47

Hey everyone (: I thought Yummy by Justin was a perfect fit <3 Hope you are all excited for Christmas ^_^
_________________________________________

"You want me to be your date?"

I wanted to retract my question, instantly regretting it. How could I have asked him such a thing? He was much older than me and I was severely inexperienced.

He could probably tell. 

"I'm sorry." I apologized. "I shouldn't drag you into this. I needed to move on and date other-"

"I agree," Chad interrupted. "I'm honestly flattered. It's been so long since I've been out with anyone."

My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. 

"Oh, I-" I had one thing swirling around in my mind. "You'll be able to find time with your present occupation?" 

"What do you mean?" Chad asked. 

"Your mother said you were in the military, visiting home." I pointed out. "I presumed you were still on base."

Chad surprised me by laughing. "Yes, I am in the military, but I think my mom likes to show off her kids a bit too much. I already passed basic training. I chose to stay home after my day job. I work in mechanics."

"Oh." I replied, feeling stupid. 

"Are you still up for the party?" Chad asked. 

I blushed, nodding my head vigorously. "Oh, yes! Of course."

Chad stood up straight, running a hand over his shirt. 

"Well then I suppose I should shop for something nice. As should you."

For a moment, Chad dug deep into the pocket of his jeans eventually pulling out a wad of cash, handing it over. 

I attempted to push it away. "Oh, no, I can't take this-"

"Please," Chad urged. "It's only eighty bucks. I want my date to look good, though everything you wear tends to look amazing."

I bit down on my lip knowing I couldn't possibly win this bet. My mind was now running amok, thinking about what he'd said.

I want my date to look good. 

Who had Hero compared me to? Had it been my grandmother? Either way, it had been offensive.

Yet this was why I even picked up a magazine in the first place. I didn't have a sense of style. 

As Chad made his way to the door, it swung open, revealing Josephine with tangly wet hair on the other side. 

"Oh, are you leaving?" She asked.

"Yeah," Chad smirked, "I know I wasn't here long but I have to get going. I have a date to get ready for."

Josephine looked excited. "Oh! Yay! Who's the lucky girl?" 

Chad looked back at me, selling me out. "Your dear friend, Kristina as a matter of fact."

"Oh." For a moment I thought I saw Josephine's face fall. "Okay. Cool. See you later brother." 

As soon as the door shut and Josephine quickly threw her things on the bed I began apologizing. It seemed I was always getting too involved with her family members. 

"I'm sorry, Jo."

Josephine furrowed her brows. "For what?" 

"Um. You looked really upset at me dating your brother."

Josephine's eyes widened. "Oh no. That's not the impression I was giving out at all. I just... I know things ended with you and Hero."

"Exactly." I said. "That's why I asked Chad out so I can-"

"I don't think you understand," Josephine went on. "Hero and Chad don't exactly see eye to eye. If Hero finds out who's taking you out, it's not going to be pretty."

I sighed, frustrated. I didn't take this into consideration. 

"He won't." I lied. 

Josephine nodded. "I suppose if you go somewhere out of town it won't hurt."

"About that," I began, "we're going to another frat party."

Josephine stood silently for the longest moment. 

"So you think you'll be able to go to Hero's frat without him finding out?"

"I could if you were there to help out."

Josephine began to shake her head profusely but I grabbed into her shoulders. 

"Come on. Everything will be fine. Besides, Chad will be able to protect you if Hero tries anything."

After a minute of fussing, Josephine gave in. 

"Fine." 

I smiled. "There's one more thing. You can dress however you want but I'm going to need help. For my night out, I'm going to need to look hot." 

"Hot?" Josephine asked. 

I nodded. "Mhm. Hot."

Thank you all for over 2k! And thank you to everyone adding my story to their list :)

Please don't forget to follow if you're enjoying my story.

And if you wish, don't forget to like and comment.