57

Hey everyone!! I hope you're having a good new year (:
________________________________________

I was glad to see that when I woke the next morning Josephine looked as good as new. She was the first to turn off the alarms and get the toiletries out for us to get our day started. 

I wanted to beat myself silly for this. I had fallen off the wagon ever since I'd been messing around with Hero. Granted, I had never in my life, messed up any careful planted thread. It was always set in stone. 

I needed to get back on track. 

After I threw on one of my favorite polka dot dresses with my sandals and straightened my hair, I checked my phone as if there was any possibility I would have recieved a message from Hero. 

"Shall we go down for breakfast?" Josephine asked with a chirp in her voice. 

I smiled. "Yeah. Let's go." 

I didn't pay much attention as we headed down to the cafeteria. I scrolled through my phone trying to look for anything to do to get my mind off what was running through it. And it definitely wasn't school work.

When I smelled the aroma of syrup and sausage I looked up in expectation. As we made our way to the concession stand for the kitchens I frowned. There was a line as long as could be. 

Josephine forced a smile. "Patience is a virtue."

Just as I was thinking about all the ways I could argue this point, something caught my attention out of the corner of my eye. It wasn't Annie, Ellie, or even Kylie for that matter.

It was Hero standing alongside a boy that I could buy was his friend for once. He was all tall and broad with a bundle of wavy blond hair. The thing that made him stand out against everything else were his tattoo sleeves under his tight grey shirt. Hanging from his hips were a pair of loose fitting sweats. 

Why did I find this so... hot? 

I didn't notice I had been staring at Hero's friend until he caught my eyes and gazed back in awe. For a moment, he turned to Hero, gesturing to me, then made his way over with Hero hot on his heels.

When he reached us I stood still not quite sure what to do. Josephine did the same. 

"So, this is the famous Kristina." The boy began, seeming to have ill intent. 
I furrowed my brows, not sure how to respond to this. Were they both here to make fun of me? I honestly wouldn't put it past Hero. 

"I'm sorry." I murmured. "Who are you?" 

The boy turned his chin up at me, looking all smug and uptight. "How rude of me. I'm Hero's friend, Niall. Thought I should introduce myself."

Niall held out his hand expectantly. I idly wondered if he was a friend of kylie's as well. Not wanting to be rude, I shook his hand. 

Niall looked back at Hero with a devious look in his eyes. "Hero never stops talking about you. He said you were hot, but man, pictures don't do you justice."

As I lifted an eyebrow wondering what he meant by pictures, Hero shoved him with his shoulder looking upset. Though this seemed odd, I shrugged not wanting to think too much of it. 

"I appreciate that," I sighed, "but we were in the middle of a-"

"Hold on just a moment," Niall began, smoldering his gray eyes, "I actually came over here for a reason. I saw you from across the way and couldn't help noticing how beautiful you really are. You're striking if I don't say so myself."

I laughed. "I'm sorry. I'm not interested."

Niall's eyes widened in shock. "Oh. No. I wasn't talking to you. I wouldn't dare: Hero would kill me. I'm talking to your friend... Josephine is it?" 

Now that I paid more attention, I saw Niall was indeed looking right at Jo. 
I looked back at her, completely taken off guard. For as long as I'd known her she had never recieved such compliments. 

Her mouth hung open. 

"I... don't..." Josephine tried to say but was lost for words.

"Let me make this short." Niall went on. "How about I ask you out. There's another party coming up. I'd love to meet you there."

"You came..." Josephine paused to search for the right words. "To talk to me?"

Niall blushed, suddenly not looking so tough. "Yeah. Is that a yes?" 

With one last look my way, Josephine nodded feebly. "S-sure."

With one last pompous grin, Niall walked off with Hero in tow. As both he and Hero began to walk away, I eyed Hero for the briefest moment before he looked away. 

"I can't believe what just happened." Josephine gasped. 

I shrugged. "At least things are going your way."

Thank you all for the support (:

What do you think of Niall?

Do you think he'll be good for Josephine?