54

Hey everyone I thought The Fray was in good taste <3
_____________________________________

The ride over to the dorms was unbearable. Not only were Josephine's slurring and unethical theories getting on my last nerve, but the way Chad gripped his steering wheel put me on edge. 

"Chad," I squeaked. "I really am sorry."

I expected Chad to completely ignore me like Hero had a habit of doing, but he turned towards me, muttering a response:

"I'd appreciate it if you left me alone."

I did as he said, staring down at my lap. Still hearing Josephine mumbling in her seat, I thought about what I could have done to make the night better.

Firstly, I could have told Hero that I didn't want to join him upstairs. That was obvious. I had given Chad my word that it was our night together, and I had fucked around with his cousin, making it look like it had been planned all along. 

Why did I have to be such an idiot? I was as bad as the girls I knew from school: whenever Hero called for me, I came running. I was disappointed in myself. 

When we finally made it to the dorm hall, I grabbed ahold of Josephine, hoisting her up on my shoulder. With one last look at Chad's glum expression, I opened my door. 

"Wait!" 

Chad was turned in his seat, looking at me longingly. 

"I'm sure you're a good person," he continued, "I'm not saying what you did didn't hurt me, but I'm sorry I acted the way I did."

I shook my head. "Don't be sorry. I snuck off with Hero and lied to your face about it. I regret what happened. I really do."

Chad nodded. "Well, I hope this taught you a lesson for any future relationships."

"Wait a second," I said, "aren't we going to be seeing each other again?" 

Chad sighed. "No, Kristina. I don't think that would be a good idea. I should have known better. You're young and not mature enough for me."

I nearly scoffed as he bid me goodbye. Me? Not mature? That wasn't something I would have imagined would ever be said to me. 

Not daring to look back, I slammed the truck door, hauling us up to our floor. When I was able to toss Josephine on her bed, I fell back on mine, feeling exhausted. The nights ordeals had left me out of sorts. 

Checking my phone, I stared at the few messages between Hero and I.

*HOW GOOD DID I MAKE YOU FEEL*

*THIS IS THE SECOND TIME WE'VE BEEN THROUGH THIS*

*YOU'RE REALLY GOING TO IGNORE ME*

*WE CAN'T GO ON MEETING LIKE THIS IT'S FUCKING EXHAUSTING*

I threw my phone to the ground. I couldn't let him get to me like this. He made it clear that he didn't care about me. I was only the next whore in line. 

Just as I thought this, a pounding sounded on the door. Huffing, I made my way to it, swinging it open in exasperation. I nearly fainted at the sight of Hero standing there, looking defeated like he'd run all the way here. 

"What the hell do you want?" I hissed under my breath. 

The irony was not lost on me that he had been the one to go looking for me. Why else would he be here?

"I got here as fast as I could," Hero panted, "I need to talk to-"

"Forget it." I snapped. "You made it clear where we stand-"

Hero shook his head. "I'm not here for you."

I took a step back, not believing my ears. 

"I came to see if Josephine was okay." He went on. "I know she's never gotten drunk before and what went down between her and Chad.."

I turned to see that Josephine was still knocked out. 

"As you can see, she's still out cold." I replied. "If that's all you were here for, I'll just leave."

I almost shed a tear when I saw Hero wasn't coming after me. 

As I made my way down the lit hallway I wasn't sure where to go next. There weren't a lot of options and it wasn't a frat house.

Taking my chances, I peeked inside a random dorm room. Seeing that it didn't look occupied, I sat on the bed.

Thank you to all my new readers (:

As you can see, Hero is kind of an asshole lmao

Do you all think he has feelings for Kristina or is she just a fling?