42

Hey everyone! I thought Break my heart by Dua Lipa was perfect :)
_________________________________________

When I exited the car, I made sure to fluff my hair and fix my shirt as I approached Kylie.

It was what I did when I felt nervous about something. 

Kylie didn't look innocent at all. Here in the dim light of a lamppost, she looked utterly dangerous, in all black, staring into the depths of my soul. 

She looked like she wanted to rip me apart.

"If you'll excuse me," I began, trying to be nice, "me and my friend need to get to our dorm."

As I did my best to maneuver around her, Kylie yelled from behind me. 

"NO, WE ARE GOING TO TALK RIGHT NOW!"

I turned around, a mask of shock on my features. 

"Excuse me?" 

Josephine stood back at a distance watching everything come undone. 

"You just can't stay away, can you?" Kylie went on. 

I approached Kylie, still feeling stumped by what she was going on about. 

"I have no idea what you're-"

"Okay, princess," Kylie taunted. "If you prefer to play stupid, let me play it out for you: I know you slept with my boyfriend!"

I stood still, barely able to move a muscle. How did she know?

"If you want to be technical," I pointed out, "we didn't sleep together. He fingered me."

I gasped, finally realizing what I'd just said. 

Kylie's face now turned sour with my response. 

"You're such a whore!" She screamed.

"And you're not even going out with Hero!"

At my response, Kylie stumbled back. 

"He told me you two aren't even together," I went on, "if I remember correctly, he called you psycho."

This seemed to have done it. Kylie rushed me, thrusting both her arms out, going for my throat. Retaliating, I grabbed ahold of her wrists holding her at bay for a few seconds until she broke free and took a handful of my shirt. 

We were both screaming in anger, trying to challenge each other. I could already picture the spectacle we were creating. After the fight we just had, my mother would have filmed it. 

"Please," Josephine begged, "we have to go. We could get kicked off campus for violence!"

Kylie now yanked on my hair, wrenching it free from my clip. "This bitch isn't going anywhere!"

I didn't know what to do. Josephine wasn't any help. She clearly didn't know how to act in stressful situations. I was stuck unable to go anywhere.
I would just have to put up with it. 

Just as I thought this, I felt being pushed onto the concrete, falling onto my back. When I looked up, grateful I had been let go, I saw none other than Hero, standing over both of us. 

Had he broken us up? 

I stood up, eyeing Kylie who was now grinning, still lying on the ground. 

"I thought I asked you to stay?" she asked him. 

"I'm glad I didn't." Hero replied. "You could have killed her."

Kylie wiped some drool off the side of her chin. 

"I wish I had."

She then looked at me with the same nasty grin. 

"It doesn't matter I'm not his girlfriend. I kept him enough company in my bed to get him to stick around."

At this, I turned to look at Hero, a horrified expression on my face.

Hero, however, looked as guilty as ever.

If you can, please leave a comment or vote.

I love you all <3