16

Hey everyone!! I thought Good Enough by Little Mix was perfect for Elouise and Charlie (:
___________________________________

Everything happened all at once: as Hero stormed out the building's front doors, with his girlfriend hot on his heels, several people rushed toward Luke, offering help.

Staring at the scene, I had no idea what happened. Hero hadn't even been a part of our conversation. In fact, he'd interrupted quite rudely. We hadn't even accepted him into our circle. 
Why had he hit Luke like that? 

Looking at Josephine with her mouth wide open, I knew she wanted to say something- anything- but she didn't have time to voice it. Annie rushed over, while Ellie approached Luke, tending to his wounds. 

"What's going on?" Annie hissed, staring back at Luke still crumpled on the ground.

"I honestly have no idea-" I paused, trying to search for a good enough excuse. "That punch came out of nowhere. We were all talking and drama started between me and um... Hero's girlfriend..."

Annie let out an audible snort. "What? Are you talking about Kylie? That girl is trouble. She's defensive about everyone- especially chicks. She has issues."

I wanted to laugh. Kylie. What a typical name. She probably had some rich person's last name like Rockefeller or something like that. 

"I don't get why Hero would punch Luke because of the drama between you two," Annie went on. 

"I don't know," I answered honestly, "It was weird. All Luke asked me was if I would go on a date with him and Hero straight-up punched him."

Annie's eyes nearly bugged out of their sockets. "Hero punched him because of that? I mean, I always knew they loathed each other, but to do something like that... is there something going on with you and Luke? I mean you two only met last night..."

"No," I stated firmly, "Definitely not. Please tell Ellie that. He asked me out and I said no. End of story."

Annie took a deep sigh of relief. "Oh okay. Good. I suppose you need a ride now?"

I gasped. "What about Luke?"

"Oh, don't worry," She said, smiling back at Luke and Ellie, "I'm sure Ellie will take very good care of him."

I nodded, allowing Annie enough time to gather her bearings together and lead both me and Josephine out the doors to a sleek truck. 

It wasn't long before we reached the dorms. As I stepped out Annie's friend tried bribing me to go to yet another party, but I lied, saying I had important things to do. I knew as soon as I stepped foot into that room, I was going to pull out my school things and get to studying the curriculum and maybe even convince Josephine to quiz me so I could get it right. To people like her, it probably seemed minor and absurd, but to me it was vital. 

It had to be. 

As we drug our feet on our way to our room, we began making small talk, utterly unaware of what we would face in the next couple of minutes. When we stepped inside, our laughter faltered as we saw who stood, with their arms crossed, looking at both of us with disapproval in their eyes. 

It was then that I finally noticed Josephine's appearance: disheveled brown hair piled high like a mountain and wrinkled clothes. I knew then that I probably looked about the same, possibly even worse. 

"Mom? Dad?"

I attempted to smile at them, but my parents had their feet dug into the ground, glaring at me from where they stood. As always, my father looked the worse out of both of them, making it look like he'd have steam coming out of his ears within the next couple of moments. 

"Josephine," My father's voice cracked like a whip through the air, "would you please give me and my daughter a minute?"

Josephine didn't hold back. She ducked her head, quickly scurrying out the room. My mother looked nervous, glancing between the both of us, not knowing what to do. 

"Dear, I will talk to her alone." My father ordered, causing my mother to follow in Josephine's footsteps. 
When we were alone, my father instantly pounced on me.

"Where have you been?" He demanded. "I tried calling you this morning and you never picked up. I thought I was absolutely clear in the rules."

"I'm sorry." I apologized. "I totally forgot. It won't happen again. I was out at a college function."

My father was now seething. "No, you were not. I had a tracker put on your phone months ago. I saw last night you were in an unknown location, miles away. I couldn't tell where you were so I came to visit you last night. The only problem was, you weren't here."

I gulped, already knowing I was in deep trouble. 

"So, I decided to give you another chance," He went on, "but you failed to call and weren't here for hours."

I took a deep breath, trying to think of how I could put this as delicately as possible.

"Father, I don't mean any disrespect, but there's something you have to understand. I'm eighteen and no longer living at the house now. You may not realize this but sometimes at college's they do have us travel on college functions, which was where I was. I take my education seriously and I thought you would have understood that. I can't be sitting near my phone at all hours of the day, ready to take your call. I have things to do."

My father still didn't seem satisfied with my answer. He ran his hand through his perfectly gelled brown hair, straightening the tie he was wearing. "You don't even have a car."

I sighed, my patience already running thin. "There are ways I can get there. I have Josephine to give me rides and the bus is nearby."

For once, my father seemed pleased with something I'd said. He nodded, accepting my excuse. 

"Fine." He replied. "call us tonight.... If you can handle it. For now, me and your mother must attend a function of our own."

On his way over to my dorm door, my father looked back at me with distaste in his features. 

"Fix your hair," He ordered, "You look indecent."

When he had finally stalked off and Josephine had entered the dorm room again, her face was a mask of shock.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

I shook my head. "No. That was a close call. I cannot go to parties ever again."

Josephine nodded in agreement, immediately falling back on her bed.

I appreciate you all for taking the time to read my story (:

Thank you all so much <3

Please vote or comment

I have an IG you can all follow for updates on the story or my crazy life Haha (: I'll follow back @Afterstan67