18

Hey everyone (: I thought Seventeen by Alessia Cara was perfect (:
_____________________________________

"What is that girl's problem with you?" Josephine asked. "She's so defensive."

I shrugged. "I don't know. She and I haven't really spoken. She just has this problem with me for no reason."

"I wouldn't say for no reason..." Josephine trailed off. 

This caused me to swivel around and face my best friend. "Do you have something to say?" I challenged. 

"What about the other day?" Josephine went on. "She made it clear that she was upset because you and Hero did things together... wait... did that happen at the party?"

My eyes went wide, shocked at her bluntness. "It wasn't my fault. You have to believe me. didn't actually do anything with him. I was drunk and he climbed on the bed and just touched me."

Josephine didn't look like she quite believed me. "Did you try to ask him to stop?"

"Well, um, no..." I instantly blushed, looking down at my feet.

"Then maybe you should apologize to her," Josephine said. "You know, try to bury the hatchet."

I scoffed, upset at what was coming out of her mouth. "Absolutely not! She's been nothing but rude to me and I will not put up with it!"

"I'm sorry," Josephine immediately apologized, "I'm just telling you what I think would be best."

I sighed, knowing I was being dramatic about the whole thing. "I know you are. It's okay."

As we both had begun to turn around in the direction of Josephine's car, we jumped at the unwelcomed sight of Hero, leaning leisurely against a shining Ford Capri, smoking a cigarette. I rolled my eyes. I knew exactly why he was here. He was shuttling around Kylie and her sidekicks. 

What was he doing here of all places? I knew someone like him surely didn't read books or study. 

"What, are you guys stalking me or something?" I ask before I can stop the words from coming out of my mouth. 

Hero took a long drag, before contemplating his choices before answering. 

"What the hell are you talking about?"
He demanded, blowing out the smoke. 

"I saw your girlfriend in there," I spat, feeling uncomfortable by this realization. "I heard what she said. You guys obviously followed me here to bully me. I'm just saying, that is harassment and is illegal."

Hero laughed, finding this comical. "I'm sorry to tell you sweetheart, but you're not that exciting. We all have better things to do. In fact, I had no idea Kylie was here."

Yeah, right. That was probably what he wanted me to think. 

"I suppose you were here to check out a book?" I said teasingly. 

Hero rolled his eyes dramatically. "Does this library have your name printed on it or something? I have a life too. Is it that hard for you to believe?"

On cue, we heard the library doors jingle, Kylie and her cohorts appearing. It was awkward. Kylie seemed nervous, shifting foot to foot. She looked like she was in a place she didn't belong. 

Did she stalk him here? But why?

My questions were answered when Hero's mood completely shifted, throwing his cigarette to the ground and glaring angrily in Kylie's direction. 

"I told you to stop fucking following me!" He shouted.

I hope you are all enjoying (:

Please vote or comment if you wish (: