71

Hey everyone! I hope you're having a wonderful morning. Once again, I must add a trigger warning. Beware before you begin reading <3 <3

As a side note: if you ever find yourself struggling with these trigger warnings, please do confide in a trusted family member or friend. You're not alone <3
_________________________________________

After we sat back cuddling for the longest time, I had begun to feel thirsty. When I moved to get out of Hero's strong grasp and pulled on my skirt, he eyed me worriedly. 

"Do you want some water?" I asked, standing up. 

He breathed a sigh of relief. "Yeah, let me go get it-"

I shook my head. "No, you need to rest. I'll be fine. I'm not going anywhere."

Hero looked like he wanted to fight me more on this, but ended up leaning back on his bed, relaxing. 

"Okay. Don't take too long."

As soon as he rolled over on his side and pulled the sheets to his chin, I started for the door.

On my way, my eyes caught onto a bright blue pill sitting on his television stand. It was soaked in water, sitting next to a large cup of liquid. I wanted to turn around and ask Hero about it, but I decided I'd ask later.

I quickly stumbled down the stairs, surprised at the amount of activity in the frat. I thought things would have calmed down by now, but what did I really expect? It was a constant rave here. 

When I made it to the kitchen I wasn't sure what to look for. I'd never looked through much of the cupboards and had no idea where anything was. My attention was eventually directed to a giant table in the middle of the floor, where none other than Nora was busy concocting a drink on the wooden slab. 

When she turned around and caught my eye, she approached, with a clear cup in hand. As I stared at the liquid inside, I was able to discern some floating particles inside that didn't look right. I knew it wasn't a kool-aid mix. There was always a different consistency. 

"Where have you been?" Nora asked sweetly. 

I smiled, already knowing there wasn't anything she could hold over me.

"Oh, just woke up from a nap with my boyfriend."

Nora did her best to keep her smile plastered on, but it turned a bit sour. She knew exactly who I was talking about. 

"Oh, wonderful," She retorted, trying to find her way around me, though it was a hard thing with everyone so clustered together. "Speaking of which, I'm headed up there myself. I have a special drink for him-"

Before Nora could get far, I stepped in front of her with determination. 

"For what, might I ask?"

Nora stepped to the side. "Easy. While he and I were busy for seven minutes in heaven, he said he was feeling a bit parched, so if you'll excuse me-"

I blocked her path again. "I don't think so. He told me everything- You two didn't do anything. I'm headed back to his bedroom anyway, so I'll take the drink to him."

As I tried swiping the cup away, Nora kept a tight hold on it. "No, I can handle it myself, thanks."

I squinted my eyes. "Just so we're clear, he's my boyfriend, okay? I'm not here to sit around while some homewrecker shakes her ass so she can steal someone's man. Are we clear?"

As if finally realizing I was in the right, Nora released her grasp, glowering at me.

"Just a tip," She spat, "Don't flaunt your helmet hair- it isn't flattering."

As she stormed away in a rush, I was about to continue on up the staircase, until something caught my attention. My thought from earlier had been right: Something was floating inside the cup, but it wasn't just the particles.

Rushing around to find a bathroom, I made sure it wasn't occupied before I turned on the light. Resting the rim of the cup against a finger, I drained it completely. 

When I dumped the contents onto the sink, I was shocked at what I saw. The particles I had seen floating around were powdery white flecks and something else I hadn't expected- a broken blue capsule. I scratched my head, confused at what I saw in front of me. My parents always taught me that pills and liquids didn't mix unless for a good reason. 

Hero wasn't ill, was he? Then again, Nora had made this. 

Another thing my parents had pointed out whilst warning me against parties and boys, was the danger of illegal substances...

With my heart jumping in my chest, I dug my phone out of my skirt pocket, searching up the exact pill label and number. Once I reached a reliable enough article, I nearly dropped the phone in horror. This was exactly what I thought it was. My worries had been confirmed. 

Ditching the pill and cup, I rushed back to Hero's bedroom in a daze. To my surprise, he was sitting up- still shirtless- and smoking a cigarette. He looked taken aback by the look on my face, which probably made me look like a maniac. 

"Took you long enough," He groaned.
"What's wrong?"

I didn't bother saying anything. I ran towards him, forcing him to raise the cigarette so it wouldn't burn me. 

"You're okay?" I asked, wrapping my arms around him. 

Hero snorted. "Um... yeah? I haven't gone anywhere. Why are you acting so weird?"

"Hero, I..." I trailed off, thinking about how to word this. "Was Nora with you the entire time you were playing seven minutes in heaven?"

"Again," Hero seethed, growing moody again, "We were just talking. And no. At one point, she had left and come back."

I nodded, knowing my theory was getting more credible by the second. 

"Hero... she tried to roofie you..."

I expected him to fight back at this, but he sat silently. 

"I know because there was a pill inside a drink she tried bringing up to you," I went on, "Earlier I was going to tell you about the blue pill on your dresser, but I didn't want to worry you."

"Yeah," Hero murmured as he took a hit off his cigarette, "I know."

I gasped. "You knew she was doing this?"

Hero shrugged. "Yeah. That was why it took us ten minutes to talk. When she had come back, I saw that something was wrong with the drink she tried forcing down my throat and I kicked her out. I will say though, I was surprised at what a fight that girl could put on. She was adamant."

"Hero," I said, thumbing his cheek. "This is serious business. We have to report this."

"I can't do that." He said. 

My eyes widened. "Why not? She'll get what she deserves."

"You don't understand," Hero continued, "I've been with the same people for a while now. I can't keep hurting everyone. I'm doing what's right."

As Hero stormed off to finish off his cigarette by the open window, I couldn't help thinking what Nora had over him.

I really do appreciate you all <3 <3

Hero really is having a hard life right now :(

Please remember to vote and comment and please stay safe this year.