87

Hey everyone! Hope you're all having a good morning. I apologize for the cliffhanger yesterday. Seemed to upset a lot of you 🤣😫
________________________________________

Hero didn't waste time; he raced to the flight of stairs, making me shrink in my seat. He must have taken Luke at his word and followed us here. 

It wasn't long before he made it to my booth. He rushed to me, cupping my face in his hands. I didn't make a move to shove him away. I felt too weak.

"Holy fuck," he said, massaging my numb face. "You're drunk, aren't you?"

I didn't look that bad, did I? 

"Just a little.." 

"Jesus!" He went on, throwing his hands up in exasperation. "You're even slurring your words! I'm getting you out of here!" 

"No!" I attempted to fight back. "I'm on a date!" 

"Yeah, with someone who could give a shit less about you! You smell like a damn sewer and can barely move without falling over. I saw you down there with that fucker drinking like there was no tomorrow! I don't care about what you want; I'm doing this for your own good!"

As Hero yanked on my arm, Luke made his way back to our booth, eyeing us both. He glowered at Hero's firm grasp, puffing out his chest.  

"Could you get your paws off my girl?" 

Oh no. I shivered hiding behind Hero's back. That was the wrong thing to say. 

"Your girl?" Hero thundered going red in the face. "What the fuck do you mean yours, you prick!" 

Luke snorted. "Well, she did agree to go to dinner with me, didn't she?" 

"That doesn't mean a thing." Hero said darkly. "I'm the one who fucks her. I'm the one she runs to. I'm the one that she needs to be with. If you think you're leaving with her..."

"She only agrees to go with you because you don't give her a choice!" Luke spat. "The poor girl needs something more stable. Something reliable. She's not your property."

Just who did they think I was? Here they were, speaking as if I weren't present. I could make statements for myself!

I now noticed that everyone in the booth balcony was staring at the fight, clearly interested. 

"Can you both cut it out?" I screamed, done with the drama. They were acting like small children. "At the end of the night, I'll decide who I'll go with! I'm a big girl, okay? I don't need either of you telling me who I ought to be with. I'm out of here!"

I didn't think about much as I stomped down the stairs. The alcohol had completely worn off in my anger and I wasn't having fun anymore.

I was tired of the constant love triangles going on with me and Hero- actually- I didn't see it as a triangle at all. 

Hero just inserted himself whenever he wanted. 

"Wait!" 

I heard both Hero and Luke shout in unison. They headed right for me, causing me to swivel around. 

"I drove you here! You can't walk alone!" Luke begged. 

"Watch me!" I fought back. 

"Fine," Luke said, as he met me, "If you truly wish to be alone, I'll leave. I think you should take this though."

Without further explanation, he handed over the photo. 

"What do I need this for?" I asked.

"It's not mine. I talked to Brian. He said the customer said it was for you."

I didn't ponder on it much. 

"Okay. Thanks, I guess."

I saw Luke retreat with a moody expression up on the balcony once more. Hero, however, wasn't showing any sign of giving up. He ran for me before I could escape. 

"Hey, what is that?" He demanded, reaching for the picture, only for me to pull it away.

"Nothing that concerns you," I bit back, "You and I are not discussing anything. Get the fuck away from me, you liar."

As I skipped my way down the steps and made my way through the throng of dancers, he still attempted to make talk with me. 

"You're still upset over Niall's little joke?"

I paused at the club's exit doors, the men who sat at the black table, eyeing us. 

"I think we both know it wasn't Niall's doing!" I said. "Girls aren't your playthings, Hero! They're not knick-knacks you can pick up for pleasure, then drop when you're finished! We are real people with feelings at the end of the day!"

"I know- I know that!" Hero exclaimed, clearly not worried about what others thought. "Jesus- I know I fucked up, okay? But you need to realize that I'm human! I made a mistake!"

For no good reason, this angered me even more.

"It's not a mistake when you're constantly doing the same thing over and over! Hero, you need to learn to grow up!"

"I know I do, Kristina. When I'm with you, learning to do that is so much easier. You make me want to do better. I miss you and I need you."

My eyes stung. "You've made me realize something Hero; You needing me just isn't enough."

Before I could turn away, Hero grabbed ahold of my wrists, trying to keep me at bay. 

"I can see the pain in your eyes. You need me too. You can't deny that we are like Yin and Yang: no matter what we do, the universe can't keep us away from each other. It's inevitable."

"Hero, please-"

At once, one of the guards stepped from  a side of the club, a walkie-talkie in hand, approaching us. 

"Excuse me. Is there a problem here, miss?"

I looked to the guard, then to Hero's pleading eyes. I needed to stay away from this man that could do so much to ruin my life. I know I did. 

But as I stared into his orbs, I knew that I yearned for his touch, as much as he yearned for mine. 

"No," I murmured, "We were just leaving."

I saw a glimpse of a smile on Hero's face as we left into the chilly air.

Let me just say how cute Hero's effort is 😍

How dumb is Luke for challenging him like that.

Also what do you all think of the mysterious photo? I'm really curious.