♦︎39♦︎

Deku walked us inside the league of villain's hideout and he held Eri by her wrist. She whimpered, being scared for her life. Throughout this whole time he hasn't said a word to us. It was nerve wracking. As Deku walked closer to my cold stone room he swung the door open violently. He grabbed the back of her head and threw her inside of the room, slamming the door with all his strength. Loud crying could be heard from the other side.

"Let me out! (Y/n), come back! Please! Come back!" Eri screamed at the top of her lungs. I was about to open the door but Deku immediately pulled me away. I couldn't fight back, I didn't want to make the situation worse. We made our way down the hall and we entered Deku's operating room. He threw me in slightly and he shut the door, locking it. I began to panic as multiple possibilities raced through my mind. My eyes watered up.

"Please don't hurt me, Deku." I whispered, not daring to raise my voice at him. He stared at me blankly with wide eyes. They were now both red. He pointed to the metal table, not giving verbal instructions.

"Sit on that table." He said in my head. I was confused for a moment but I did as I was told. Deku grabbed another chair and he placed it in front of me. There was silence. Deku sat with his arms crossed as he looked down at his lap. His shoulders hitched up and he eventually began to cry. I was dumbfounded. Why was he crying? Deku covered his eyes in shame and he slowly shook his head. I felt...sorry...for him. Wait, why?! Why was I feeling this way? What possessed me to feel this way towards him?

"Deku...are you okay?" I asked. He shook his head no and he hugged himself. Should I comfort him? Should I just stay here?

"You hate me." He suddenly spoke. I was taken back from his response.

"What...do you mean Deku?" I tried to keep the situation calm.

"What the hell did I do...for you to love others more than me? Am I not good enough?" Deku asked in between sobs. This wasn't like him to cry when the 'demon' was here.

"What do you mean Deku?" I questioned him. Deku wiped his eyes that were bloodshot red and he looked into my opposite colored ones.

"You're...different when I'm not around you. You're so happy with the others and not me, you're more active with them and not me-"

"What are you saying?" I interrupted him.

"Don't fucking interrupt me!" Deku screamed as his hands lit on fire. I flinched from his sudden outburst. He breathed heavily from anger, but he calmed down, letting the fire from his hands die down.

"Isn't it obvious? You smile more and are happier...without me. You don't love me." He choked, trying his best to hold back sobs. I felt troubled by what he said. No...that's not it at all. I got off of the metal table and I walked up to Deku. I was gonna attempt to calm him.

"Deku...you still don't know yet-" I was suddenly pinned to the cold floor, being caught off guard. I yelped from the sudden action and I looked up. My heart broke. Deku's eyes were now green...but they held pain and heartbreak as well.

"What don't I not know (y/n)!? What I clearly know is that you don't love me! When we were on our first date for your birthday...when we slept together...when you kissed me at the mall...that was all fake! It's all a lie! I love you with every ounce of my being and I would do anything for you! But it's a waste that you don't do one thing in return, and that's to love me...do you know how that makes me feel?! Do you?!" Deku yelled in my face. I stared up at him in shock.

"You're scared of me...you're traumatized by the things you've seen and from what I've done. But I'm scared. I'm scared to have the demon take over my life. Just help me...you give me warmth, you give me hope, and...you give me a reason to live. Just please..." Deku cried more, loosening his grip on my wrists. I slowly sat up, having Deku sit on my lap. I gently placed my hand on his face, staring deep into his eyes.

"Izuku...it's complicated. The demon is the one I'm terrified of. He takes over your mind and body and he makes you do things that you would never do. I believe the old you is wanting to be free. I understand that you're scared but...there will be a way to help you. But...I'm scared as well." I confessed to him.

"What if the demon is nice to you?" Deku asked with worry. I looked away, thinking about it.

"I don't know but that hardly ever happens." I replied. Deku looked down, embracing me as he buried his face into my neck. I hugged him back, giving him the support he needs.

"I'm sorry Izuku. I wish things were different." I whispered in his ear as I stroked his fluffy green and black hair. I'm so sorry...for lying about my feelings just now.

Third person p.o.v

(Y/n) held Deku close to her, trying her best to stop his crying. Deku rested his chin on (y/n)'s shoulder, looking at his operating table. His mouth formed into a twisted smile but his eyes...seemed to stay green. Oh wait until you see what I have for you, (y/n), he thought. He continued to smile oddly, stroking (y/n)'s hair. She didn't seem to notice a single thing. But what (y/n) didn't know...was that she was gonna experience the true terror and wrath of her abusive and insane lover. And it will all start with a push of a button.