43

Hey everyone. I absolutely Adore H.S don't you? ^_^
_________________________________________

I stood frozen on the concrete walkway, trying to will myself to move. We were all looking at each other, from me, to Hero, to Josephine, to Kylie. None of us spoke, only waiting for someone to break the ice.

I was shocked that Kylie didn't have anything else to shove down my throat. Or Hero for that matter. He was probably thinking of ways to rub it in. 

If anyone was going to speak first, I knew I wanted it to be me. 

"So, you slept together?" I demanded, staring right at Hero.

Hero, for a moment, looked like he was remorseful, but soon turned into the jerk I knew so well. 

"Why are you so surprised?" He asked. 

"I'm not surprised." I retorted, feeling more sure of myself. "I just wish you wouldn't act so scared."

Hero now approached me, his eyes blazing in anger. 

"You think I'm scared?"

"Yes," I replied, without fear, "That's exactly what you are. You're a scared man, acting like a little boy, afraid to admit that you have feelings for me."

"I do not have feelings-" Hero had begun to spit but I wasn't about to let him get off that easy.

"Who am I kidding? You're never going to be real, Hero. You still like how I say your name? Please. It doesn't only hurt me that you're lying to everyone around you, but the fact you're lying to yourself..."

Hero stood silent for a moment until he came up with the closest thing he could think to say to me:

"You're psycho."

I wanted to laugh. Only hours ago, he'd been calling Kylie the same exact thing. I suddenly realized this was his response to everything, especially when being called out.

I saw Kylie giggling behind her hand, but I wouldn't let that get to me. Like my father had said, I had bigger fish to fry. 

"That's fine," I shrugged, "I'd rather be some psycho you fucked, than someone who's scared of even their own shadow."

"Come on," Josephine said, tugging on my arm, "He's not worth the trouble."

This set Hero off his rocker. He started shouting, looking like he was about to fight her. 

"You don't fucking tell her what to do!" He balled his hands into fists.

"Leave her alone!" I screamed, running in front of Josephine and holding out my arms. "She's my friend. She knows what's best for me."

"If the fucking shoe fits," Hero spat, grabbing onto Kylie, making my heart break into pieces once more. "Do me a favor and just disappear."

When Kylie and Hero had finally left, Josephine looked at me with pity in her eyes. 

"Are you okay?" 

"Yeah," I replied forcing a tight smile. "I wasn't going to let anyone talk to my best friend like that."

Josephine's eyes began to tear up. Rushing foward, she enveloped me in a hug. 

"I'm so glad I have you around!" She blubbered. 

"I'm glad I have you too." I whispered.

Please remember to comment and vote <3