64

Hey everyone!! This IMVU character was made of Kristina with her famous bell bottoms and knit sweater. I hope you like it
_________________________________________

The next day when I went to visit my mother for lunch, it was awkward, to say the least. She didn't speak for the longest time and for the majority of the day my phone was blowing up with texts from my father I hadn't checked yet. Frankly, I was afraid to. 

When our waiter had finally delivered our salads, my mother rested her arms on the table, looking as nervous as ever.

"Kristina, you must understand that this isn't some normal get-together. It's serious, what I need to warn you about."

I raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"Your father.... he's acting insane right now. You and I both need to get a restraining order on him."

I laughed, though it wasn't the best time to do so.

"Funny. He said the same thing about you."

My mother's eyes widened. "You spoke to him?"

"Over the phone." I shrugged. "He threatened to take me out of college. Said he was never going to let me out of the house."

My mother snapped her fingers. "Kristina. I need you to really pay attention. I'm serious. He's out of control. Thing is, He's been hiding the truth for a long time. He's been laundering money."

I gasped, not wanting to believe my ears. "What? That's why we have so much money?"

My mother nodded. "Yes. He has many lawsuits against him and it's finally starting to unravel. He'll do anything to ensure he doesn't lose anything, including hurting you."

"Why would he hurt any of us?" I asked. 

"Because," My mother frowned. "He's not your real father."

I paused, my fork hovering above my salad. Months prior to graduating things had been much simpler. I had been your typical seventeen-year-old, doing my best to make it through the hell that was school and doing my best to impress my tiger parents. 

And here I was, just finding out my father wasn't my real one? Just how long was my mother intending to keep this a secret? 

"Have you known this all my life?" I exclaimed. 

My mother didn't laugh in the way that told me she had everything going the way she wanted. It broke off telling me she was scattered.

"Of course I did... it's complicated. Your real father... well, he didn't exactly want to be in the picture. I thought Charlie was the perfect choice. He was just building his business from the ground up and he and I had so much in common.... he wasn't always so..."

"Wasn't always so what?" I urged. 

"Well, so passive-aggressive and... abusive..."

This hit a soft spot in my heart. Yes, he had been very overbearing, but abusive? 

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Kristina," My mother began, "I always thought you were too soft for subjects like this, but I have to come to terms that you'll have to know someday. Charlie... hasn't struck me in a year or more, but he has called me many names that made me question my life. He did it to you at a young age. You just don't remember."

I bit down on my lip. Wow. My father, mentally abusive? Wait, he wasn't my father, was he? 

"Mom, I'm so sorry."

I buried my face in my hands, feeling my emotions take over. There was always so much going on and I had no idea. Growing up, I'd believed that your father was a role model, someone a little girl should always look up to. And all this time...

This wasn't something I could deal with right now. 

As I looked up, I really didn't think anything could get worse when I saw two people that I didn't want together, looking closer than ever.  

Kylie was walking towards my table, with her arm linked with Hero's like they were the world's best couple.

She wore the tightest and most provocative lace as usual, but as much as I hated to admit it, she looked quite beautiful in a thick bundle of curled hair swept over a shoulder. What the fuck. Didn't he tell me only days ago that he loved me?

"Is that the boy?" My mother groaned. 

"I think so," I snapped.

What a way to ruin my day.

"Oh, hey!" Kylie squealed, grabbing at Hero's face like a small child. "isn't he the cutest? I knew we'd find you here, Kristina!"

I nearly choked. "I can't imagine how."

"Just a hunch," Kylie went on, "I mean, since you and Hero are such good friends it shouldn't be a surprise that he'd know where you are most of the time."

I forced a tight smile. "Kylie. Whatever it is that you want... My mother and I have something to attend to."

"Of course," She continued, "I just thought I'd come over and let you know that me and Hero have decided to take our relationship to the next level."

I stared down at my plate knowing there was only one meaning to this sentence. As I looked up, I saw that Kylie looked as ecstatic as ever, hugging onto Hero. He, on the other hand, looked quite upset like he would have rather been anywhere else. Despite all this, he still allowed Kylie to wrap herself around him. 

"Isn't that right, baby?" Kylie asked. As she took hold of his chin, he tried to look away, but she pursed her lips, making him face forward. Something wasn't right here. 

"Yes," Hero snapped. "It is right."

"Then prove it." Kylie taunted. "Kiss me to let any girl know I am yours."

To my horror, Hero didn't hold back in dipping Kylie down and kissing her with more passion than I'd ever seen any guy possess. It stole the breath out of my lungs, making me double over in my chair.

Pain- I felt nothing but pain. Wasn't an employee supposed to break up this disturbance or something?

I knew it was too early to feel much for Hero. Logically, I should have felt indifferent to his disrespect. It had only been a month and a half at the most. He shouldn't have mattered, but he did.

I felt my heart breaking into pieces. 
I wasn't about to let either of them get the satisfaction of seeing me lose.

Wiping at my face violently, I rushed towards the restrooms, watching as every occupant stared at me.

I hope you all are enjoying (:

What do you think Kristina's 'father' is up to?

Why do you think her mother kept it a secret for so long?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.