92

Hey everyone!! Hope you're having a good morning!! Please enjoy the chapter <3
________________________________________

"Come with me to my office,"

Tawnee ordered, holding a thick notebook. She led the way into a much different and enclosed space. It was made completely of wood furnishings and had a loud printer running in the background. 

Jo and I took the remaining seats as she sat behind her mahogany desk, firing up her desktop, pressing away at the keyboard. 

"Okay," She started, "New Personal Assistant, Kristina Addison. And..." Tawnee looked up at Josephine. "Are you looking for a job as well?"

This took both Josephine and me off guard. Whoa. Just like that?

"Oh, I couldn't intrude," Josephine nervously said, "I have college paid for and my dorm-"

"Of course," Tawnee interrupted, "I understand your predicament. Then again, the semester is nearly over. I can pay for any unsettled fees and have you set up for room and board at a hotel for the time being-"

Josephine laughed. "This all happening so fast. Can I think about it over vacation?"

Tawnee grinned. "Of course. In the meantime, I'll leave a slot open for you. New hire, Josephine Langford, for Vice treasurer."

Another moment of clicking from the keyboard sounded before Tawnee carried on with our meeting. 

"Okay, so the dress code is fairly simple. Kristina, you have just the right idea. This company is a close-knit family. We don't have those cheesy monthly crew cheers or bullshit like that. We are simply all friends here looking to support each other. As for sexual harassment, if you are having trouble with an employee, we have a warning policy. Upon hire, we tell them absolutely no harrassment. If they do, there's no chances. They are out of the company right there..." 

As Tawnee paused, looking through her computer for more clauses, Jo piped up. 

"Tawnee, I'm so sorry to interrupt, but... when we got here... we asked for Ms. Horan and the receptionist said there were a few... you don't know if...." 

Tawnee sighed, dropping her desktop mouse. 

Josephine blushed. "Oh, I'm so sorry! This is so inappropriate of me to ask!" 
Tawnee laughed resting her hand on Jo's. 

"Dear, I can promise you that Niall does not have anyone else. I know this isn't correct protocol per se, but you two are the exception in the workplace. Back on the subject... the other Ms. Horan is my daughter, Erin."

"Oh," Josephine breathed out a sigh of relief. "Okay."

"Now," Tawnee said, "continuing on, things will be pretty simple, Kristina. We will guide you through the process, first thing, but you will mostly be doing coffee runs, cleaning the office, working on assignments and anything else that might pop up. When do you think you can start?" 

I looked around the room in awe. "As soon as possible. Hero and I are going to be staying in an apartment in the city here soon so I'd like to get the ball rolling." 

"Perfect." Tawnee grinned. 

Within an hour, Josephine and I were out the Enterprises doors. After we spent a few minutes freaking out over our new jobs, Jo left me with Hero. 

He drove us across town to a few nice apartments- if you could even call them that. They definitely weren't studios as he'd suggested. One was a nice backwoods styled cabin. It was gorgeous, but just wasn't for me. 

Another was a nice sterile white fortress. Again, it was beautiful, but it wasn't my style. It reminded me too much of the office. When I came home, I wanted to relax and get away from all that. 

The very last apartment we came across was different, but definitely felt like it belonged in the city of Chico. It was expansive and was made entirely of glass windows, overlooking a gigantic pool. 

This was going to cost I fortune. I loved it...

As Hero listened to the manager talk about the many benefits of renting this very apartment, he turned around while she still spoke, asking me what I thought. 

"I love it." I admitted.

"This is the one?" Hero smiled expectantly. 

I nodded. He then turned to the manager digging into his back pocket. 

"We'll take this one. I'll sign the necessary paperwork. We don't need to run through anything else." 

"Of course," The woman replied, lowering her glasses, eyeing Hero suspiciously. "We just need to see your credit-"

"That won't be necessary," Hero argued, "I'll pay you in full for the down payment and deposit. I'll even double it."

I gasped at what he was offering. I was even more shocked when the manager accepted his offer.

"Right this way to my office." 

As Hero and I followed, I whispered, 

"Where did you get all this money?" 

Hero chuckled. "I'm pulling it out of my savings. I have plenty." 

I planted my feet, unwilling to move. "No. I can't let you do that!" 

Hero glowered down at me. "Can you not fight me on this? We are getting this done today. End of discussion." 

I bit down on my cheek at he took my arm and led me towards a closed door.

So they are moving into an apartment and jobs look like a possibility.

Could this be their saving grace 😱

Love you all <3 <3