27

Hey everyone :) I thought Lonely by Justin was perfect for how Kristina feels.

Btw, kudos to Justin for opening up. It couldn't have been easy :(
_____________________________________

"I'll see you soon?" Josephine asked as I exited the car.

I smiled, glad that she and I were still friends despite everything that had happened. 

"Yeah," I replied, "if you try calling, I might be busy with studying so if I don't pick up that's why."

I didn't know if I said this because I wanted to relieve her nerves or I said this to make sure I actually did this. The past few days proved that I needed to hold myself accountable. I couldn't be trusted with myself, especially when it concerned a certain tattooed boy. 

Josephine nodded. "Okay. I'll see you Sunday night."

As Josephine backed out of the parking lot and I turned to enter the Shasta Hall building, I couldn't help but reminisce on my first kiss with Hero. 

I ran my fingers across my bottom lip still feeling the numbness from his assault. I felt different than I ever had before: more conscious- alive. 

My parents had warned me away from my first kiss and now I knew why. It was costly and thrilling. Had this been the danger Josephine had warned me of? It had to be. 

I was now a live wire and Hero had been the one to ignite the fire from within. I wanted more. I wanted more of the danger. I was excited about the chase. I was exhilarated to do something my parents didn't know about. 

Wait- what the hell was I thinking? Who was I turning into? This wasn't me.

Shaking my head, I made my way down the hall, repeating the mantra inside my head:

Just focus on your studies. He doesn't matter. 

He was just a boy, that was all. A boy that, in turn, would cause nothing but trouble for me and wouldn't last more than a week in my life. 

Yes. That was it. 

I just had to keep reminding myself of this and I would be fine. I had to remind myself what I came to college for. 

I just had to- 

I stopped dead in my thoughts as I stepped into my dorm room. I stared as someone's legs were protruding from underneath my bed. 

I wanted nothing more than to scream but I knew I had to be smart about this. What if it was the campus janitor or something?

"Excuse you?" I called out, hoping to take whoever this was, off-guard. 

Whoever it was, banged their head, yelping in pain, then slid all the way out so I could see them. They looked guilty and not at all familiar. 

It was an older looking man, all covered in red soot. His hair was grimy looking and he was wearing clothes that had rips and tears. He didn't look like a janitor should look.... 

"Who are you?" I demanded, now feeling impatient and a bit uncomfortable. 

"Well, this is awkward." The man laughed. 

"Tell me right now or I'll call campus security!" I threatened. This situation didn't seem right and it was getting more suspicious as he kept talking. 

"Hey, hey!" The man was now cowering, holding both his hands up in the air. "There's no need for that... I was only casing your room-"

I scoffed. "Like that's any better! I've had enough-!"

"No! Please!" The man now seemed desperate. "Charlie- Elouise-! They said they didn't think you'd be here but if you did show up to say those names!"

I took a step back in disbelief. "What? My mother and father?"

"I'm sorry," the man went on, "they paid me two-grand. Said they wanted me to check for any contraband they deemed... useful..."

"What items did they consider contraband, may I ask?" I snapped, already feeling beyond pissed off. 

The man closed his eyes as if feeling utterly embarrassed. "I'm so sorry for this. They wanted me to collect any... drugs, dildos or.... condoms..."

My mouth fell open wider than it ever had. What the-? Who did my parents even think I was? I had never had sex, to this day. And when would I ever try drugs? 

"I'm going to ask you to leave," I demanded. 

When I noticed the man having an internal battle with himself I sighed. 

"Look. I know my parents. Tell them you gathered the items and burned them because of how disgusted you were. They'll be disappointed but will be glad nonetheless. You'll get your money."

Seeming pleased with my answer, the man quickly ran out, leaving me to my thoughts. 

I dug my phone out of my pocket feeling dumbfounded.

Hope you're all having a great day.

Thank you for the support.