50

Hey everyone!! I thought Dua Lipa was perfect for the chapter!!!
________________________________________

I turned as Hero stormed right towards us looking pissed. More than pissed- furious. 

Josephine latched onto my arm and Chad stood by, watching the entire scene unfold. 

"What the fuck is this?" Hero spat, gesturing to my appearance. "You're wearing this... stripper rag... and looking like you're working on a corner? I don't recognize you!"

"Maybe that's a good thing." I shrugged. "I decided to change a few things in my life."

Hero scoffed. 

"That's right," I continued, "I feel about two-hundred pounds lighter. I'm tired of going through this... exhausting cycle with you. I have to face facts: you're never going to settle down. I'll have to live with that."

"I know you better than anyone." Hero growled. "You would never look like this. You'd be too worried your parents-"

I laughed. "I guess it's a good thing I don't talk to them anymore."

Quicker than I could have anticipated Chad clasped my hands in his. 

"Well, I think she looks perfect no matter what she wears."

Hero turned his blazing eyes on his cousin, then flicked his gaze to mine. He didn't look angry anymore. He looked utterly betrayed. 

"And here you are, fucking around with this Channing Tatum wannabe. Of all the people you could have fucked you chose to do it with my cousin!"

Part of me wanted to point out it wasn't so cut out and dry because technically he wasn't a close relative but I held my tongue nonetheless.

Hero turned to Chad, brushing up against his nose. "You're so lucky I'm..." he trailed off. 

Chad nodded professionally. "I knew you'd come to your senses, Hero. There's some people you need to show respect to."

"What?" Hero seethed. "You think I'm not going to hit you because you were some meathead? I don't give a fuck who you are! I'll knock you the fuck out right now!" 

As Chad and Hero began circling each other like vultures, a crowd began filling the large lawn like an amphitheatre. I expected them to start shouting to get a fight going but much to my surprise, they all idled by, sipping on red cups. 

Looking at both of them now, I saw that they were both insanely fit. I became more invested in how their fight would turn out. 

What- who was I kidding? I had to stop them before this got out of hand. 

"Come on," Chad said, "give me one good punch. Get it out of your system. I can handle what you can dish out."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Hero snapped. "You think I can't knock you on your ass?" 

It looked like Chad had to hold back from a chuckle.

"Oh, little cousin. I remember when we were kids, don't you? I know this emo phase of yours seems real but it's getting old."

At this, Josephine stepped forward, looking dumbfounded.

"Kids?" She demanded. "What are you talking about? Chad... we didn't find out he was our cousin until high school."

Chad seemed irritated. "No. He and I knew each other well before then. I'm sorry Josie. You need to talk to mom and dad about this."

As soon as Chad said this, Hero pulled a hand back, popping him right in the mouth. Not expecting this, Chad fell back on the grass, bleeding from the corner of his lips, grabbing at his face. 

Hero stared down at him with a look I'd never seen before- something threatening, carnal even. 

"Don't ever doubt whether I can beat your ass," Hero said. "I will always win."

Here's another update for you all!!

Merry Christmas :)

Please remember to vote and comment <3