79

Hey everyone! I hope you're having a good day. <3

Here's Stone Cold to listen to while you read
_________________________________________

All I saw was red as I approached the table. It was nearly empty.

Niall's and Hero's parents were absent, much to my relief, but they were joking around at the table, like they hadn't done anything wrong. 

"Hey!" I screamed, aware of the few groups of people in the ballroom, staring my way. 

Hero stood up to greet me, only to get a backhand. He felt my reddened handprint on his cheek, looking utterly lost. 

"What the fuck?"

"You both are fucking sick!" I stated, trying to make them lesser men by glowering. "Do you really not have anything better to do than play around with girls' hearts?"

"I think you're blowing things out of proportion," Niall dared to say from the other side of the table, "Why don't you take a seat before you blow a gasket."

"No, no," I said, attempting to rush Niall, only for Hero to hold me back, "You don't get to sit back and make jokes- I'm here to beat the crap out of you!"

"Can you just calm the fuck down?" Hero ordered. "You're acting damn crazy- you just hit me!"

"For good reason!" I sobbed. "When the hell were you going to tell me that you two made it a game of trying to get my best friend to believe she was in love?"

At this, Niall's straight face faltered, showing just how remorseful he felt.

Then again, it was probably just an act. Hero's expression, however, never wained. He stood his ground, looking dead behind black irises. 

"Yeah, we made that bet," he shrugged, "Can you really blame us? You practically throw your books and Mormon skirts in our faces! You're asking for trouble!"

Was he serious? 

I shook my head, not wanting to believe anything that was being said. 

"So, because we prefer to be ourselves, we have to pay the price? Do you realize how messed up that sounds?"

"Josephine has always acted like she was better than anyone." Hero said in a dark voice. "She had what was coming to her."

I backed away, disgusted with the boy I saw in front of me. 

"If that's really how you feel, where does that leave me?"

Hero crept forward, suddenly looking panicked. "You know that's not how I feel about you."

I pursed my lips. "Why shouldn't you? Josephine and I have a lot in common, from our careers to our shoes. I'm a good girl that likes to get good grades and do exactly what her parents tell her- Is that it? Did you make it a game for me to fall for you?"

"Kristina, no, that's not-"

"God, I am so stupid!" I cried out. "I should have known that your whole spiel of being in love with me was bull! And we just-" I thought about us making love in the hall not too long ago. 

No, we had fucked. That was all. What had Hero told me the first time we talked? If we were hanging out, we were fucking. Everyone did it.

"That's it," I murmured, "I won't be playing your games anymore. I can't play your games anymore, Hero! If a joke is all I mean to you, I'm not sure I can go on like this!"

As I began to storm away, Hero grabbed onto my arm, nearly leaving a bruise. 

"Kristina... you can't do this to me..."

I swiveled around, pinning him with a glare. 

"Now, why shouldn't I? Time and time again you show me why you can't be trusted and I forgive you so easily... I have to do things for myself!"

Hero didn't show any sign of letting go of my arm.

"What about me?" He exclaimed. "What about what we talked about? You're just going to leave me and make me deal with all this on my own? I told you I can't let you go!"

I forced a grimace. "Yet, you told me to leave if you ever did anything to hurt me. Now, let me go, Hero."

Once I managed to shove away from him, I started to head for Jo who was staring at me in shock from across the room. Hero, however, wasn't about to let me off that easy. He cupped his hands around his mouth calling for me:

"When Niall's parents find out how you talked to us, your temp job is over with!"

"Well, that's fine!" I yelled back. "I don't need handouts!"

Before I was able to comprehend anything that happened, a few guards that I had seen standing out front, now approached me and Josephine, trying to herd us away from the scene. 

"I'm sorry," One of the blonde guards said, "We are going to have to ask you to leave. We can't have our guests here disturbed while visiting."

"That's fine." I spit out as my eyes met with the ballroom's entrance doors. "I didn't need to be here anyway."

Hey everyone. Thank you sm for reading 😁

Please remember to vote and comment