know what was going on but I had a gut feeling that I needed to step in. In one of the rooms, where the villains usually gather, was Dabi, Toga, Shigaraki, and Muscular. What was happening made my stomach turn. One by one, they were in a circle, taking turns punching and striking Izuku. Anywhere they could hit him, they struck with that opportunity. Blood oozed from all around his body while he struggled to get away. His emerald eyes looked back and forth at the villains in fright. I didn't scream at them, I didn't rush to fight, I was just...calm. Although...it did hurt to see Izuku in this state. I couldn't be rash. I walked into the room, having my footsteps be heard and having them all look at me. My blood ran cold at their gaze. I carefully walked towards Izuku and kneeled down to him.

"(Y-Y/n)...please go...back..." He struggled to say with heavy breathing. He coughed up blood and lowered his head back down. Even in his vulnerable state, he chooses to put me first...

"Just rest Izuku...I'll take care of you." I whispered next to his ear. I heard him sigh and allowed his body to go limp. Gently, I wrapped my arms around his torso, lifting him up with the strength I had left. I wrapped one of his arms around me for support. As I got him lifted up, I turned to make eye contact with Dabi. His blue eyes unsettle me...like he has something big to hide. It sickened me.

"Hey! Let me go with you! I can help you clean up Izuku-kun~!" Toga suddenly beamed. I froze by the doorway, thinking of a good way to respond to that. I didn't want her to harm me in any way so I nodded, continuing to walk in the hallway. She celebrated for a short second before walking to my side. I walked in silence but felt disturbed as she eyeballed Izuku the whole time, seeing the blood dripping from his wounds with a dark blush on her cheeks. I walked towards the old room I was held in with the small window and gently placed him on the bed. I saw Toga place  a few bandages and a towel next to me but I only kept my eyes on Midoriya.

"Toga, you can go now. I can handle this from here." I bluntly told her as I reached for the bandages. I heard her pout a bit and she began to walk towards the door but I heard her steps stop.

"You know (y/n), he does love you alot. But you just deny it." She suddenly confessed. I clenched my hands a bit in annoyance and I inhaled deeply.

"Thanks for that information...anything else you wanna tell me?" I asked rather rudely. Her presence threw me off and gave me unsettling feelings, I almost lost my temper. Toga stayed silent before she said no and left the room. A heavy sigh escaped my lips and I rubbed my temples. The atmosphere in the room was somewhat lifted so I felt a bit better.

I grabbed the towel that was by my side and I gently wiped the blood off Izuku's face, making sure I didn't hurt him in his sleep. The red fluid absorbed into the cloth and I tried my best to not let the towel be full of blood just yet. I then unbuttoned Izuku's black vest and his blood-stained white shirt, seeing the wounds he had. Wiping down the extra blood, I began to see scars on his chest and stomach. My eyes examined each scar, some were deep and some were rather light but...I wanted to hold him...protect him.

"Please...don't cry...it's okay." A raspy voice suddenly told me. I gasped in surprise a bit, only to see Izuku with his eyes half opened and holding my pinky and ring finger. He held it so gently...and his hand was so cold. I felt my face, only to touch the wet streaks. My lips quivered a bit and I hunched over, letting the towel go as I held Izuku's hand fully. I bit my inner lip to prevent my sobs from being heard and rocked back and forth a bit to calm my nerves. The grip Izuku had on my fingers began to loosen and I heard him exhale softly. He fell back unconscious. I wiped my useless tears with my arm and wrapped bandages around his stomach. I had to lift him in order to get the bandages to wrap correctly. It took a lot of energy out of me because the next second I knew, I was almost falling asleep on the chair I was on. I don't normally feel this worn out but now...I don't know what's going on.

"(Y/n)...?" A soft voice suddenly called me, making me flinch a bit. I looked behind me and by the doorframe was Eri with a light purple blanket around her shoulders. I tilted my head a bit and stared at her for a moment before calling her over.

"Where did you get that blanket, Eri?" I asked. She laid her eyes on Izuku.

"Izuku-kun gave it to me." She answered me, tightening her grip on the blanket. I was thrown off guard for a second and I looked back towards Midoriya's unconscious body. All those scars...I wonder where he got them from. I'll just ask him when he wakes up again.

"Is he going to be okay?" Eri asked with curiosity. I nodded and rested my eyes, holding my hands together to keep them warm. I felt a small tug on my shirt and Eri stared up at me, trying to climb on me. I wrapped my arms around her and lifted her up so she sat on my lap. She spread the blanket out so it covered the both of us. It really was a nice feeling, to be bundled up almost. Now we both had our eyes on him.

"What's going to happen when he wakes up?" Eri asked another question. I tilted my head a bit and sighed a bit.

"I wonder that too...but we'll see," I adjusted my posture in the chair, "let's just rest a bit in the meantime, okay?" I suggested to Eri, having her nod and lay her head on my shoulder. I snaked my arms around Eri's body to hold her more securely with my head leaning on hers. The silence within the building allowed Eri and I to have our tiredness consume us, along with the dark aura that lingered in the halls of every corner.