58

Hey everyone! I've loved Britney's music for so long so why not use one of her songs? Lol. Love you all ^_^
_________________________________________

I was relieved when I saw the line edge closer to the concession stands in the kitchen. 

"Don't you think that was a little weird?" I asked as the student in front of me grabbed a plate. 

"What was weird?" Josephine asked, seeming preoccupied. 

"Have you ever heard of Niall before now? I mean, he's a jerk, and then out of nowhere, Hero guides his friend to the one person he hates?"

A glint of hurt flashed in Josephine's eyes. "Yes, I believe over the years, Hero has mentioned him once or twice. Besides, hate is a strong word. You don't think you might be a little jealous?"

I gasped at this sudden accusation. "Why would you think that?" 

Josephine bit down on her lip. "I know what you and Hero have been up to."

My eyes widened at this revelation. "Oh, um..."

"He texted me earlier this morning. Told me all about it. I mean, I knew you two were up to no good, but I had no idea how many times." Josephine went on. 

"He texted you?" I asked, feeling like someone had just shot me in the stomach. 

"Well," Josephine said, "He did say that you never respond."

"What am I supposed to do!" I shouted, feeling heated. "And where does this jealously bit fit in?"

Josephine twisted her hands together looking uncomfortable. "I'm not trying to be mean, but you seem to like that kind of attention. Like maybe, you were upset because Niall was complimenting me instead?"

I wanted more than anything to roll my eyes and storm out of the cafeteria, but instead, I took a deep breath before responding. 

"Of course that's not it. I'm just skeptical, that's all. Are you actually going to the party with Niall?"

"I don't know," Josephine replied, picking at her nails. "Should I?"

I sighed. "If I'm being honest, he looks exactly like Hero: trouble. The best thing you and I can probably do, is stray away from things like that and focus on our studies."

Later that night when I finally met Josephine in our dorm after classes, I nearly exploded, taking a look at my final grades for my latest tests. 

"I don't understand how this could happen!" I screamed, tearing at my hair. 

"What happened?" Josephine asked. 

"I scored a sixty on my quiz- a sixty! In all my years, that has never happened!"

"Have you been studying?" Josephine asked. 

Hearing this, I almost choked on my own breath. No, I hadn't. I had been so busy lately with chasing Hero around that I hadn't really thought about it. Who was I without my parents? 

"I haven't," I sobbed, "Oh my god, I'm such an idiot! Hero took my mind off of everything that should matter in my life!"

Josephine sighed. "I told you you needed to be careful."

I huffed, turning my back to her so she couldn't see the shame on my face. 

"He's not mad at you, you know," Josephine said. 

"What?" I asked through my tears. 

"Hero. He texted me that he isn't mad. He misses you."

I looked at my feet, knowing I already swore myself from seeing him, but my heart was already going in the opposite direction. I silently nodded so Jo couldn't see the excitement growing on my face. 

"Yeah he's-" Josephine gasped, looking at her phone. "Oh my!"

"What?"

Josephine cracked a wide smile. "Niall texted me that he wants to meet before the party."

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh, you're texting him too?"

"Yeah. Hero gave me his number. Well, he wants to meet me in the lobby."

I jumped up, surprised by the sudden statement. "Want me to come with?"

"Oh... um... you could if you want..."

I thought about this for a moment. "You know what? I'll stay behind. Go have some fun."

Josephine didn't waste time in squealing and running out the door. 

Please remember to vote and comment. <3